Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 10:29 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Jesus on a minibike. What's wrong with the wife here? She really went to the mistress's house and hid in the closet? Then didn't divorce him?
Staying together for the sake of the children, going back and finishing high school and college....various other personal reasons I won't go into. But, yes they got divorced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 10:54 AM

850 posts, read 1,546,454 times
I wouldn't tell her sh--! There are other ways a woman can let her friend know that her man is a piece of dirt. You can send her something annoymous or take a picture of his a-- and send it to her in the mail. Who say's its gotta come from you?

Girl...where their is a will there is a way! Then your friend can decide what she wants to do with his stupid a-- after that. "Play stupid" as if you just found out yourself. This way your friend knows and if she stays with him..its on her. You did your part and still kept your friendship with her in tact...so if she mentions it to you ..you can make your comments then.

Of course, this all depends on you and how bad you really want her to know...if not...then its something she will have to figure out on her own. Some woman already know their man is messing around and don't want to face the facts. If they have alot to lose...it might keep them there.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:05 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,550,852 times
i personally thinks she already knows her husband is cheating....if you tell her her husband would probably come up with some lie to tell her and she would probably believe him. I would stay out of it...she will eventually find out if she doesnt already know

Old 09-29-2009, 11:09 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
i personally thinks she already knows her husband is cheating....if you tell her her husband would probably come up with some lie to tell her and she would probably believe him. I would stay out of it...she will eventually find out if she doesnt already know
Yup probably something like "Oh you're friend is just teasing you or just playing a joke on you." However a picture is worth a thousand words and I would take one in the next opportunity and then anonymously send it to her or whatever to get it into her hands first (not his).

Old 09-29-2009, 11:35 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasha1133 View Post
Knowing the pain of being cheated on myself, and having recently found out that my friends husband is cheating on her (saw him at a bar kissing some woman we didn't know) i am not sure what to do.

Should I be a friend and tell her, (but if so how do i put it to her?) Or do i leave well alone because its none of my business. (I am trying to solve things in my relationship at the moment and I have a lot on my plate, and I am really not sure what to do or how to go about doing things).

I am fairly close to both the husband and the wife. This is such a difficult situation.
I'd stay out of it. You don't know that the guy is having an affair. You saw him kissing a strange woman in a bar. That may be stupid, it may be wrong, it is certainly indiscrete....but it's not "proof" of anything.

Some are suggesting broaching the subject with him, but even that is going to be awkward.

I think you missed your chance here, but you may want to file this away for the future. If you seem him behaving badly in public again, don't avoid him. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Make a point of saying "Why hello Bob". Be polite if he introduces you to his lady-friend. Then say good bye and be on your way.

"Bob" will now have a lot to think about.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:38 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
I'd stay out of it. You don't know that the guy is having an affair. You saw him kissing a strange woman in a bar. That may be stupid, it may be wrong, it is certainly indiscrete....but it's not "proof" of anything.
Well actually yes it is proof of doing something. Its proof of kissing another woman that is not your wife. That in itself is wrong right there. Is it proof that he's sleeping around, no. But still, its a wrong action, no excuse for it, he's being stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Some are suggesting broaching the subject with him, but even that is going to be awkward.

I think you missed your chance here, but you may want to file this away for the future. If you seem him behaving badly in public again, don't avoid him. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Make a point of saying "Why hello Bob". Be polite if he introduces you to his lady-friend. Then say good bye and be on your way.

"Bob" will now have a lot to think about.
But I didn't kiss her!!! I don't even go into bars!!!

-thebobs

Old 09-29-2009, 11:50 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
I'd stay out of it, but if asked I would tell what I saw. I've met a number of salesmen/women who were very forward. 5 and 6 figure commissions can do that to folks.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:19 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
Stay out of it. Don't insert yourself into their relationship.

The fact that he was doing this IN PUBLIC where people like yourself who know them could see should give you pause. Either it's not what you think it is, she already knows and has decided to tolerate it, or he wants to get caught for some reason.

Sheesh, I've had married men flirt with me (one even asked me out for dinner!) right in front of their wives! These were doctors' wives and it's pretty obvious that they're in it for the money and perqs if they're willing to ignore these things. Lots of wifeys want the high life and don't care so much about the men or what they do. Another possibility is that he wants out of the marriage so he HOPES these things will get back to her and she'll file for divorce.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:20 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
These situations usually don't end well. I'd send her a heartfelt letter or email and be done w/ it. Anonymously.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:37 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
I think a real friend would tell and be the shoulder to cry on over it. Thats not cool and she is being made a fool of by his loser ass in public none the less. He made it your business and everyone elses by acting like a dirt ball in a public place. Rat that b**** out. I am sure you would want someone to tell you if you are questioning it.

I was nagged by others not to tell a casual friend about this type of thing and he said that he wish I had told him. No one wants to be in that situation. Doing the right thing is not fun or comfortable.
Its not your business to get involved and question the dirt ball. That is the business between those two. But you are just bearing witness. What they do after that is up to them. I would not pry or ask a thing after telling her. But she will not like it if she finds out that you did not tell her. Too bad you could not just take a pic with a camera phone and email it to her. A gentle way to approach it may be starting a conversation on "open relationships and cheating". She may confess her doubt of his monogamy or talk about how they have gone "open". Do not say you do not like the thought of open relationships or anything like that. Ask her if she ever would do that instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships