Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 09:04 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,415,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomobdguz View Post
when someone represents themselves to be something their not, i.e. a christian, that is bad. But there are some real weiners out there, I am sure there are some good guys as well. I went to warrant court today, had pictures, evidence of prior assault, and abuse, man had been married almost a dozen times... and he walked... free.
Anyone want to be an abusive man and get away with it, come to Statesboro Ga and live outside the city limits. You'll have the sherriffs on your side, and may even be able to sit beside your attorney and make faces at your soon -to- be- ex while she tells the judge what you did.
Thing do not always show up on a background check, so make sure to check out the police reports and etc from the areas they've lived in.
tryin to be better not bitter...no more marriage for me.
I am so sorry to hear this. But, you wait, it's called karma & it's a real beetch. He'll get his, trust me. It may take awhile but it'll happen. Take time for yourself, be selfish for awhile, you've earned it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 06:15 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
I have never been in a relationship with anyone, but I almost came close. There was this woman I liked. It seemed like we clicked from the start. We were always hanging out. When I found out she was going to study abroad the next year, it nearly put me into a depression. I couldn't go because of lack of money. What scared me was her going away and finding a boyfriend halfway across the world. I decided I wanted to spend as much time with her as possible. I never told her I wanted to be her boyfriend. I didn't tell her because I didn't want her to tell me I wasn't her type. I am the type of person who has been told no so much that I don't even want to hear it anymore. I just don't even ask anymore. After a few months, she began to not want to be around me as much. She seemed to gravitate towards my other friends more. I confronted her about it one day because it was hurting me alot. I was told that I was being a "cling on" and that she needed her space and that weren't THAT great of friends. I was so disturbed and didn't talk to her for a few weeks. One day I had a melt down in front of a few people. I basically yelled and made some stupid comments behind her back. After that me and her have not seen each other since. Right now I don't even know where she is right now. For about a year I was hurting from it. To this day I am still a bit damaged from it. I was never in a relationship, but I was heartbroken just the same. Some of my old friends, well, I haven't talk to them in a while either. A big part of me knows I will never have a romantic relationship with her. At the same time, I have become so damaged that I am quick to mistrust someone. Part of me wonders how it would have been if I had the guts to say what I felt inside. I will never know. I don't see her and I don't know how she is or what she might be doing. I just know that I have become more socially awkward than I have ever been. Maybe I am a bit clingy. I can't help it. I am young(23), but I am a bit skeptical of others these days. Right now I think about trying to find a girlfriend. It isn't so much about getting over the woman, but more, recovering from the situation. Sometimes I don't hang out with other people or contact them as much as I normally would because I am afraid of coming off as "clingy".

Old 11-01-2009, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,926 times
Default Tranny loving husband makes for bitter ending

Everytime I tried to confront my husband about the things he's done he's turned into this man with the coldest eyes. At first he was very attentive and appeared protective during our dating time...The red flags went up but I didn't understand them. I was young without experience with people like him. I thought since I loved him I needed to be there for him. I should have ran and never looked back. It's been almost a 1 1/2 years and I'm trying to get through my divorce while trying to keep my head above water. The man is a leach and pschopath. He named our dead first child after his secret female lover he had for the entire 17 years we were together. My 2nd daughter has her older sister's name as her middle in memory of her. Then he cheated on me with a transsexual saying it was nothing just to find out that he had been having a thing for that sort of thing for most of our marriage. Now he's been playing victim because I left him to find my own happiness. I've given him our $1.85 million house to get the hell away from him and he acts as if the alimony and child support I'm asking for is a gift. Now he calls me a ***** in front of my girls and tells my neighbors to call the police if I show up at the house I gave him. Believe me. I wonder if I'll turn out to be one of those miserable women who are so bitter because they were taken for granted and used by the man who lied to them so many times with a straight face and no remorse. He's so bent on keeping himself in the closet that he tries to make me pay for giving up his cover. Secret email accounts, alias, false business meetings, foreign prostitutes while on govt travel...My life sounds like a book.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:22 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,415,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGivingTree View Post
Everytime I tried to confront my husband about the things he's done he's turned into this man with the coldest eyes. At first he was very attentive and appeared protective during our dating time...The red flags went up but I didn't understand them. I was young without experience with people like him. I thought since I loved him I needed to be there for him. I should have ran and never looked back. It's been almost a 1 1/2 years and I'm trying to get through my divorce while trying to keep my head above water. The man is a leach and pschopath. He named our dead first child after his secret female lover he had for the entire 17 years we were together. My 2nd daughter has her older sister's name as her middle in memory of her. Then he cheated on me with a transsexual saying it was nothing just to find out that he had been having a thing for that sort of thing for most of our marriage. Now he's been playing victim because I left him to find my own happiness. I've given him our $1.85 million house to get the hell away from him and he acts as if the alimony and child support I'm asking for is a gift. Now he calls me a ***** in front of my girls and tells my neighbors to call the police if I show up at the house I gave him. Believe me. I wonder if I'll turn out to be one of those miserable women who are so bitter because they were taken for granted and used by the man who lied to them so many times with a straight face and no remorse. He's so bent on keeping himself in the closet that he tries to make me pay for giving up his cover. Secret email accounts, alias, false business meetings, foreign prostitutes while on govt travel...My life sounds like a book.
Wow, this is just crazy! Be thankful you got away from this wacko. I know I thank God everytime I think of my ex, that the relationship went south. Now, the woman he's married to has to live a life of deciet while he tries to make up his mind whether he likes girls or boys, no thanks! I'm happy I'm free

Old 11-02-2009, 09:30 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Yes, I'm still paying for it 15 years later..(broken heart)

Old 11-02-2009, 10:38 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times
Absolutely.

I had an 8-year relationship end when I realized not only did my ex not love me anymore, but he already had another girlfriend behind my back for the past 2 years and was promising both of us he'd marry us. I felt like my entire world had come crashing down. And even then I tried to move on dating and the like, it took me nearly 2-3 years to truly get past that pain.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:38 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
I don't think it damaged me it simply made me value being single. I never really spent more than a few months with anyone for a good 13 years after. I do have a good memory. The loss of freedom is bad enough with a good person but with a bad person or a mediocre person its not worth it.
In that relationship I had between 18-21 I don't remember the orgasms, but I do remember hearing a phone ring and knowing that I didn't have to answer it. I still feel swamped with endorphins every time I think about it.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:47 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Yes, I'm still paying for it 15 years later..(broken heart)
Sorry to hear that! Love hurts sometimes.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:17 AM

2 posts, read 3,144 times
'...we all have the power to make our futures wonderful.' I'll drink to that!

Old 10-16-2010, 04:19 AM

2 posts, read 3,144 times
I hate the 'let's just be friends' talk. I loved that lady with all I have...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships