Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 03:52 PM

5,312 posts, read 6,088,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
A great looking resume might land you a job. But if your manager isn't happy with the quality of your work, then out the door you go. It's the same with people. Your looks might give you an advantage. But if you treat a woman like dirt, sooner or later, she'll kick you to the curb.

Of course but u get many more opportunities when yor good looking,if your ugly or un attractive opportunities rarely come if at all..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 03:54 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,578,960 times
They do come--from my own experience.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:56 PM

13,584 posts, read 21,356,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
I'm not talking about an evil, abusive ass. I'm referring to the "pretty" boys who have an ugly personality, and think they are entitled to anything in this world just because they look good.

oh well yeah,one guy I knew I mentioned on another thread was like that.See this is why the definition of nice gets different opinions depending.

I am a *nice* guy at times but sometimes I'm not,I'm never a evil prick that back stabs but sometimes I may make someone go arghh!!! at me.

I can tell you this,a guy that is called nice by a woman is loosing his edge with her and is in danger of either being dumped or put into the friends only zone.Right or wrong almost always that is the case.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:56 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,409,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Of course but u get many more opportunities when yor good looking,if your ugly or un attractive opportunities rarely come if at all..
That's absolutely not true. DennyCrane is absolutely right, you may be able to get your foot in the door, but the door will soon slam in your face once they figure out what an idiot you are.

I'm not necessarily attractive, but I have no shortage of opportunities, trust me.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:57 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,409,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
oh well yeah,one guy I knew I mentioned on another thread was like that.See this while definition of nice gets different opinions depending.

I am a *nice* guy at times but sometimes I'm not,I'm never a evil prick that back stabs but sometimes I may make someone go arghh!!! at me.

I can tell you this,a guy that is called nice by a woman is loosing his edge with her and is in danger of either being dumped or put into the friends only zone.Right or wrong almost always that is the case.
That would depend on the kind of girl you're talking about. Skanks, probably.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:02 PM

13,584 posts, read 21,356,616 times
Skank....lol you gotta to love that term.A term that is also generalized by many depending.Nice guy,and any nice guy who on this forum who has had experienced it will tell you he suffered in the end for being put into that term.And it comes from many women of all walks and ages,though older less probable.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:03 PM

20,627 posts, read 19,289,703 times
My ghost writer told be to say I do radio modeling and silent film narration to suit my strengths. I attract the most women being a big mystery and pray that it is never solved.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 09-24-2009 at 04:20 PM..

Old 09-24-2009, 04:12 PM

19,432 posts, read 9,462,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Oh please, the first dude ye ladies will pay attention to in a whole hall of dudes is the one with the torso of Michelangelo's David

Spare me this message board philosophy. The real world is so much different, Byrdie <gets his byrd cage ready>
And vice versa when it comes to the guys seeing that perfect 10.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:13 PM

5,312 posts, read 6,088,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
They do come--from my own experience.
Well youre fortunate,me not so much

Old 09-24-2009, 04:32 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,517,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Oh please, the first dude ye ladies will pay attention to in a whole hall of dudes is the one with the torso of Michelangelo's David
Of course I would. Nothing about what I stated was a denial of that fact. Keeping my attention is the key. So how exactly am I lying by stating that an ugly man can become more attractive through his personality? You should see the men I have dated. Most were ugly by most standards. So nyeh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
That's sad that you would rather be thought of as a good looking jerk instead of an ugly good person. Is your self-worth that tied to what people think of your looks? I don't care how superficial the world is. I refuse to let it get me down the way it obviously has you (and I base this on other posts you've made along these lines). Sure, the good-looking people have an easier time meeting people. But once their inner ugliness shines through, most of those people end up alone. Your problem is that you're convinced all women go for the good-looking bad boys. I'm sure there are women out there like that. As far as I'm concerned, any woman (or man) who prioritizes looks and then gets treated like dirt deserves it for being so shallow. I'm sure there are women out there who dismiss me based on looks. I don't care. That just means I'm better off without them. I'd rather be accepted as me than waste time and energy pretending to be something I'm not. No woman is worth it. As much as I detest the "nice guys" who let themselves be walked all over, I loathe the formerly nice guys who decide to start acting like jerks to do better with women. Even if it works, it makes you look pathetic to ditch who you really are. The truly confident people in this world don't let their self-esteem be dictated by what others think of them.
Beautiful.

I think there are a few Dennys on this board based on many of their posts. So wallow in misery you nay sayers. There are still good men out there.

Quote:
Im not one of those people who think most women like bad boys or jerks my point is for good looking people its much easier because you dont have to be perfect personality wise to get women
Quote:
What rock are you living under? Really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships