Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 08:33 PM

197 posts, read 396,909 times

Advertisements

I was talking to my close friend of many years the other day about life and men. She was going on and on about the new love of her life. This is nothing new to hear so I have learned to just say,"Oh he sounds great." And to keep my opinions to myself,for peace sake. But, she shared with me that they have gone to the next level. Which is okay. But, during that time he would say things like "That's my girl" or "Oh your such a good girl." We are 28 years old. And she loves it. I just had to say what I felt. So I told her that I found that a little uncute. She became very defensive. So I ask this question, what is up with the toddler references or is it just me who thinks it a turn off?

Last edited by Faithi; 09-27-2009 at 09:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 08:38 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,771,892 times
Some people like to relate to each other in a quasi-parental way. If he starts grounding and spanking, I'd be worried!

Old 09-28-2009, 07:59 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,465,551 times
so patronizing! i would feel kind of "dirty" if my DH talked to me that way....

Old 09-28-2009, 08:02 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,625,050 times
Eh, I wouldn't like it, but so what? Everybody has different ideas about what's fun in bed.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:16 AM

6,431 posts, read 9,769,665 times
I've heard much worse between couples before. I think OFFSPRING said it best in one of their songs though:

" You told me a hundred times how your father left and he's gone
But I wish you wouldn't call me daddy
When we're gettin' it on"

Old 09-28-2009, 08:41 AM

914 posts, read 1,804,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithi View Post
I was talking to my close friend of many years the other day about life and men. She was going on and on about the new love of her life. This is nothing new to hear so I have learned to just say,"Oh he sounds great." And to keep my opinions to myself,for peace sake. But, she shared with me that they have gone to the next level. Which is okay. But, during that time he would say things like "That's my girl" or "Oh your such a good girl." We are 28 years old. And she loves it. I just had to say what I felt. So I told her that I found that a little uncute. She became very defensive. So I ask this question, what is up with the toddler references or is it just me who thinks it a turn off?

My guatamalen friend has been dating her boyfriend for 10 years and she calls him daddy. I think it's cute; terms of endearment should hold no bearing except that. I think the cheesiest name i've ever called a guy was "papabear" out of joke, but it became an inside joke. There are so many worse names you could say... like "lady of the night".

Old 09-28-2009, 08:48 AM

29,700 posts, read 34,246,140 times
Some people are into that kind of "tell Daddy how you like it" dirty talk. It's not for me, but what goes on between people in private ain't my business.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:03 AM

20,058 posts, read 18,263,423 times
Now that's just flat out nasty!

Old 09-28-2009, 09:21 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,597,571 times
To be creepy, or not to be creepy: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous Daddy behavior,
Or to take arms against a sea of Freudian troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die of embarrassment:
to blush in public; No more; and by a blush to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That relationships are heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die of embarrassment, to blush;
To blush: perchance to be nasty: aye, there's the rub;
For in that embarrassment of death what deviousness may come
When we have shuffled away from this immoral act,
Must give us pause: there's the lack of respect
That makes calamity of so long a relationship...

Old 09-28-2009, 09:36 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,916,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
Some people like to relate to each other in a quasi-parental way. If he starts grounding and spanking, I'd be worried!
*quietly puts away her whips and belt*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships