Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 08:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
What kind of fighting? What kind of love?
Well basically not caring what others say whom have a mess up relationship themselves. I have been told what to do and what not to do. Yet I hear of messed up relationships. People whom need marriage counslers and people whom don't talk to their husbands hardly ever or only if they have too. These people seem to like to give me advice. I just listen and say what the eff you are more messed up than me. I believe there is true love. My mom and dad had it. Heres to hoping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafinez View Post
Well, at this point in my life, I'd have to say yes. Sure, I'd have some hesitation at times, and some doubt that it's worth it (in certain situations). And sometimes maybe I'd just go the distance from a more egoistical point of view (such as i love the person and want the person with me). But I'd have to say yes. L
See I would too. I have seen death up close and personal..life my friend is very short...before you know it you will be old and alone. I want to be that person that says hun remember when..or don't even speak words and know what the other is thinking.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:49 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
When I heard "fight for love" I think of doing whatever it takes to keep someone you love in your life.

There's a John Mayer lyric that goes something like:
I know it was me who called it over/
But I still wish you'd fought me til your dying day/
Don't let me get away

That's what it made me think of.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:29 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
If by fight for love you mean take on all challenges and roadblocks for your beliefs in a relationship for the sake of the relationship, yes, if you love someone and they love you - you make it so that nothing can penetrate the bond and make it work somehow.
If you mean you (generally speaking) are in a relationship and it's going through some hard times, you've tried everything but depsite your best efforts nothing is working - then no, I think every relationship that is ending does have an end in site and it's just a matter of time before it's over. Not all relationships but just the ones who have been in turmoil for years. At some point you have to throw in the towel. But, if you love someone and life is trying hard to keep you apart, yes its worth it to fight for what you believe in.

Did my babbling make any sense? LOL

Old 09-30-2009, 10:32 AM

748 posts, read 1,313,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
What kind of fighting? What kind of love?
ditto

Old 09-30-2009, 05:14 PM

720 posts, read 1,407,778 times
I have before and I will again.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:23 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
I'd go the distance for a special someone, but she'd have to be an angel from above in order for that to happen. Only those who have proven themselves worthy will I go the distance for them.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:27 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
I guess I would be reluctant to give up my dreams or goals to make someone happy, I did that once before and it left me cynical and left me with a lot of heartburn.

However there is a line where you can make sacrifices for your partner or family. There is a line, it might be a fine line.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl78 View Post
I guess I would be reluctant to give up my dreams or goals to make someone happy, I did that once before and it left me cynical and left me with a lot of heartburn.

However there is a line where you can make sacrifices for your partner or family. There is a line, it might be a fine line.
I think many of us have been burned before...but god gave it to us as a lesson in life. No one should make you give up your dreams.

I get the fine line part. My ex and I are on speaking terms...but alot of bitterness and indirect rudeness going on.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:18 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,159,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I think I would...I have been through alot in my life-time. I think someone up there has a plan for all of us.

So again I ask would you fight for love? I would I'm half Irish this means im a lover and a fighter.
The only women I would fight for:

Mom and my Dog

Other than that no woman is worth fighting for except a daughter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships