Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 02:16 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times

Advertisements

People like this don't believe that cold sores are "real herpes." They probably already have it...So guys & gals no auto love for you now! Better stay away from dentists and doctors too. Those losers carry it quite often. Better never date a doctor or nurse too just incase he/she gets pricked with a needle and you end up with hep C. (yes I am being sarcastic because I think the majority of the population is grossly undereducated when it comes to STDs)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 04:05 PM

433 posts, read 876,049 times
The only Nutty buddies I like are the kind in the dairy section of the grocery store.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:14 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
No way Jose!

They really should make a dating site that matches people up with their specific STD's. You know like all herpes carriers with each other, etc.

It is insane (IMO) to put another human being at risk of catching YOUR incurable disease. Why would anyone want to do that?

Old 11-21-2009, 04:21 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
No way Jose!

They really should make a dating site that matches people up with their specific STD's. You know like all herpes carriers with each other, etc.

It is insane (IMO) to put another human being at risk of catching YOUR incurable disease. Why would anyone want to do that?
You really miss the point and obviously do not understand that it has been estimated that as much as 90% of us already have the herpes virus in our bodies. For people who do have active outbreaks (some people never will and thus never know they have herpes) there is medical help. But this is not a big scary "incurable" disease for pete's sake.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:00 PM

Well maybe when they pass it to someone orally they will wise up.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:25 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You really miss the point and obviously do not understand that it has been estimated that as much as 90% of us already have the herpes virus in our bodies. For people who do have active outbreaks (some people never will and thus never know they have herpes) there is medical help. But this is not a big scary "incurable" disease for pete's sake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Well maybe when they pass it to someone orally they will wise up.
Agree with both of you. The only STD that would keep me from dating someone is HIV/AIDS. Having sex with someone with an STD would have to be carefully considered if the relationship was getting serious and maybe leading to marriage. It would depend on what the STD was, at that point, how much of an issue it might be. I wouldn't give up Mr. Right because he had a cold sore once when he was 10. I would also date someone with Hepatitis, Cancer (not terminal), a missing limb, Diabetes, crooked teeth, and baldness. Hopefully my "catch" wouldn't have all of the above though

Old 11-21-2009, 05:31 PM

I don't know..diabetics can get mighty cranky....

How will I ever find happiness in my palace of golden perfection with a cranky diabetic running around yelling at me for buying the cookies with real sugar?

Old 11-22-2009, 10:16 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Man, you can be tested for ALL of them (both plexes). So why on earth wouldn't you? And yes, herpes of any type is in fact, incurable!!!!!!

Where did you get those stats?

Old 11-22-2009, 12:15 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
[/b]

Man, you can be tested for ALL of them (both plexes). So why on earth wouldn't you? And yes, herpes of any type is in fact, incurable!!!!!!

Where did you get those stats?
don't know where Loves got her stats, but here's some info

"By the time they're teenagers or young adults, about 50% of Americans have HSV-1 antibodies in their blood. By the time they are over age 50, some 80-90% of Americans have HSV-1 antibodies."

Herpes HSV-1 & HSV-2

Old 11-22-2009, 02:57 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
don't know where Loves got her stats, but here's some info

"By the time they're teenagers or young adults, about 50% of Americans have HSV-1 antibodies in their blood. By the time they are over age 50, some 80-90% of Americans have HSV-1 antibodies."

Herpes HSV-1 & HSV-2
Thank you my friend - those are the stats I was talking about

OF COURSE I know herpes is not curable, I just meant it's not horrific like some other incurable diseases. In fact, of all incurable diseases I can think of, herpes is the most benign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships