Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 06:04 AM

18,432 posts, read 34,228,567 times

Advertisements

no he is not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 11:49 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,450,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by absintheblonde View Post
My boyfriend is a stupid moron
LOL Too funny...

Old 08-18-2007, 12:45 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,514,278 times
No. I like to read, history, philosophy, psychology, english literature. I like to travel and learn about other cultures and countries. I like art museums, galleries, NY plays and theatre, and the opera. .

he reads Rolling Stone magazine...lol.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:13 PM

18,062 posts, read 11,691,980 times
No ....
He knows it ALL

Old 08-18-2007, 07:14 PM

36,339 posts, read 15,938,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
No. I like to read, history, philosophy, psychology, english literature. I like to travel and learn about other cultures and countries. I like art museums, galleries, NY plays and theatre, and the opera. .

he reads Rolling Stone magazine...lol.

OH that is too funny

Old 08-19-2007, 08:04 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,514,278 times
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tasmtairy again.

lol- the sad thing is, its the truth- I am not making it up!!!

sunny

Old 08-19-2007, 08:15 PM

799 posts, read 2,162,645 times
Never watched one reality show in my whole life. Just doesn't interest me.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:15 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,415,817 times
Wink Smart Guys Rock My World & Float My Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
What would you think about being married to someone who was not as smart as you are? Does your husband or wife have the smarts you have? Do they challenge you intellectually?

The reason I ask is many of the women I know tell me they do not want to marry a smart man but someone sexy. (Not that someone can not be both). A number of women at the office was talking about the Men on the TV Show "Lost" and who they most wanted to marry. Was it Jack the smart Doctor? Or Hurley the soft and sweet man-child? Or Sawyer, the brunting, dark (in mood) macho type- who is not so bright. Most of the women wanted to get married to the Macho dark and dangerous Sawyer.

Brains are out, Macho and Dark at in.
There's not even a question on this one in my mind... I don't have to think about it at all... It isn't even an option:

I have learned that physical attraction can develop & become very intense. There MUST be chemistry because us, but the rest can develop.

My king (as I dream of him being) MUST be, at minimum, at least as intelligent as I am. I would prefer that he's got quite a bit more going on (intellectually, spiritually, & in the street-smarts & wisdom areas - which are all part of the "intelligence" package to me) than I do, but it is not necessary.

I was married before & at that point in my life I thought I loved a "project" & the kind of "being needed" that comes from someone who doesn't have a lot of smarts (I know that sounds mean & arrogant & snobbish, but it is what it is). It worked for a while until I grew up. Then it became almost embarrassing at how little he knew about almost everything. He didn't really have one thing going from him in the "smarts" department, honestly. Okay, he did know a lot of scriptures from the Bible. But, that was it.

Intelligence is a STRONG & INTENSE turn-on for me. More so, probably, than being super physically appealing.

I enjoy my brain being stimulated in many diverse ways. I must have it. I am a pretty strong & intelligent woman & that requires a man who is strong, secure, & smart enough to at least hold his own with me or he won't stand a chance.

I know women, lots of them, who prefer men to be a step or two or three below them in these areas because it makes them feel needed & more powerful. I don't need any such illusions/delusions. I want one smart cookie!!!

Oh, and if he's "dark" (as mentioned in the quote) that's just an extra added bonus...

Old 08-30-2007, 05:29 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,415,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
What difference does it make as long as you love and respect each other?
I'm not certain "what" difference it makes, but it does make a HUGE difference for me. I have several family members whom I love & respect but after spending a couple hours with them I feel like several hundred thousand million billion () of my brain cells went through a long & painful death in the process. My brain hurts from all the inane conversation.

That just wouldn't cut it in a life partner. I can hold my own in any sort of conversation with any sort of person from any sort of background. But, I simply do not want to be partnered with someone as described above.

Old 11-28-2008, 09:17 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,434,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
What would you think about being married to someone who was not as smart as you are? Does your husband or wife have the smarts you have? Do they challenge you intellectually?

The reason I ask is many of the women I know tell me they do not want to marry a smart man but someone sexy. (Not that someone can not be both). A number of women at the office was talking about the Men on the TV Show "Lost" and who they most wanted to marry. Was it Jack the smart Doctor? Or Hurley the soft and sweet man-child? Or Sawyer, the brunting, dark (in mood) macho type- who is not so bright. Most of the women wanted to get married to the Macho dark and dangerous Sawyer.

Brains are out, Macho and Dark at in.
No offense but the women at your office sound frighteningly brainwashed...'lost' if you will

Anyway my wife is as close as I've found so far intellectually,however it does present a challenge because we are both very strong minded and tend to end up in debates even when it's unintentional
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships