Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 06:46 AM

8,913 posts, read 20,314,101 times

Advertisements

Gee, must we talk this way in the Forums? Definitely inappropriate to me! No, I'm not a so-called "religious freak", but why on earth does this kind of language get tolerated in the Forums? Then again, if this is the way this person talks and NO ONE wants to say anything about it, except for myself, than I guess it must be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
FIVE months? Jesus Christ. You're not thinking clearly. The reasons why you're moving sounds more like convenience for YOU and not companionship. You dont GET your boyfriend to take it to the next level. It's supposed to happen naturally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 06:53 AM

I have found out that there are a LOT of people today that don't want marriage........period! As for me (and wife), we love being married, but we are an older couple also (60-61).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Why do you choose to live with men and not seek marriage first? Are you afraid of marriage? Do you feel loosing your status as a single woman will destroy your identity? It just seems you are trying to wade into a relationship like stepping into a pool which you are unsure how cold or warm it is.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:54 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,848,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
As the other person said, love is blind. If you want someone badly enough, you will find a way to cherish everything about them that made them in to the person you love.
Yeah dreamers delight.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:42 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,890,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Yeah dreamers delight.
I'm thinking that wasn't meant as a compliment.

A lot of people have a past. He just happens to have two children. I can understand you not wanting to date someone that has children, but that doesn't mean everyone should be that way.
Don't you think someone who's had DUI's or a criminal background can cause serious problems in a relationship? My best friend is from overseas, she came off of a cruise ship here, and married her husband. She had absolutely no idea that him having DUI's meant he wouldn't be able to have a license for years or how much extra work it would be for her when they had a daughter. That accompanied by him being really poor at managing finances, they ended up getting their van reposessed ruining both of their credit.

There are a lot worse thing than having two wonderful children. The fact that he loves them and takes responsiblity, and doesn't want to rush in to living with her, speak loads about his character, IMHO of course.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:47 AM

914 posts, read 1,804,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Gee, must we talk this way in the Forums? Definitely inappropriate to me! No, I'm not a so-called "religious freak", but why on earth does this kind of language get tolerated in the Forums? Then again, if this is the way this person talks and NO ONE wants to say anything about it, except for myself, than I guess it must be fine.

I'll remember to say "good golly miss molly", next time.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:23 AM

That's cool! It's just that I SEE and HEAR so much swearing done nowadays! Heck, I even done a Thread about this in the Religion Forum just to see what would be said about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
I'll remember to say "good golly miss molly", next time.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:25 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,495,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
I'm thinking that wasn't meant as a compliment.

A lot of people have a past. He just happens to have two children. I can understand you not wanting to date someone that has children, but that doesn't mean everyone should be that way.
Don't you think someone who's had DUI's or a criminal background can cause serious problems in a relationship? My best friend is from overseas, she came off of a cruise ship here, and married her husband. She had absolutely no idea that him having DUI's meant he wouldn't be able to have a license for years or how much extra work it would be for her when they had a daughter. That accompanied by him being really poor at managing finances, they ended up getting their van reposessed ruining both of their credit.

There are a lot worse thing than having two wonderful children. The fact that he loves them and takes responsiblity, and doesn't want to rush in to living with her, speak loads about his character, IMHO of course.
Yeah, but two different children from two different mothers is somewhat of a red flag, which she will probably ignore.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:25 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,793,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Yeah, but two different children from two different mothers is somewhat of a red flag, which she will probably ignore.
And it's not a carnival... no matter how much you llllllooooovvvvveeee him!

Disaster.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:28 PM

914 posts, read 1,804,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
That's cool! It's just that I SEE and HEAR so much swearing done nowadays! Heck, I even done a Thread about this in the Religion Forum just to see what would be said about it.

I'm very vulgar

Old 09-22-2009, 02:42 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,890,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I actually agree with you on that one, because there are no doubt other red flags about him that she hasn't mentioned. The fact that she's practically trying to force her way through the door, doesn't say much about her own character either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships