Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 04:28 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,034,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
My question is why exactly does the human nature work that way-The forbidden fruit is often that much more appealing.

Well, part of the reason people chase "forbidden fruit" is because they FIRST view some sort of fantasy in there mind, and as we all know; everything works out perfectly in a fantasy.

So what happens is; once the pleasurable fantasy is viewed, literally various feel good chemicals are released into blood which only increases your desire to act on that specific fantasy.

Last edited by Morphous01; 09-21-2009 at 04:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 04:31 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,989,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfrodo View Post
Is she any more appealing to you because she's your friends wife than she would be if she were single and letting you know she's available??? I don't think so. Unless you're OJ you're feeling pangs of guilt. Be honorable.
Guilt? I highly doubt that. Usually, when people do this, they really just want to talk about what's fascinating them--got their attention--and it's all they can do to keep from saying things they're dying to say so they hold back. A bit of arm-chair (but true) psychology for ya.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:33 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,054,405 times
The grass is always greener? Maybe a person thinks someone else (another woman's husband or wife) will fulfill something they do not have in their own relationship?

The trouble is, people are biological beings. However, unlike animals, we have reason and can stop ourselves from 'fornicating' with just anyone even if our bodies say do it...

Old 09-21-2009, 04:41 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,093,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
So what happens is; once the fantasy is viewed, literally various chemicals are released into blood to help you physically act on something that was not even real in the first place.
Absolutely (out of reps)! I'm one of the unfortunate souls who have personal experience with that.

Old 09-21-2009, 05:02 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,034,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Absolutely (out of reps)! I'm one of the unfortunate souls who have personal experience with that.

Oh, me too sierra, I'm in the same boat:

Hmmm, I bought Air Jordans thinking they would make me a better basketball player, I thought if I got my Ford Mustang I would forever be happy, I thought if I bought designer clothes people would respect me, I thought anybody who called themselves a friend were actually real. lol, I was just dealing in fantasy while people just took my money.

But one thing that I always knew was not real was the American Dream. I knew that was not real.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:17 PM

37,543 posts, read 45,880,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Well, part of the reason people chase "forbidden fruit" is because they FIRST view some sort of fantasy in there mind, and as we all know; everything works out perfectly in a fantasy.

So what happens is; once the pleasurable fantasy is viewed, literally various feel good chemicals are released into blood which only increases your desire to act on that specific fantasy.
Exactly. It's no big mystery. People want what they don't have because until they have it, they don't KNOW that it isn't the be-all end-all they think it is.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:35 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,414,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfrodo View Post
Is she any more appealing to you because she's your friends wife than she would be if she were single and letting you know she's available??? I don't think so. Unless you're OJ you're feeling pangs of guilt. Be honorable.
Don't worry I'm not going there

Old 09-21-2009, 11:48 PM

9,358 posts, read 11,113,869 times
Quote:
The forbidden fruit is that much more appealing. Not talking about anything Illegal! in my case a friends wife
But lets not go there (and neither will I!).

My question is why exactly does the human nature work that way-The forbidden fruit is often that much more appealing.
For the record after completing a personality test I'm in 4% of the worlds population as an instristic interpreter, often wanting to know the deep reasons behind things.
1. Have you ever heard the song, "The Grass Is Always Greener In The Other Fella's Yard"?
2. Humans by nature and design are insane.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:05 AM

Some good responses in this thread, thanks y'all

Old 09-22-2009, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Don't worry I'm not going there
While I won't go there, I can't help it if I have erotic dreams about her! been happening abit lately and wake up with an enlarged certain body part (but that happens alot anyway, gotta love sleep)

Last edited by dave nz; 09-22-2009 at 05:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships