Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 10:18 PM

167 posts, read 477,592 times

Advertisements

Oh wow that came out itchier than I intended. I meant it from the men from mars, women from venus standpoint. We just think differently sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 08:43 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,031,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
I do not believe that if you unscrew the light bulb in a light fixture that this fixture is producing any electricity but then we could both be wrong. Households have a lot of appliances producing electricity that we don't think about...the clocks on electric stoves, the coffee maker that never gets unplugged, the microwave with the time showing up or if not the time those little red vampire dots where the time should be...how appropriate..vampire dots sucking up electricity.

Wow, can I get some of those appliances and things that are power producers? We won't need our generator, just plug in your appliances, clocks, and vampire dots (whatever they are).

I am hoping by now OP realizes that installing the light his wife bought without changing the socket to one that had a switch on it (you can get those at any hardware store, used to cost around a buck or two) was his mistake. His wife is just pointing it out to him possibly every chance she can because he still hasn't changed the F'N thing after all these years! And yes, the power is on. The light is simply not using it but you didn't clarify that with your wife and tried to make it out that SHE used the incorrect word when your response is what was incorrect - the power IS ON 24/7. However, there is no USAGE of that power.

Just like Pam in Ct has miracle appliances and dots that somehow CREATE (produce) power instead of using it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand your wife. She's perfectly clear and correct in what she said. That is a live socket you have - FIX IT.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:08 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,560,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Yeah. It had a light with a switch under the light. However, she bought a different lamp that was more decorative for that small hallway. I had to install it just for the looks. It's a small light bulb. The lamp has a 5" shade on it to give you an idea. I wasn't going to knock a hole in the wall to make a switch running the wires up and down the wall for this little lamp. She should have got one with a switch. No one ever uses this lamp. Ever! It's just a decorative lamp.

My issue was the whole electricity thing. Yeah, I know, I should read into her mind and figure out that she doesn't like the light without a switch but that wasn't my fault. I didn't buy the light.

I think I will try that licking the finger thing. That might fix everything.
IMO:

In essence she didn't "approve" of the free camper and was picking on you for her mistake of purchasing a lamp without a switch that she can't switch on/off and expected you to go through the trouble to make it so for an inexpensive lamp.

If you would've installed a switch, I betcha something else wouldn't be satisfactory - maybe the color or type of switch plate.

A crystal ball would fix everything.

Hope you sell the camper and keep the $$ - lol!

Old 09-25-2009, 09:09 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,679,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Yeah. It had a light with a switch under the light. However, she bought a different lamp that was more decorative for that small hallway. I had to install it just for the looks. It's a small light bulb. The lamp has a 5" shade on it to give you an idea. I wasn't going to knock a hole in the wall to make a switch running the wires up and down the wall for this little lamp. She should have got one with a switch. No one ever uses this lamp. Ever! It's just a decorative lamp.

My issue was the whole electricity thing. Yeah, I know, I should read into her mind and figure out that she doesn't like the light without a switch but that wasn't my fault. I didn't buy the light.

I think I will try that licking the finger thing. That might fix everything.
Oh stop it funymann...no one wants to see you hurt yourself. I am thinking she is testing you...sorry women do that..yeah we can be real female dogs..but she is kinda trying to nag you to get a better light with a switch. honestly It is nice to have a wall one. We have many stupid little dim lights at my house. And I think I want to replace them. And a big warning sign...when they don't argue with you and go silent. Usually means they are too angry to voice their feelings. Or simply given up. My own family knows me for being a fighter. But lately i have been quiet. Sometimes I like to just keep them on their toes.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:10 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,560,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Sometimes I like to just keep them on their toes.
Troublemaker.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,679,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Troublemaker.
Haha ...only on Tuesdays.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:11 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,945,086 times
I didn't think the whole replacing the light thing was strange, but I thought it was weird how she just abruptly walked out of the camper. Strange.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:46 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,337,418 times
We may think differently and I like the comment about the Mensa application. But stupid is stupid and forget about right brain or left brain. Sorry don't mean to insult your wife, but come on that noodle was not plugged in. Thank you I laughed myself silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships