U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-02-2009, 06:30 AM
 
27,070 posts, read 26,484,299 times
Reputation: 16760

Advertisements

ok, for those of you who don't know, my foster mom, passed away going on 3 years ago. I knew her since I was 5 years old, and to me, she was my real mom. There wasn't anything legal, as the state did not take me away from my real mother, but my real mother was dysfunctional and an unfit mother.

My foster mom, was my best friend and confident...we spent so much time together...she was a generous woman, doing more for her family, community and friends then most will ever know. She owned a sense of humor that was uplifting and genuine.

So, last night, I drempt, I was living in this strange home in the country...a big home, and I was by myself. There was no one else living around me, no neighbors...who knows, perhaps I was living in Alaska, in the wilderness, my dream...LOL

So, there is this very loud and spine chilling bang at the door....I was scared to death....I mean really scared....and as I approached the door, the banging was non stop, and grew louder and louder. Apprehensively, I slowly moved my arm and hand towards the door knob, rested my hand on it....while the banging continued...I stopped, and then, boom, opened the door....and there was my mom, turning away with this big grin on her face...realizing that she literally scared the poop out of me...but in the dream, I knew she was no longer of this world...so, it still kinda scared me...and yet, I didn't want her to leave....but she disappeared with a great big happy grin on her face, just the same.

I woke up....and had a hard time getting back to sleep, as I miss her a great deal. When I bought my home, I thought, boy, I wish mom could see this...she could come and live with me...if she wanted to, if she were still alive...or I see something at the store, forget she is gone and pick the thing up in my hand, thinking, "Mom would really like this".

I do miss her a lot...and believe me, I don't find the dream at all disturbing...more so, a bit curious...I don't know, I just feel that she is so totally at peace, not only with herself, but with us to...it's like she knows things, we have yet to learn....crazy, huh

What's your take?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-02-2009, 07:39 AM
 
Location: Wu Dang Mountain
12,941 posts, read 20,176,047 times
Reputation: 8668
Not crazy at all. I've always maintained that there are far more things in the universe than we know of, can discover or even have an inkling of.

If, as I suspect, the human spirit is made of energy, then after we pass that energy doesn't just disappear - it moves into different forms and physical manifestations. People that experience these manifestations may just be more "tuned-in" to this energy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2009, 07:43 AM
 
27,070 posts, read 26,484,299 times
Reputation: 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Not crazy at all. I've always maintained that there are far more things in the universe than we know of, can discover or even have an inkling of.

If, as I suspect, the human spirit is made of energy, then after we pass that energy doesn't just disappear - it moves into different forms and physical manifestations. People that experience these manifestations may just be more "tuned-in" to this energy.
I think so to...and have always felt that way, although, to, it may be the human spirit longing to see mom again.... but, I do go along with what you say...there is great force in energy....

Hugs and have a great weekend
Creme
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2009, 07:47 AM
 
27,248 posts, read 24,482,607 times
Reputation: 25193
I would often dream of my parents after their deaths. Especially mom. Her passing was more difficult for me than dad because we were very close especially the years preceding her sickness and death.

I seldom have dreams of her now, but when I was missing her badly and feeling sorry for my self she would appear in my dreams as to say, everything is alright.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2009, 08:40 AM
 
Location: In the real world!
2,178 posts, read 8,943,582 times
Reputation: 2823
I had a dream about my Dad one time. I was in a park and sitting on a park bench. There was a man sitting there also and we started talking. I turned and looked at him and he was a handsome man in a uniform and looked like my Dad. I commented to him he looked exactly like my Dad and he started laughing. Hearing him laugh, I realized he was my Dad and I said "Daddy! It IS you!"... and I woke up..

The next day I was digging through some boxes and found a picture of him that I had never seen before and it looked exactly like he did in my dream. I now have that picture framed and on a shelf.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2009, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Wu Dang Mountain
12,941 posts, read 20,176,047 times
Reputation: 8668
Actually, my little story might help set your mind at ease.

Back in the early '80's I was out in San Francisco working on my medical degree when I got a phone call that my mom had had a series of strokes and wasn't expected to make it.

I caught a red-eye back to New York, got to the hospital and saw Mom: she wasn't responsive at all and they said she would pass within a day or two at most. I held her hand, told her I loved her, then kissed her cheek and went with my two brothers to the house.

The only spare bedroom was Mom's, and I felt a bit funny sleeping there, but my brothers told me it was no problem. Well, I got to sleep about midnight, but awakened with a start sometime later. There was my mom, in her dressing gown, standing at the foot of the bed and looking at me.

Now, there was a mirrored dresser behind her, and I'd swear I couldn't see through her - it was as if she were solid. I didn't move, however - just sat up in bed with my heart pounding and staring. Aftr several seconds she disappeared.

I looked at the old Big Ben clock next to the bed - 3:20 a.m.

The next day, about 6 a.m., the hospital called and informed us that Mom had passed. When we asked what the time of death was, they told us 3:20 a.m.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2009, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Pa
42,762 posts, read 47,599,324 times
Reputation: 25259
I have crazy dreams when I i am sleep induce with medicine. Such as Nightquil.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2009, 08:52 AM
 
27,070 posts, read 26,484,299 times
Reputation: 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I would often dream of my parents after their deaths. Especially mom. Her passing was more difficult for me than dad because we were very close especially the years preceding her sickness and death.

I seldom have dreams of her now, but when I was missing her badly and feeling sorry for my self she would appear in my dreams as to say, everything is alright.
AWWWW....thanks for the post...tried to give you reps but you know the story....

yanno, I oft times consider myself blessed for having her in my life as long as I did...and, yes, my friend, everything is all right....

thanks and hugs
Creme
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2009, 08:53 AM
 
27,070 posts, read 26,484,299 times
Reputation: 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
I had a dream about my Dad one time. I was in a park and sitting on a park bench. There was a man sitting there also and we started talking. I turned and looked at him and he was a handsome man in a uniform and looked like my Dad. I commented to him he looked exactly like my Dad and he started laughing. Hearing him laugh, I realized he was my Dad and I said "Daddy! It IS you!"... and I woke up..

The next day I was digging through some boxes and found a picture of him that I had never seen before and it looked exactly like he did in my dream. I now have that picture framed and on a shelf.
OMG. Laura, how absolutely heart warming....gave me chills, but good ones.....

Hugs
Creme
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2009, 08:59 AM
 
27,070 posts, read 26,484,299 times
Reputation: 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Actually, my little story might help set your mind at ease.

Back in the early '80's I was out in San Francisco working on my medical degree when I got a phone call that my mom had had a series of strokes and wasn't expected to make it.

I caught a red-eye back to New York, got to the hospital and saw Mom: she wasn't responsive at all and they said she would pass within a day or two at most. I held her hand, told her I loved her, then kissed her cheek and went with my two brothers to the house.

The only spare bedroom was Mom's, and I felt a bit funny sleeping there, but my brothers told me it was no problem. Well, I got to sleep about midnight, but awakened with a start sometime later. There was my mom, in her dressing gown, standing at the foot of the bed and looking at me.

Now, there was a mirrored dresser behind her, and I'd swear I couldn't see through her - it was as if she were solid. I didn't move, however - just sat up in bed with my heart pounding and staring. Aftr several seconds she disappeared.

I looked at the old Big Ben clock next to the bed - 3:20 a.m.

The next day, about 6 a.m., the hospital called and informed us that Mom had passed. When we asked what the time of death was, they told us 3:20 a.m.
I've heard of this kind of story before...it's great....I had one after my mom died...

My sister and I were in the kitchen talking, and we heard a noise in the living room....so we went into the living room and saw my mom going thru the baker's table. I said, Mom, it can't be you, your not here in this world any longer....she smiled and kept doing what she was doing while growing younger...her hair started to grow into a long flowing sandy brown, and her clothes changed into a white large sleeved blouse with tan pants on that looked sort of like riding jodfers...and a long flowing scarf around her neck....

Our aunt and her closest sister had passed away 3 years before...our aunt flew planes and I took the dream as her telling me, that she was now with her sister.

When I was much younger these stories used to creep me out, but now, I feel comfort...

thanks for sharing yours.....

which reminds me....in Green Fried Tomatoes, and I've always wondered about this and kept forgetting to ask....when Ruth dies, Sipsy stops the clock and covers it, why? Does anyone know?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top