Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2009, 09:02 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times

Advertisements

Man: "now that we're married, I can get all the sex I want!"

Woman: "now that we're married, I never have to have sex again!"

Just a joke, really, but probably has some basis in reality for some people.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:05 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It's here...
http://www.census.gov/prod/2007pubs/p60-234.pdf

I'm just looking at the numbers.
- For women, average support due ~5500/yr
average support received ~3660/yr

- For men, average support due ~4900/yr
average support received ~ 3500/yr

Again, I realize averages aren't ideal. Median would be better, but I'm not finding that information.

You tell me. Provide the links. What assets do the majority of these men have prior to the marriage that is raped post divorce? I really have no idea.

Again, if you're going to make the charge, supply the data.

Redisca, in some other thread, showed with evidence that men who actually want custody get it 90% of the time. The reality is that most men don't want it. If they file for it, it's usually as a barganing tool that's later dropped once they get what they're really after (I'm assuming assets).

I can't trust anything the government states in any of their URL's - in fact what a waste of taxpayer $$$ for BS. I hear REAL people and not garbage stats that the government is trying to portray marriage as a great thing and not the harsh reality.

Just like the unemployment figures from the government are totally off to what it really is.

I don't have links, I have word of mouth from Men and females to my ringing ears when it comes to this. All I know is that many of these Men have worked very hard to get pretty much whatever she wanted, then she drops the ball and even as one Man told me that she told him "I used you to get what I wanted" while he depleted his life savings for "cupcake".

I don't know where Redisca gets her numbers, but in NJ being a female means getting whatever she wants pretty much and Men have practically no rights.

I'm going to go to bed because I need to get up by 4am. Nighty night.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:07 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Obsessed? lol! Enslaved to females? LOL!!!! That made me laugh!
It's true. Come on. I'm sure a majority of your posts involve the issues you take with women.

Quote:
I sincerely hope your marriage is a happy one that lasts a lifetime......feminist.
You don't hope anything for me. Again, come on lol. My marriage will last because I didn't marry a nincompoop.

Quote:
Oh Okay I admit it I'm obsessed in living a MGTOW life and telling other Men about it.
Telling select men that are willing to listen to you. The types that shouldn't be breeding.

Quote:
I wished that the reality was the what you say - but that's not what I hear out there.

A Man that has to work 2 - 3 jobs while she puts in a request for even more $$$/month after she's already getting over $1K/month per child (she has 2) and he's living back at home with his parents because he cannot afford any other living arrangement. This is only one of MANY I've heard with my own ears.

So this reality is in my face in a matter of speaking.
Here is a mortgage calculator for NJ.
New Jersey Child Support Calculator - AllLaw.com

Correct my calculations if they're off. To be paying 1k/mo for one child, with mom working a crappy job, a guy would have to net ~6500/mo. This translates roughly at 100k/yr considering 28% tax rate. A man paying 2k/mo for child support is well into the six figures. He's living at home?

Old 09-20-2009, 09:11 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,449,299 times
njguy, your movement is not a novel concept. It used to be called "a life-long bachelor" in older times. Nothing wrong with life-long bachelors, as well as life-long single women. People are different. But, the majority of men will want a relationship, just like the majority of women. When there are children in a relationship, there could be, proportionally, custody and financial problems, no doubt, - marriage or not. But would it stop the humanity from yearning for relationships? Don't think so. Taking it upon yourself to "liberate" the men and to steer them away from females and procreation - that's a Biblical task, - and opposite in spirit from humanity at that.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't doubt there are some cases. It's not the norm and many here are speaking in generalizations so the norm has to be factored. A lot of women do not receive support. For the one's that do, it's short money. My dad wasn't an SOB like thursday's, but he certainly didn't pay child support. And of the men I know who have, it was 300/mo and 500/mo. The one paying 500/mo was making close to 6 figures. Again, short money. njguy is talking like most men have loads of cash that's be stolen by the mom when the reality is most men don't make that much to begin with. 3-500/mo does not cover the expenses for the child let alone the expenses for the mother. It's ludicrous of him to suggest that this is the norm.
let me esplain you this is up front personal friend. talking about mugging is meaningless unless it has happened to you.
likewise divorce. i didnt do anything wrong---- do you understand--- my divorced guy friends didnt do anything wrong, either complete neglect (im trying to be nice about this) and monster debting which we had to pay or both.
i am talking about cleaning toilets at night for 3 1/2 years plus a high stress hostile day job to pay off the settlement. i am not going to forget this easily.
i was good to her and her family, no cheating no beating none of that. please stop sugar coating divorce for us. too many men have been wounded like this. your comments of guys never had anything to lose is not true---- friend have you ever had to pay cash $111,000 have you ever done that in your life?

Old 09-20-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
I can't trust anything the government states in any of their URL's - in fact what a waste of taxpayer $$$ for BS. I hear REAL people and not garbage stats that the government is trying to portray marriage as a great thing and not the harsh reality.
Based on my calculations above, you're hearing an earful alright. Can't say I'm surprised, tho. And you're a CT'er to boot.

Quote:
I don't know where Redisca gets her numbers, but in NJ being a female means getting whatever she wants pretty much and Men have practically no rights.
Redisca is an attorney, so she's aware of what's going on. I'm from NJ and I'm saying you're wrong.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:14 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
What a crock.

Did you know that most men stay in a marriage until the kids turn 18 and then bail, thus springing the suprise he's had a plan with after all those years and years she invested and he never says squat for 10 years,

"Most men?"

That sounds like a crock to me.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:15 PM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Man: "now that we're married, I can get all the sex I want!"

Woman: "now that we're married, I never have to have sex again!"

Just a joke, really, but probably has some basis in reality for some people.
Not a funny joke at all.

It does happen.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
let me esplain you this is up front personal friend. talking about mugging is meaningless unless it has happened to you.
likewise divorce. i didnt do anything wrong---- do you understand--- my divorced guy friends didnt do anything wrong, either complete neglect (im trying to be nice about this) and monster debting which we had to pay or both.
i am talking about cleaning toilets at night for 3 1/2 years plus a high stress hostile day job to pay off the settlement. i am not going to forget this easily.
I know just as many divorced people as you do. My family, friends, and men I have dated.

Quote:
i was good to her no cheating no beating none of that. please stop sugar coating divorce for us. too many men have been wounded like this. your comments of guys never had anything to lose is not true---- friend have you ever had to pay cash $111,000 have you ever done that in your life?
This translates to me as you getting the house and having to pay half for it?

Old 09-20-2009, 09:16 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
"Most men?"

That sounds like a crock to me.
Allow me to clarify my mis-statement. Most men of divorce with children, who initiate divorce. Not a crock an actual statistic. Am I the only one who reads around here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships