Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 09:48 AM

649 posts, read 1,132,367 times

Advertisements

When some people on this board, or Rush Limbaugh, Bill Maher, etc. bad mouth marriage they have valid points from the perspective of financially successful men.
However, if a guy is not that succesfull career/money wise, it may not be be bad to get married.
In fact, the girl may have to watch out, and listen to njguy, Tom Leykis, etc lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 09:58 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,538,456 times
Can you expound a little more on your point? Marriage/"reverse gold-digging"?

Old 09-27-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Can you expound a little more on your point? Marriage/"reverse gold-digging"?
I'm saying if a girl has money, and the guy not as much, she should be listening to Sunil's Dad, njguy,etc.
There are dudes that try to sponge off women too.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:07 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidArizona View Post
I'm saying if a girl has money, and the guy not as much, she should be listening to Sunil's Dad, njguy,etc.
oh, absolutely there are, but I still don't get where your going with this? Can you help me out?

Old 09-27-2009, 10:07 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,076 times
Quote:
When some people on this board, or Rush Limbaugh, Bill Maher, etc. bad mouth marriage they have valid points from the perspective of financially successful men.
However, if a guy is not that succesfull career/money wise, it may not be be bad to get married.
In fact, the girl may have to watch out, and listen to njguy, Tom Leykis, etc lol
Thanks! Yeah, watch out I'm "evil" to say the least - I think some think that of me already. It's not my fault if those don't really read what I post and as well made very incorrect conclusions and assumptions in every which way about me.

However a man needs not be "successful" to what I've said for ruin.

It's the system and what it allows to happen to men.

I have no hatred of females but hatred of what they allow the system (attorney's and judgments) to do to men while offering no resistance to refuse the torture of $$$, assets and other things which they didn't earn and way and above the 50% of the marital accumulation is where it's at - in fact in cases it's an attitude problem of expectations, entitlements and the like which is sad really.

Luckily I've never put myself in harms way nor have I've been burnt by anyone.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
oh, absolutely there are, but I still don't get where your going with this? Can you help me out?
saying its a 2way street these days.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:12 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,076 times
Quote:
Yeah and if and when it happens it makes the news - okay maybe a little exaggeration there.

The way I see the man gets the "honor" of paying out if he earns more the majority of the time while the female in the same situation gets to keep hers the majority of the time = double standards in my view.

It's not an even playing field and this is the basis of most of what I post in this type subject.

NJ is not fair to men and those females from here that say otherwise are quite mistaken.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:16 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,754,982 times
Quote:
saying its a 2way street these days.
Nothing that is really new... No different than the good ol days of marrying up to a family that is well to do or stands to inherent a ton of money. Or this day in age someone marrying a women who makes money hand over fist.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl78 View Post
Nothing that is really new... No different than the good ol days of marrying up to a family that is well to do or stands to inherent a ton of money. Or this day in age someone marrying a women who makes money hand over fist.
ya, its not new. Guess the rap against marriage has always emphasized the male getting raw deal....

Old 09-27-2009, 10:28 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,538,456 times
Quote:
I really don't think that is the case. I think they've been screwed, broke and ashamed, don't do well with women in general, a combination of or all three.

There are plenty of women who do not consider wealth. It is a fact. Character is all that matters to them. Yet these guys still whine about the same old thing. They're lacking money and character, and it's easier to focus on the injustices of women to take the spotlight off of that reality.

I knew a guy who was horrible with money, had overdraft charges after every pay period. His response, "I'm so sick of these banks taking my money."

I agree some men resent when women have their own money and expect someone in the same position. Charity is the word of the day.

Last edited by PassTheChocolate; 09-27-2009 at 10:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships