Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 12:31 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,894,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post

I don't think it has anything to do with where you live, but more to do with how you live.
right, but some places make it easier for you to have a certain lifestyle that is conducive to meeting more people more often than other places, so i wouldnt discount the place where you live entirely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 01:22 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,874,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
right, but some places make it easier for you to have a certain lifestyle that is conducive to meeting more people more often than other places, so i wouldnt discount the place where you live entirely.
meeting more people doesn't automatically equate to better/more options.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:42 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,406,774 times
Quote:
I agree. I do think where you live does have some bearing on whether it is easy to meet ppl, ect. That said, if a person has a negative attitude, it won't matter where they live. I do find it somewhat difficult to meet quality ppl in SE Florida. People down here(not everyone) tend to be superficial. The girls tend to care mostly about a man's wallet and the guys seem to care mostly about the woman's physical appearance. I had a very good friend and roommate move because she felt she would never meet a quality guy here. She moved back to Philly and was married with kids in two yrs!

Old 09-21-2009, 02:01 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,558,592 times
Well, if only 1% of the people out there are "right" for you, and you live in a town of 500, I suppose it's possible that you could go through the entire 1% and find them wanting. But if you live, like I do, in a town of over 50 thousand people, I haven't even met 1% of the city's population yet.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:28 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,188,081 times
Funny when I was Traveling I could find a place to stay,party,date or whatever.I knew Guys would go up into the North East and have a heck of time finding a date.I went out with one Guy and I hate to say I was a Pig about it but had 3 women buying me drinks all night and I went home with them,he went to the room we had This was in Syracuse NY.Had a woman drive from Salida CO. to Dever CO. to go out.Had one pick me up in Ontario,CA. took me back to her place in LA for the weekend.

But I was always open mindede about things even if they was in Alanta Mohawk,Spiked,dyed Blue,Handcuffs and Leather

hillman

Old 09-21-2009, 09:58 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,878,923 times
Quote:
i'm in LA right now and trust me its definitely alot harder for guys to meet women than vice versa. all of my female friends, even the not-so-hot ones, have plenty of guys lined up for dates, whereas most or all of my guy friends, even the ones that many women would consider a "catch" (well to do, good looking, etc, etc) are lucky to get one date a month....
There could be something to this "home team" thing. I was born and raised here in LA and have never EVER had any problems finding dates. Im not implying that Im the most handsome guy in the world, but I just find it hard to believe that people claim to have such difficulty in finding dates here.

It could be how you carry yourself and how you take care of yourself. I think that if you have problems finding someone to date in a big city (especially here in L.A.) there MUST be something wrong with YOU. You must have no personality, no sense of style, you're fat, a smoker, halitosis, something that really would turn people off to you.

So whenever I hear someone say "Its so difficult to find date in Los Angeles" my first thoughts are always "you're fat so lose some weight" or "develop a personality".

Old 09-21-2009, 12:52 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,395,668 times
I agree with whoever said some places have more to do which leads to meeting more people. There isn't much to do in Tucson but I have the "home town advantage" here. I have a lot of friends I grew up with here, I manage to always find something to do which leads me to meeting people as well.

In LA, when I lived there..I couldn't relate to anyone until I went to the west side..it wasn't as Hollywood oriented there. I probably could have gotten dates if I didn't leave so soon, ha..but I hated that place anyways so I didn't care enough to try.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
There could be something to this "home team" thing. I was born and raised here in LA and have never EVER had any problems finding dates. Im not implying that Im the most handsome guy in the world, but I just find it hard to believe that people claim to have such difficulty in finding dates here.

It could be how you carry yourself and how you take care of yourself. I think that if you have problems finding someone to date in a big city (especially here in L.A.) there MUST be something wrong with YOU. You must have no personality, no sense of style, you're fat, a smoker, halitosis, something that really would turn people off to you.

So whenever I hear someone say "Its so difficult to find date in Los Angeles" my first thoughts are always "you're fat so lose some weight" or "develop a personality".
well, tell that to the tons of other dudes i've met that have great jobs, are funny, nice and are good looking too, but still have a tough time finding dates. as per your definition, they must all be losers

and for the record, i'm neither fat nor ugly, and do have a good job, but all and i mean ALL of the women that i end up liking are inevitably married or currently dating. i cant remember the last time i saw a chic i was genuinely attracted to that wasn't already dating or married. maybe i'm just ridiculously unlucky, lol. just this past weekend i was in hermosa beach and asked this really cute chic out, and she was like "sorry but i'm dating WAAY too many guys right now".

of course it doesnt help that im short and brown, but thats never something i've blamed for the non-existence of a healthy dating life for me. on the other hand, most of women i like tend to want the tall white surfer dude kinda guy...

Old 09-21-2009, 04:00 PM

30,873 posts, read 36,818,996 times
Quote:
of course it doesnt help that im short and brown, but thats never something i've blamed for the non-existence of a healthy dating life for me. on the other hand, most of women i like tend to want the tall white surfer dude kinda guy...
Mayber you're last statement says it all. Are you going for the same type of woman (physically or otherwise)? Do you always go for women who are "9's" or "10s" on your chemistry scale?

Maybe someone who is a 7 or 8 on your chemistry scale would actually be better for you in the long term.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post

Maybe someone who is a 7 or 8 on your chemistry scale would actually be better for you in the long term.
yes, sometimes i do go for women that are "out of my league" so to speak, but for the most part, the women i go for are average, 7s and 8s, and they're STILL taken (or lying to me abt it, lol)

so i dunno, **** luck i guess haha...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships