Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 05:10 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times

Advertisements

C'mon, Plaidmom, she has already telephone stalked her. They would never come over for dinner.

I think that he is just trying to make her leave. Whatever relationship he with his friend, it is his failure to care about his wife's feelings that is the issue. Even if he and the other woman are just friends, if it bothers the wife, he should honor her wishes. On the other hand, if she is jealous of all women, maybe he is tired of her being unreasonable and paranoid. It just sounds as though he wants her to be the one to leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 05:17 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,110,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
C'mon, Plaidmom, she has already telephone stalked her. They would never come over for dinner.
Whoops, missed the stalking part (???).

If they refuse the dinner invite, then, yeah, it's game-over.

Time to pack hubby's bags.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Whoops, missed the stalking part (???).

If they refuse the dinner invite, then, yeah, it's game-over.

Time to pack hubby's bags.
I think I would pack them in garbage bags and remind him what day the trash goes out.

IMHO, even if it is a harmless friendship, if it bothers her that much, he should honor his wife enough to cut it out. Or he should have included the wife and her husband in the friendship as soon as she expressed her concern. If it was innocent, the two couples could have become friends.

He's playing games and sounds like a jerk.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:26 PM

Cosmic, I think you would make me wet my pants in laughter if I was in the same room with you spouting this stuff!!! I could well be dense, okay, I am dense, alright... but WTF are you talking about? Tests, Haitian guys in chairs. I don't understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
A - Yup you could be right. He found a woman who will Stand by Her Man. Hey, who said you have to be married to them? Those type ladies are probably pretty rare.

I had to get one of those tests in the hospital that you got to bring another person with you. Takes forever to get the appointment. Nobody and I mean like nobody would volunteer to go. So I can appreciate his loyality to The Other Woman, hey she not only would go, but Stand By Him. The Haitian guy I finally got only wanted to sit in a chair.

I think I would also probably buy her lunch on the way home. His best thing would be to arrange a swap with the Other Husband. Might have to pay some money to make up for the poor quality of his trade.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:33 PM

926 posts, read 1,460,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I may be in the minority here, and this is an argument for another day, but I
do NOT believe you can be CLOSE friends with a member of the opposite sex (if one or both of you is married.) I'm sorry but I think it either IS currently or will eventually become an emotional affair. (Again, I'm not saying you can't be casual friends with someone of the opposite sex, but CLOSE friends, uh-uh.) And the relationship in question here sounds "close", not casual.

But, yeah, cold eh Nd, like we discussed yesterday, you have given your friend counsel. She will make her own decisions, all you really can do now IMHO is be there for her.
I've had this very same viewpoint for a long time. My contention is that if male/female friendship is too close, at least one of the 2 will be having stronger feelings than just a friendship thing.

Old 05-04-2007, 08:25 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Exclamation well-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_eh_ND View Post
Hmmm....I think the most recent upset was the husband had to go in for knee surgery. He asked the 'other woman' to take him into the city and stand by him. My friend was not invited. This was after he told my friend two of his male buddies were taking him. She later found out he had the other woman take him instead.

You're right, not the first whine, but this situation seems to be much more than a simple co-worker kind of relationship.
Cold_eh_ND that is out of line. If he has no regard for his wife then she either needs to confront him, or quit complaining. She is enabling his behavior right now. They have been together 17 years? Id have dumped him long ago.

Cosmic mentioned he should kick her out- Uh- Cosmic- I dont know how old you are- but legal issues- and who loses in the divorce is the one who loses the house- Marriage ain't like a college dorm.

sunny

Old 05-04-2007, 08:29 PM

Lightbulb Yes-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_eh_ND View Post
She's Catholic...doesn't believe in divorce. She just wants to find a way to get past this/fix this. Maybe it'll ride itself out...either way, I've done and said all I pretty much can...it's up to her now. I'll be there for her, but like you said....it's her bed and she needs to lie in it.
Maybe she should try counseling? He sounds like a manipulator though. Being Catholic really shouldnt also mean being a martyr- I have a friend in NY using that as an excuse- the man she is married to is an utter narcissist- it is a bad situation (sort of like Yorkie Mom's)

sunny

Old 05-05-2007, 01:54 AM

3,020 posts, read 25,726,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
Cosmic, I think you would make me wet my pants in laughter if I was in the same room with you spouting this stuff!!! I could well be dense, okay, I am dense, alright... but WTF are you talking about? Tests, Haitian guys in chairs. I don't understand
Dry those drawers, my dear. Yes, you are getting dense. If you want certain medical tests, you MUST bring some other poor soul with you. Liability crap, in theory you are not suppose to be able to drive. In that case and particular time I wound up hijacking a Haitian dude I did a ton of flavors for. Only he would not stand by me, pretty lazy dude. He sat and messed with magazines while they messed with me. I should have had an Other Woman but by that time they also were getting harder to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post

Cosmic mentioned he should kick her out- Uh- Cosmic- I dont know how old you are- but legal issues- and who loses in the divorce is the one who loses the house- Marriage ain't like a college dorm.

sunny
Thanks for reminding me of reason #47 to never marry one of them. Especially in Massachusetts. BTW, not like that in Ohio. You want the house, you buy it. She gets squat, later on.

Thanks for showing the bias tho. Reason #27.

Nothing is like they claim. Under my system; I kick her dumb not performing ass out in a flash when she ain't in agreement with the program, especially if she starts a lot of these smart snooker games that so many of them seem to love. The smarter guys are finally catching on and doing the same. Wise up; the wife is probably as Janis Ian said in the song. Clear skinned girls, who married young and then retired.

Yup, poor dude must love coming home to some old hag in bunny slippers and curlers and that hot TV dinner. Think I would stay and have supper with the Other Woman as well. Well least once a week.

I do love judgements based on stereotypes. Especially those that pretend violence in all of its forms against men is acceptable and voicing what they would do make his life even more miserable. And then in the next breath asking why they can not find another adoring male. Man is there some sick female pups loose in this land or what. Guess they probably never had a clue.

There are some really crap men out there. Maybe a lot of females deserve them and a lot more. Maybe there really is a God.

Petty rules and small minds for happiness with even more rules and more petty judgements to apply the absurd to the unwilling. Does this elevator also go up???

Old 05-05-2007, 04:30 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
For the love of God ladies...I'm just ritght here. And yet you choose to go through all this drama? WTF?

Old 05-05-2007, 05:05 AM

Yup, poor dude must love coming home to some old hag in bunny slippers and curlers and that hot TV dinner. Think I would stay and have supper with the Other Woman as well. Well least once a week.

Try to stay on topic. We are talking about the OP, not your personal experience. wow.

S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships