Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 06:52 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times

Advertisements

Most men won't like to admit it, but those men who are a 3 do not post on message boards and when they are not persuing their next sexual adventure, call men who do post, wimp a$$ *******. That leaves the ones and twos for you guys. TVandSportsGuy has that bounce back characteristic of most ones and KILLER2021 (when will he get out of the hole and start posting again?) is obviously a one with delusions of being a three. Need I ask, where does that leave the rest of you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 06:59 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Which type are you?

A thread the other day got me thinking.. The guy they were talking about was the first type:

1. He arrange a date and she was not immediately taken with him and tried to break it off. Being the persistant type, who probably thought she might be merely posturing to test him, he persisted. She got pissed and plastered it over the internet. Women immediately came to her support, calling him creepy, a dolt, a loser and several other uncomplimentary terms that women regularly use on such men.

2. He was raised to respect women and take what they say at face value so he just faded away, never to bother her again. Since this is a common experience, he seldom makes the effort anymore. Women characterize this as a "lack of confidence" and are quick to also attribute a list of other faults that he is likely to possess, even as they are secretly relieved that he didn't persist like number 1. They eventually get over the lack of ego boost.

3. He is attractive to the woman he dated and she went all out to go to the next level. He gladly took what she offered and then..........nothing. Text messages are unanswered and he doesn' answer his phone. She is pissed and claims that all men are jerks. Gets lots of support on this and other forums.

4. He is attractive and sweeps her off her feet. Her life becomes a series of magnificant experiences as he ravishes her and impresses the socks off her girlfriends. Since not all women post on these sites, its just assumed by women who do that everyone else has found such a man.

[Forthe guys] Did I say that there are 4 types of men? I lied! #4 is a fictional character in a Harlequin romance or in a chick flick.
No man I know fits into any of these categories. You need to get out more.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:00 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Why didn't Clark Gable rape Scarlett O'Hara?
Because Clark Gable was an actor, and Scarlett O'Hara is a character in a book/movie. The character's name was Rhett Butler, and Scarlett was pretty darn happy the next morning.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:54 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Because Clark Gable was an actor, and Scarlett O'Hara is a character in a book/movie. The character's name was Rhett Butler, and Scarlett was pretty darn happy the next morning.
Hi TT,

Point taken. Not really a fan. Its kind of chic flick for me.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:17 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
Eh, I've counted 7,576 different kinds of men so far. Oops. 7,577.

Oops again. 7578.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:43 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,782,039 times
I just love it when an entire gender is reduced to a series of bromides that effectively its members cardboard cutouts/cartoon characters. That is also convenient for folks who fall for these kinds of aphorisms since it obviates the need to do any of one's own real thinking. And we all know how derided thinking is here in America. Just follow the rest of the herd, Elsie.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:45 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,782,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Eh, I've counted 7,576 different kinds of men so far. Oops. 7,577.

Oops again. 7578.
Joe McCarthy says he has a list of 8416 kinds.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:31 AM

37,198 posts, read 19,200,869 times
You need to get out more if you only know four men...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Which type are you?

A thread the other day got me thinking.. The guy they were talking about was the first type:

1. He arrange a date and she was not immediately taken with him and tried to break it off. Being the persistant type, who probably thought she might be merely posturing to test him, he persisted. She got pissed and plastered it over the internet. Women immediately came to her support, calling him creepy, a dolt, a loser and several other uncomplimentary terms that women regularly use on such men.

2. He was raised to respect women and take what they say at face value so he just faded away, never to bother her again. Since this is a common experience, he seldom makes the effort anymore. Women characterize this as a "lack of confidence" and are quick to also attribute a list of other faults that he is likely to possess, even as they are secretly relieved that he didn't persist like number 1. They eventually get over the lack of ego boost.

3. He is attractive to the woman he dated and she went all out to go to the next level. He gladly took what she offered and then..........nothing. Text messages are unanswered and he doesn' answer his phone. She is pissed and claims that all men are jerks. Gets lots of support on this and other forums.

4. He is attractive and sweeps her off her feet. Her life becomes a series of magnificant experiences as he ravishes her and impresses the socks off her girlfriends. Since not all women post on these sites, its just assumed by women who do that everyone else has found such a man.

[Forthe guys] Did I say that there are 4 types of men? I lied! #4 is a fictional character in a Harlequin romance or in a chick flick.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:30 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Why didn't Clark Gable rape Scarlett O'Hara? Because he is Clark Gable.
Excuse me? Rape?

There are two sides to every story....

Old 09-17-2009, 06:31 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Yeah, that Scarlett was an animal in the sack too!!! Definately worth the effort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships