Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2009, 04:15 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,421,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice18 View Post
I would just like to add to your thoughts with my opinion. I belive that since more women are screaming equal rights and trying to do the same thing as men, then this is why men don't feel they should get married. I mean, marriage use to be about a woman and a man standing by each other, loving each other unconditionally even through tough times and the woman would abide by her man and would not question his judgment; but now since women want to be the men, it's only natural for men to feel they shouldn't be in a realtionship because it will be a power struggle. It would be about who makes the most money, who doesn't make enough money, who will watch the kids, who doesn't have enough air to breathe and the list goes on and on. What women should realize is when something happens to them, now there will not be a man there to protect them because women put out the notion that, we can do it ourselfs and we don't need a man to depend on. So women should realize what they are saying because when they want that guy to hold the door for them, or to protect them, let's just put it like this, you can't have your cake and eat it to.
I think you're the one the OP was looking for.

Old 09-21-2009, 05:57 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
I find it peculiar that many women in this discussion have made it a point to throw out something along the lines of: "I don't NEED a man to buy anything for me, I make more money than he does anyway.. blah blah..."

I have a difficult time relating this recurring theme to the O.P.'s post.
This is happending due to accusations, nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
I'd agree. Women are brought up to think Career Career Career Career. Fine and dandy, but the problem comes when they put their family lives and opportunity to raise children aside to keep going w/the career. I would rather be single than marry that type of woman.
I wouldn't marry that type of man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
It took me awhile, but I found the info you referenced without a link. As I expected, it wasn't true.

More like, Redisca is an attorney, so she knows how to push her agenda regardless of truth.
You are right. It was greater than 50%. Well, that's all I could find when reviewing past posts. How did you come across the study? I wasn't able to find it.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:06 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
I'd agree. Women are brought up to think Career Career Career Career. Fine and dandy, but the problem comes when they put their family lives and opportunity to raise children aside to keep going w/the career.

I concur zz4guy. Today, the American family is broken (unless your family is wealthy) because women are out of the home. Because of this, children are being raised by daycare centers, nanny's, strangers, TV, and various bureaucratic institutions (school).

To be fair, over the decades, women in the U.S have been mentally reprogrammed through government movements to think about a career or obtaining a useless degrees vs for example, teaching young women how to cook like they did 40 years ago in high school so they can use there life energy to nurture there own family.

Also, women today are financially motivated more out of necessity then greed due to the fact that a mans dollar does not go as far as it use to; so she hast to work even if she does not want to. This is a crime! The U.S is the most wealthy nation on earth but yet the average married woman has no choice but to work in order to keep the family off the streets.

This was all planed, along with the process of de-industrialization of America which only makes the matters worse.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:08 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
I find it peculiar that many women in this discussion have made it a point to throw out something along the lines of: "I don't NEED a man to buy anything for me, I make more money than he does anyway.. blah blah..."

I have a difficult time relating this recurring theme to the O.P.'s post.

Well women who harbor those feeling tend to grow old, leave everything to their cats and go unnoticed by most men.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:11 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
I concur zz4guy. Today, the American family is broken (unless your family is wealthy) because women are out of the home. Because of this, children are being raised by daycare centers, nanny's, strangers, TV, and various bureaucratic institutions (school).

To be fair, over the decades, women in the U.S have been mentally reprogrammed through government movements to think about a career or obtaining a useless degrees vs for example, teaching young women how to cook like they did 40 years ago in high school so they can use there life energy to nurture there own family.

Also, women today are financially motivated more out of necessity then greed due to the fact that a mans dollar does not go as far as it use to; so she hast to work even if she does not want to. This is a crime! The U.S is the most wealthy nation on earth but yet the average married woman has no choice but to work in order to keep the family off the streets.

This was all planed, along with the process of de-industrialization of America which only makes the matters worse.
Excellent post

Old 09-21-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Well women who harbor those feeling tend to grow old, leave everything to their cats and go unnoticed by most men.
Since s/he's noting specific members, which ones do you have in mind? I brought it up, can't remember who else did, tho.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post

I think most people would choose not to work if they had the choice. Although, from what I understand, both genders have always had to work. We had a short spurt in American history where that wasn't the case, but it's not surprising it didn't last. With that said, I also hope our society continues on the road of gaining acceptance and tolerance for SAHDs.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:22 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Since s/he's noting specific members, which ones do you have in mind? I brought it up, can't remember who else did, tho.
I was speaking in general terms. I really don't spend too much time remembering names unless someone steps on my foot or rubs it for me.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:26 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I wouldn't marry that type of man.
You'd ditch the kids for the money. That's nice.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
You'd ditch the kids for the money. That's nice.
I would not marry a man that prioritizes his career over his family. How you translate that into ditching anybody for cash is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships