Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 01:58 PM

21,837 posts, read 18,998,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Marnix View Post
At least she took the time to look at your stuff, and it's obvious she has a life of her own to do stuff with.

Having a switch-less, unscrewed bulb in the hallway is just ghetto.
I would find it inconvenient to toggle the on/off a light by unscrewing the bulb.
i love this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 02:08 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,401,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I think I will try that licking the finger thing. That might fix everything.
When I was about 6-7 years old the overhead bulb in my bedroom blew out and I asked my much older brother if he could please fix it.

"You're old now enough to do it yourself," he said, "Just stand on the bed, reach up, twist out the old bulb and I'll hand you the new one to put in."

I took out the old bulb, feeling quite proud of myself and then, as he handed me the new one, asked, "How do I know if the current's on or off?"

"Just put your finger up the hole," he said.

I did. Needless to say the current was on, I got thrown backwards onto the bed, he thought it was the funniest thing ever and I never forgave him and still haven't almost five decades later. Older brothers can be so brutal.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:19 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,525,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Yeah, I know, I should read into her mind and figure out that she doesn't like the light without a switch but that wasn't my fault. I didn't buy the light.
Glad I could help. I am fluent in Femalese, so let me know if you need any translation in the future.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:30 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,099,716 times
You've already thought about it too much. Women are irrational and utter irrational things. The end. Enjoy your camper.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:30 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,415,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Electricity is on 24 hours a day...the real question is it in USe .
You beat me to it Thursday. Unless you have a power failure the electricity is always on. If you have a light with no off switch, put in a switch. Are you guys screwing a bulb in and out everytime you need light?

Edited: Ok I read the rest of the posts and am up to speed now. You can get a remote control from the hardware store that comes with a plug in. The remote works the plug. I have one for a couple of lighted ocean pictures on my wall. If she likes that lamp so well get her one of these.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:42 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,941,254 times
I think you're getting bored with your marital squabbles and want something more....substantial...to squabble about.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:41 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,004,421 times
It had a light with a switch under the light. However, she bought a different lamp that was more decorative for that small hallway. I had to install it just for the looks. It's a small light bulb. The lamp has a 5" shade on it to give you an idea. I wasn't going to knock a hole in the wall to make a switch running the wires up and down the wall for this little lamp. She should have got one with a switch. No one ever uses this lamp. Ever! It's just a decorative lamp.

This was the information we needed at the beginning. It is all so clear now.

Your only solution is to break the lamp. Like in "A Christmas Story", where the mom knocks over the leg lamp. (It's a major award!). It is lamps like this that have brought us to this economic crisis.

Now, your resourcefulness in getting a CAMPER for free? I appreciate that, even though I am a woman who prefers a tidy bed to a smelly camper. But if she paid more for a lamp with no switch than you did for a camper, well...

Old 09-24-2009, 08:20 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,865,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
A tad confusing but I think I got this one. First I don't get why she would want to replace the hall light with an old rusty light. You can buy a brand new light for fairly cheap that would at least have a pull chain..no?

I do not believe that if you unscrew the light bulb in a light fixture that this fixture is producing any electricity but then we could both be wrong. Households have a lot of appliances producing electricity that we don't think about...the clocks on electric stoves, the coffee maker that never gets unplugged, the microwave with the time showing up or if not the time those little red vampire dots where the time should be...how appropriate..vampire dots sucking up electricity.

I can go one better than your story with your wife. I had this conversation with the hubs recently:

The hubs:
"All the clocks are off kilter a little because the power was out for a while last night"

Me:
"Well now that would be quite a feat seeing that all the clocks are battery operated" "If you would like to run amuck resetting them, knock yourself out"

Hubs:
"Very funny" (Walks away all indignant)

Do you think we should get your wife and my husband on the same electrical wave length of thought when it comes to power? I mean, he could re-install and re-set all your clocks for you and then she could check all my bad light fixtures for phantom power..ya think?

Love you Pam.

Battery? Hmmmm?

Old 09-24-2009, 09:15 PM

720 posts, read 1,404,657 times
I am so confused at this whole post LOL

Old 09-24-2009, 10:07 PM

167 posts, read 477,463 times
In the first place, if she knows that you think of her as "the little woman" she likely thinks you are a dillhole and very much enjoys thinking of ways to confuse and annoy you.
Second, it is likely an alternate way to say that if you have time to mess around with an old ratty camper than you have time to repair the light in your house that you have known doesn't work properly for quite some time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships