Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 10:31 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't understand why ANYONE would want to own a home.
I can't and never have understood why anyone would rent a house from someone for twenty years and pay for that house for the owner. And I'm a landlord that rents a house out..and yes the renters paid for if for me in FULL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 10:31 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,506 times
A 30 year old guy in a big city, with lots of personal and career activity- nothing wrong with not having a house.
A 30 year old guy that spends all his free time watching sports on tv and has no house = loser.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:43 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
There's A LOT more out there that know what I say is true too = MUCH greater numbers than one may think.

My post is innovative or original to this thread.

Drama is something a good percentage of females provide in abundance, I just comment or respond about it.
LOL. Yeah, you just comment and respond. So do the rest of us. But some try to find something new and different with substance to contribute from time to time.

There are plenty of women like that, yes. The extreme. There are also plenty like you, the extreme. Much greater numbers than one may think? Perhaps. I don't make it my life's ambition to keep count or seek them out. Perhaps you do? Does this mean you have some inside scoop the rest of us don't? Are you a statistician? Or have you dated the "large percentage" or "many" women you speak of? You must have been busy.

Hate to break it to ya, but Huck also has the same views you do, and he expresses them just as spastically, along with several others. So no, it is not even innovative or original to this thread. Nor will it be to the next one, or the one after that. Sorry, kid. You'll have to find another topic to qualify you as the great, enlightened one.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:59 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
LOL. Yeah, you just comment and respond. So do the rest of us. But some try to find something new and different with substance to contribute from time to time.

There are plenty of women like that, yes. The extreme. There are also plenty like you, the extreme. Much greater numbers than one may think? Perhaps. I don't make it my life's ambition to keep count or seek them out. Perhaps you do? Does this mean you have some inside scoop the rest of us don't? Are you a statistician? Or have you dated the "large percentage" or "many" women you speak of? You must have been busy.

Hate to break it to ya, but Huck also has the same views you do, and he expresses them just as spastically, along with several others. So no, it is not even innovative or original to this thread. Nor will it be to the next one, or the one after that. Sorry, kid. You'll have to find another topic to qualify you as the great, enlightened one.
Well the same goes vice-versa of a good percentage of the female posters.

Like it or not it goes and works both ways.

No need for you to complain when it's already heavily lopsided with female posts and posters by a very good margin.

You don't need to read my posts either but know enough people do appreciate them.

There's only so many subjects and things to talk about and if one has to come up with an original thought, everyone may as just stop posting here and close up C-D.

You may get bored too easily (I don't know) and get "irritated" when you don't like a particular post(s) and that's your business, but don't expect to mold posters to post "new exciting things" to satisfy your eyes - it won't happen.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:00 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Whether or not buying a house means owning it is completely irrelevant in this thread.
I guess that all depends on what you think this thread is about.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:05 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
TVSG, the world is not out to get you. Just us.

Why do you have to over analyze every single thing a girl says to you? You act like every comment, every wrong breath of air, every flinch is a personal insult to you. THEY'RE NOT CONSPIRING AGAINST YOU. DennyCrane is right. GROW UP.

Do you think a girl wants a guy who nit-picks every statement she makes for the rest of her ENTIRE LIFE?! Personally, that is one of my #1 turn-offs--a guy being so INSANELY INTENSE about something so ridiculiously meaningless.
It shows an incredible lack of self-esteem on the part of TVSG. He's also a hypocrite. I recall a thread where he tore into a woman he was chatting with for not immediately disclosing that she had kids. There's a stunning self-centeredness at work here. He's on the defensive about every question someone asks him but also expects others to be completely forthcoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Anyways, I don't date 30 year olds but I don't think it is an unreasonable question. I wouldn't ask if they own a home (people who own homes lose them everyday due to irresponsibility). But I won't ignore lack of accomplishment and stability. I would be more impressed by someone with a modest home, even a rented one, with money saved and a financial plan for the future. Even if he lost a ton over the last year or two, and many people I know have, the fact that he thinks ahead and is responsible with his money is more important. If he owns home and does both, even better.
The question itself is not unreasonable. What matters more is how it's asked and whether something is implied. When people learn that I'm still renting, they immediately ask why. If I were in their place, I would be wondering the same thing too. But as long as the question is asked in a polite way, without implying that I must be financially irresponsible for not owning a home, then I have no issue with it being asked. Some people, like the OP, are just overly sensitive. I remember meeting a girl who went to the same college as me, only she didn't finish. When I asked her why, she got pretty upset cause she thought I was implying that she was a lousy student and a failure. I wasn't. People don't finish school for all sorts of reasons (lack of funds, illness, kids, deciding it's not worth it, etc.) and I was just curious to know what happened with her. The OP suffers from major self-esteem issues because he infers the worst in every question. I can only imagine how he would react if a woman ever asked how many serious relationships he's been in. Who'd want to date a guy who bites their head off every time they ask a fair question?

Old 09-24-2009, 11:07 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Ok, i thought that as long as you didn't live in your mom's basement and was on your own that was fine. So living in a apartment is not acceptable in your 30's??_lol Are you kiddin me???

I have had 2 different woman ask me when do I plan to buy a house?? Or why am I not already in a house??

Ok everybody, I'm done, it's clear that I don't qualify for a relationship because women want you now in this SHAKY economy to have a HOUSE???

I mean Come on!

Could possibly be my age, but I'd prefer a loft in Boston in the Financial District.

I think if I ever got to meet you, i'd think of really stupid reasons to not get to know you either. You know, like, your arm hairs are too short. Go post a thread about that.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:11 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,422,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
It shows an incredible lack of self-esteem on the part of TVSG. He's also a hypocrite. I recall a thread where he tore into a woman he was chatting with for not immediately disclosing that she had kids. There's a stunning self-centeredness at work here. He's on the defensive about every question someone asks him but also expects others to be completely forthcoming.

The question itself is not unreasonable. What matters more is how it's asked and whether something is implied. When people learn that I'm still renting, they immediately ask why. If I were in their place, I would be wondering the same thing too. But as long as the question is asked in a polite way, without implying that I must be financially irresponsible for not owning a home, then I have no issue with it being asked. Some people, like the OP, are just overly sensitive. I remember meeting a girl who went to the same college as me, only she didn't finish. When I asked her why, she got pretty upset cause she thought I was implying that she was a lousy student and a failure. I wasn't. People don't finish school for all sorts of reasons (lack of funds, illness, kids, deciding it's not worth it, etc.) and I was just curious to know what happened with her. The OP suffers from major self-esteem issues because he infers the worst in every question. I can only imagine how he would react if a woman ever asked how many serious relationships he's been in. Who'd want to date a guy who bites their head off every time they ask a fair question?
There are some people out there who have legitimate and completely justified reasons for not owning a house. In DennyCrane's case, he has a million other things going for him that if someone were to look down on him for whatever reason for not owning a house, he'd have a bunch other good qualities to make up for it. In the OP's case, he has nothing else going for him. At all.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:12 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
Could possibly be my age, but I'd prefer a loft in Boston in the Financial District.
How much $$$ would that cost?

Is winning the Cash Windfall lottery enough?

Old 09-24-2009, 11:14 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
How much $$$ would that cost?

Is winning the Cash Windfall lottery enough?

Lofts there are about 3K a month, and it depends on how much money you won, after taxes, and if you like to drink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships