Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 09:55 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,855,208 times

Advertisements

My advice to you is find another young woman who will love you through and through. If she cursed, cheated and did a lot of other things to you, you do not need her. She seems to have a problem with relationships. Don't respond to her text or any other messages. Put her behind you and find the ones who truely loves you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 06:53 PM

7 posts, read 18,097 times
@ PassTheChocolate

You're right, my love was unconditional to a great degree, I mean I was ready to pass by many of her mistakes, and that must be it. This is where she felt she had the upper hand, I believe. Once I had fallen in love with her, this was reflected in my behaviors as well.

And yes I am considerably older than her (early 20s vs late 20s), and it's also true that she is a lot less mature than I am.

About counseling... I may have needed that soon after the break-up etc. But not anymore. Those things are not bothering me anymore. I understand the concern of you guys since it sounds like those things have just happened, but thats not the case. Just memories now... But I still cannot deny my feelings for her and if she calls me someday, I may not be strong enough to say no.

The reason I said "we practically lived together for a long time" was to emphasize that it was not a short term infatuation. It's gotta be more than this. You may be attracted to someone superficially but after getting to live with him/her together, so you get to see all the negative aspects of him/her as well, and you begin to question your feelings. So she had all those chances. If that were infatuation, she would distance herself way earlier. I tend to believe it's the distance that caused all this. Because I know she moves completely with her emotions, and one minute is different than another. Without my presence, her feelings changed... Although she probably did not have a REAL love for me, and I strongly suspect if she is capable of it yet (she may not be mature enough).

@Coolhand68
I am not sure those are the reasons but I can't deny that I enjoyed every bit of love making with her (not strictly sex), which was emotionally intense and fulfilling. And I also agree that she got the upper hand in the relationship (figuring out my unconditional love, if you will), took me for granted, and wanted to try better alternatives (could be better looking or physically available, more crazy, whatever)...

@Stac2007
"She seems to have a problem with relationships. Don't respond to her text or any other messages."

You are very right about that. Not only her, but her whole family historically had unstable problematic relationships. I do not want to interfere with her private life but It has a lot to do with genetics as well apparently. As you said, I am not responding her messages anymore...

You guys are good analysts

Old 09-21-2009, 07:00 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,855,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedaboutlife View Post
@ PassTheChocolate

You're right, my love was unconditional to a great degree, I mean I was ready to pass by many of her mistakes, and that must be it. This is where she felt she had the upper hand, I believe. Once I had fallen in love with her, this was reflected in my behaviors as well.

And yes I am considerably older than her (early 20s vs late 20s), and it's also true that she is a lot less mature than I am.

About counseling... I may have needed that soon after the break-up etc. But not anymore. Those things are not bothering me anymore. I understand the concern of you guys since it sounds like those things have just happened, but thats not the case. Just memories now... But I still cannot deny my feelings for her and if she calls me someday, I may not be strong enough to say no.

The reason I said "we practically lived together for a long time" was to emphasize that it was not a short term infatuation. It's gotta be more than this. You may be attracted to someone superficially but after getting to live with him/her together, so you get to see all the negative aspects of him/her as well, and you begin to question your feelings. So she had all those chances. If that were infatuation, she would distance herself way earlier. I tend to believe it's the distance that caused all this. Because I know she moves completely with her emotions, and one minute is different than another. Without my presence, her feelings changed... Although she probably did not have a REAL love for me, and I strongly suspect if she is capable of it yet (she may not be mature enough).

@Coolhand68
I am not sure those are the reasons but I can't deny that I enjoyed every bit of love making with her (not strictly sex), which was emotionally intense and fulfilling. And I also agree that she got the upper hand in the relationship (figuring out my unconditional love, if you will), took me for granted, and wanted to try better alternatives (could be better looking or physically available, more crazy, whatever)...

@Stac2007
"She seems to have a problem with relationships. Don't respond to her text or any other messages."

You are very right about that. Not only her, but her whole family historically had unstable problematic relationships. I do not want to interfere with her private life but It has a lot to do with genetics as well apparently. As you said, I am not responding her messages anymore...

You guys are good analysts
You are not confused. Your mind, body and soul just want to be loved without being hurt. They are acting on your behalf to save guard your good heart.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:09 PM

7 posts, read 18,097 times
@Stac2007
"Your mind, body and soul just want to be loved without being hurt...".

Oh boy, you are so right! I couldn't say it better!

Old 09-21-2009, 11:14 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,412,990 times
Bro, that just sounds like life to me.

You have a lot of good advice here, so I'd take it all to heart. You live, you learn, you move on.

So, let me tell ya a couple things..

First, you're never going to understand why things happened. You can analyze it to death and never get a single glimmer of understanding. It just is. All you can do is to learn from it.

Second, the past is the past - let it go. You had an amazing time with her, but, my friend, it's obvious that you two wern't meant to be together. If you were, you'd be with her now. Cherish the memories, but man, let it go.

Third, nobody can control love. When it happens, it happens. We can try to get ready for it, we can search for it, we can pray for it, but when all is said and done, it's totally unexpected but at the same time magical. Love found you once, and trust me, it will find you again.

And finally, this is your life, so live it. Quit worrying about being "unlucky in relationships", and just get on to living life. Go out, meet people, have fun. Your day will come, and she'll be amazing. I promise you that the love you felt for this girl will be nothing like what's just down the road.

Man, you'll be alright.. just have faith in yourself.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:17 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
My advice to you is find another young woman who will love you through and through. If she cursed, cheated and did a lot of other things to you, you do not need her. She seems to have a problem with relationships. Don't respond to her text or any other messages. Put her behind you and find the ones who truely loves you.
Sniff...sniff...that was beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships