Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 06:08 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,311,278 times

Advertisements

This is how I feel lately, I have not met anybody lately that I would consider "relationship material" and I have decided that probably having fun and not worrying about finding someone is the way to go.

I am definitely not lowering my standards and I feel, at least for now, having a few girls to hang out with, do things with and still have my personal freedom is the best.

Last night, I was talking to a girl I had fooled around with last month on FB, we went on like 3 dates, had sex once and then we never connected again, anyways, she needed someone to help her move her stuff to Missouri and I jokingly said, "I will help you as long as we can spend the night together", she laughed and said "Sure!". So, if this is the way most females are presenting themselves these days, I will just go with it, get some and have fun in the process, ain't too worried about it!

There is a song I love by the Marshall Tucker Band called This Ol' Cowboy, everytime I hear this song, I feel like he is talking about me:

If you wrote all the woman's names down I know
And let me pick one out
I don't think there'd be one in the whole bunch
Aw I'd give a hoot about

Sad but true!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 06:11 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
I'm not sure what this post is about. Are you asking what we think about this woman, or are we supposed to urge you to save yourself, or what?

Go ahead and have sex with girls you despise. Wear a condom.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:11 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,791,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
This is how I feel lately, I have not met anybody lately that I would consider "relationship material" and I have decided that probably having fun and not worrying about finding someone is the way to go.

I am definitely not lowering my standards and I feel, at least for now, having a few girls to hang out with, do things with and still have my personal freedom is the best.

Last night, I was talking to a girl I had fooled around with last month on FB, we went on like 3 dates, had sex once and then we never connected again, anyways, she needed someone to help her move her stuff to Missouri and I jokingly said, "I will help you as long as we can spend the night together", she laughed and said "Sure!". So, if this is the way most females are presenting themselves these days, I will just go with it, get some and have fun in the process, ain't too worried about it!
Consider yourself smart for this way of thinking and lucky that you do have some female friends because some of us out here that just moved to another town again have none to talk to...lol

Old 08-10-2010, 06:15 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,647,600 times
If you are having trouble finding that "one" person then yes, absolutely the way to go is just to have fun and if something good comes of it, then great. But, this is how dating is supposed to be anyway. It's not supposed to be hard work and full of disappointment. When I was single, I had the same mindset and had a blast, I never worried about the serious stuff, it was about having fun and meeting new people. If something good came of it, great but I wasn't looking and that took a lot of pressure off of me and potentially my dates.
Now I'm in a long term relationship and we still handle it the same way, we don't have any plans of getting married but if it ends up it's something we want, fine but we are both happy in our relationship, it's secure and it's healthy. We have been together for five years. We live together, just bought a house, are not having kids (I have two from a previous relationship but they are grown and out of the house, he never wanted kids) so it's a very content relationship but had my attitude been different about how to approach life and relationships, I may not have ended up with him or the relationship may not have lasted.

I say go for it, have fun, enjoy yourself, if a girl is coming across like she's down for a good time too, then it's all good.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:22 AM

283 posts, read 458,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post

There is a song I love by the Marshall Tucker Band called This Ol' Cowboy, everytime I hear this song, I feel like he is talking about me:

If you wrote all the woman's names down I know
And let me pick one out
I don't think there'd be one in the whole bunch
Aw I'd give a hoot about

Sad but true!
Nowadays Girls use sex as pocket change. Since the marriage institution is falling apart, The strong couples are splitting up, Men and women are at war for getting all the goods without the costs. Its kinda predictable that sex is also is falling apart. Relationships are not as easily glued as they used to be sometimes even sex doesn't save a relationship.

By the way "I have decided that probably having fun and not worrying about finding someone is the way to go." This is the Y-Generation mind set. Seems like your new way of living is paying off. Enjoy!

Old 08-10-2010, 06:32 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,311,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
Nowadays Girls use sex as pocket change. Since the marriage institution is falling apart, The strong couples are splitting up, Men and women are at war for getting all the goods without the costs. Its kinda predictable that sex is also is falling apart. Relationships are not as easily glued as they used to be sometimes even sex doesn't save a relationship.

By the way "I have decided that probably having fun and not worrying about finding someone is the way to go." This is the Y-Generation mind set. Seems like your new way of living is paying off. Enjoy!
This should be the quote of the year, I remember talking to you before Chris and if I remember, you are only 23 years old? You are very wise for your age, and I could not agree with you more!

Old 08-10-2010, 06:34 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'm not sure what this post is about. Are you asking what we think about this woman, or are we supposed to urge you to save yourself, or what?

Go ahead and have sex with girls you despise. Wear a condom.

This made me laugh!

One of the problems I see with modern "romance" (or the lack thereof) is that we're supposed to be a living paradox.

People are supposed to protect themselves at all times, to strive to make themselves invulnerable -- and yet we're supposed to open ourselves up to that "special one", all the while uncertain how to FIND that special one because we're busy being totally invulnerable.

And it's gotten both cruel and lackadaisical out there, with people throwing MORE contradictions out each day for public consumption:

If a guy has sex right away he's jumping in too soon and clearly only after one thing; if he doesn't, he's an unenlightened prude who takes things way too seriously and definitely not a stud in the eyes of men OR women.

If a woman has sex right away, she's an easy lay and gets around; if she doesn't, she's also an unenlightened prude AND thinks her S*** doesn't stink.

If you try to be a gentleman you're a "throwback"; if you don't, you're not only a jerk but messing up with all the women who want an old-fashioned guy (without actually knowing what an old-fashioned guy is).

If you try to be a lady you're stuck up; if you don't, you're a wh***.

I'm with JustJulia; I don't know what you're really getting at with this post. However, were I in your shoes, I'd stop worrying about what women want and start worrying about getting myself straight. Your attitude suggests some real need for introspection and finding your place in the world.

Do what YOU need to do to be happy and successful, without worrying for anyone else outside of common courtesies -- and all the rest of that will just fall into place, the women appearing as if by magic, so you can pick and choose the "quality" you want.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:38 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,678,383 times
If you can't find someone "relationship worthy" then going out and having fun is definitely the way to go.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:47 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,320,307 times
Once again another thread about the Madonna/Harlot complex. You want a woman, but if she finds you attractive and is willing to have sex with you then she is unworthy. If, on the other hand, she is hard to get, then, you give up because she is not interested in you. You are going to have to decide what you want. If you want a woman who cares about you, she might just want to have sex with you. That does not make her a harlot. It might mean she really, really likes YOU. Also, some women are harder to get, but if you respect them and work hard, you might just find one that is interested in getting to know you. Figure out what you want. Women cannot be pigeonholed into either category. Most women are a mixture of many things.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:05 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
Once again another thread about the Madonna/Harlot complex. You want a woman, but if she finds you attractive and is willing to have sex with you then she is unworthy. If, on the other hand, she is hard to get, then, you give up because she is not interested in you. You are going to have to decide what you want. If you want a woman who cares about you, she might just want to have sex with you. That does not make her a harlot. It might mean she really, really likes YOU. Also, some women are harder to get, but if you respect them and work hard, you might just find one that is interested in getting to know you. Figure out what you want. Women cannot be pigeonholed into either category. Most women are a mixture of many things.
Meh, don't bother. He can't tell the difference between being USED and being LIKED if it was looking at him square in the face...at a dinner table or on the bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships