Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:24 PM

606 posts, read 1,231,555 times

Advertisements

Okay, every one interprets personal drama differently.
I think that personal drama is when a person wants to be noticed and talks non stop about their issues and they make it a bigger deal than it should be of things and are very loud about it. Some issues people cant help. Like coming from a toxic family or losing a job or losing anything like a home or a boyfriend/girlfriend. When people say that they don't want any "drama" I always think that they don't like "melodramatic" type (like I said above). But some do not. Like I have a friend of mine who said that I have a lot of drama in my life because of my parents toxic behavior and the bad luck with my recent living conditions, but I did NOT over react about it that is why I do NOT think I am a "drama queen". What I don't understand is how some people assume that if you don't come from the ideal family, have a lovely job and live in the best place in the world they think that you are "drama queen". Yeah, when I get to know someone I NEVER talk about my problems. In fact I try to only ask about them. If they ask me about me I am very vague about the things that are negative in my life, hence trying to keep things light and drama free.
Okay, what are your thoughts on what is the defination of personal drama!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 10:46 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,436,574 times
Everyones got a little of what you've defined as personal drama.
When it becomes a remedy for the lonely or ppl who have to much free time to fill, they got a problem.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:54 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,568,638 times
All threads on www.city-data.com/forum/relationships/

Old 09-28-2009, 11:05 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,859,471 times
In my world the term "personal drama" would encompass ANYTHING that was going on in my world that I didn't wish to discuss with the person I was using the term with.

And generally speaking I'd only ever use it if the person I was speaking to seemed to be digging for personal information that I didn't want to share.

If I use the term "personal drama" in a conversation it's my cue that the conversation on a more intimate level is over and I would be changing the subject.

I share details of any "personal drama" in my life with very few people.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:36 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,597,003 times
Drama is when someone is fighting for attention.

Bottom line, I don't care about any of your problems.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:43 AM

35,911 posts, read 30,458,873 times
Quote:
Drama is when someone is fighting for attention.

Bottom line, I don't care about any of your problems.
I like that definition. It describes my ex DIL. I call to check on or ask about the gkids and somehow it becomes about her and she starts yapping about her ailments, some one she knows, how many hours she had to work, blah blah blah me me me me! Shut up already and just answer the question.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:46 AM

44,257 posts, read 64,046,055 times
I think I would not use the word 'drama' unless there was some kind of a forced component to it or the person was constantly playing it up or thriving on it.

O/w, I'd say things that happen are just part of life.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:48 AM

61,290 posts, read 87,066,921 times
unimportant stuff that happens to others not critical share worthy stuff like what happens to me.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:31 AM

28,839 posts, read 30,065,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04glow View Post
Okay, every one interprets personal drama differently.
I think that personal drama is when a person wants to be noticed and talks non stop about their issues and they make it a bigger deal than it should be of things and are very loud about it. Some issues people cant help. Like coming from a toxic family or losing a job or losing anything like a home or a boyfriend/girlfriend. When people say that they don't want any "drama" I always think that they don't like "melodramatic" type (like I said above). But some do not. Like I have a friend of mine who said that I have a lot of drama in my life because of my parents toxic behavior and the bad luck with my recent living conditions, but I did NOT over react about it that is why I do NOT think I am a "drama queen". What I don't understand is how some people assume that if you don't come from the ideal family, have a lovely job and live in the best place in the world they think that you are "drama queen". Yeah, when I get to know someone I NEVER talk about my problems. In fact I try to only ask about them. If they ask me about me I am very vague about the things that are negative in my life, hence trying to keep things light and drama free.
Okay, what are your thoughts on what is the defination of personal drama!
I think it all boils down to different strokes....at work, they call this one girl a drama queen...b/c if something happens, she gets very upset....I don't know about anything in her past life, but what I do know is, she gets upset, vents and is very loud about it. But, she is genuine in her feelings, the things she gets upset about, granted, I wouldn't handle it the way she does, but I did when I was younger....

years ago, all the counselors and phycologists said we had to talk about personal problems and vent them, get em off our chests....now adays, it's a whole different approach.

I had a personal problem which lasted for years...it made me so weak and upset...and I spoke about it a lot...on several forums...(thank God for those forums) Some were very cruel to me for doing so....others were compassionate...and supportive...which helped...but what helped so much more was the fact that the forum was a place that I could vent it and talk about it...etc....it ate me up...my point is....that everyone handles things differently...drama, maybe, but more so, people are going thru, absolute, fear, personal tragedy, pain and we all handle those things differently..therefore, to me and for me...darlin, do what helps you the most...if someone wants to listen and advise, then go for it. I don't believe it's good to hold things in...and believe me, there are plenty of people out there who are so quick to judge....

something I've always said

Just b/c you feel one way about an issue, and someone else feels another way, doesn't make you right and her wrong, or visa versa. How we react to situations is all stored up in your brain, the way you were conditioned to believe since you were a child....it is your personal insignia...the who of who you are, and never be ashamed of that...we all have had some wonderful things happen to us in our lifetime...and we have talked about that...but yanno, sometimes people don't like that either? So, heck, just be yourself and enjoy llife and don't worry about being accepted...and if they roll they're eyes and accuse you of being a drama queen, so be it...you are who you are, and it is what it is....as long as you, know and believe in your heart of hearts, you also listen to people who need you....it's not all one sided and you would help others if they needed your shoulder.....

and yes, there are some people that it is ALL ABOUT THEM...but I don't call them drama queens, I call it, narcissistic...they have no compassion for others, they only care about themselves and results...and if you can't be of service to them, they will chew you up and spit you out....if you allow them to...

I think another great lesson we must, always remember and work on, is to never hurt others or hate...no matter how someone treats you...never ever hate, more so, feel sorry for them...realize, they are also who they are, b/c of bad parenting...

and, there are people who are very jealous, if your happy, sad, hurt, fearful...they will say, your looking for attention....to heck with them....just be yourself, and that's the best you can do...and most of all worry more about trying to get through life building a better person each and every day of your life, and don't worry about anything else....work on you, with self examination and the ability to actually be able to turn around and face your own demons, LOL, as some people would say, meaning, your bad faults, the mistakes you've made...and realize, most of who we are, are by our own choices....we can set blame, but in the end, we have the gift of free will and get to choose and change our patterns.

I think Drama is a slang that people use to quickly today, b/c they don't have the patience to listen....and its jammed down our throats like every other trend....

to sum things up, you can count your best friends on one hand, and to count your aquaintances you'd have to take off your shoes, count your toes and fingers and still would need to count. Don't go thru life expecting others to live up to your expectations...they can't and won't. They don't think and feel like you...

yanno what, society isn't always right.

Don't try to please society or live up to the expectations of others...the greatest gift you'll ever own, is the person you are....be her, in confidence, love and compassion....

hugs
creme

Last edited by cremebrulee; 09-29-2009 at 11:42 AM..

Old 09-29-2009, 11:35 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,568,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yanno what, society isn't always right.
Amen to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships