Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 10:06 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
A friend of mine was married to a gay man for 20 years. He finally told her he was gay on their 20th anniversary She said their sex life had always been great. He's now living with his boyfriend, and she's remarried.
Sounds like the fellow just got real lazy and wants to lean back on the head board and be serviced. Most woman find giving excellent head to a totally selfish hedonistic male a bit of a chore---Looks like hubby found someone who did not mind doing the work- hard to get good help these days as they say.

I doubt this guy was gay....sounds like all he wanted was a sex slave and it did not matter what sex it was. I bet you ten bucks that he is not the submissive one in the new relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 07:33 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
I've met gay men who were married to straight women, but I've never met the women from these arrangements.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:10 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I've met gay men who were married to straight women, but I've never met the women from these arrangements.
Ooh, ooh, I have! See my post about heartbreak.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:16 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
Ooh, ooh, I have! See my post about heartbreak.
Link?

I can't imagine what it's like. I would never do that to a straight man. (I'm lesbian.) If I lived during a time and in a place where gay people had to appear straight, I think I would at least try to find a gay man so we could have a mutually celibate marriage.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:28 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
I always found this interesting. Didn't you guys test drive the car before you bought it?
Many women are more interested in a guy with fashion sense than using their common sense.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:33 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Why do some woman like to party with gay men rather than straight men? That's a good question also. Some say it's "because they feel safe and they don't get harassed"

The woman that prefer gay company are slightly cowardly and don't want to bother with men that act like men. I don't have much respect for woman who don't like men- and I guess it is fitting that they hang out with men who don't like woman.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:58 PM

479 posts, read 835,620 times
Women and gay men have a lot in common.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:02 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Why do some woman like to party with gay men rather than straight men? That's a good question also. Some say it's "because they feel safe and they don't get harassed"

The woman that prefer gay company are slightly cowardly and don't want to bother with men that act like men. I don't have much respect for woman who don't like men- and I guess it is fitting that they hang out with men who don't like woman.
What???

I love men - both gay and straight. Just because I like hanging out with gay men doesn't mean I don't like men. And just because a guy is gay doesn't mean he doesn't like women - he's just not attracted to them.

As for women marrying gay men - sometimes they know, sometimes they don't. Sometimes it's for a reason like insurance or a green card - sometimes they are in love and their husbands are in the closet. Life isn't as easy as it should be in many respects.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:03 PM

479 posts, read 835,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
What???

I love men - both gay and straight. Just because I like hanging out with gay men doesn't mean I don't like men. And just because a guy is gay doesn't mean he doesn't like women - he's just not attracted to them.

As for women marrying gay men - sometimes they know, sometimes they don't. Sometimes it's for a reason like insurance or a green card - sometimes they are in love and their husbands are in the closet. Life isn't as easy as it should be in many respects.
I rest my case.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:35 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,646 times
IT HAPPENS a lot matter of fact this occurred frequently especially during the 60’s and 70’s and even early 80’s. Homosexuality was not accepted and coming out was less than popular.
So homosexual married men would hide their sexuality, go out of their way to be as Hetero as possible and one way to seal the deal was to marry and have children.
A lot of “married men” would still have trysts on the side of course very discreetly however their superficial life carried on as normal and their spouses had no clue.
Then there are some men that have been raised in very religious and very anti-gay homes and they have fought their inner urges and go out of their way to be as “manly” as they can, have g/f’s and eventually marry.

I believe the initial query was how can this get by women?
It is not difficult, I think of it as some people have secrets and they go above and beyond to cover this up so no one catches on. It is only when the façade gets over whelming or the person can no longer deny whom they are.
I am by no means making a comparison however how is that women can be married to pedophiles and they are the last to know? How is it that a person can be married to a seril killer and never know until the individual is caught?
As with anything it is almost hindsight 20/20..one does not piece together any indicators or red flags until the truth I revealed.
I think I have stated before that one of my dearest friends is a lesbian yet all throughout school she was “interested” in boys, dated boys, had long term relationships, had sex with men.
It was not until her late 20’s that she decided to come out when she fell in love with her spouse ( she is now deceased)
She was very open with me when I asked a million questions one which was “How did you date guys? If you like women? You had sex with them!” She stated very earnestly that while she had sex with men she always knew something was missing, while semi enjoyable she always knew she wanted something else. She stated she held an unnatural obsession with Janet Jackson yet she felt it was more for her superstar status, lol. And partly because she was the only daughter and she did not want to disappoint her parents in not being able to give them the traditional catholic wedding, the grandkids, the man and wife deal but she could no longer hold back who she was.
BTW none of the guys suspected!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships