Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 08:08 PM

454 posts, read 688,356 times

Advertisements

Hey, I havent been around here lately

Anyway, my question is how do some of you feel about it? Say you are just getting to know a guy, say within the first couple of months of being together. Do you feel like bars and clubs are a suitable environment?

Im not so much focused on whether someone tries to 'steal' someone from me, but just more or less the atmosphere and ambience just seems not a good idea anymore.

Im 22, and I love going out but last Friday a guy and I who I been seeing for the past month went out to a club. 2 things happened which wasnt very romantic. 1st He thought a guy I went up to was my 'baby daddy' (I dont have any kids ) but we just happened to have partied some years ago and I recognized him.

2nd thing, there was a huge brawl in the club right in front of us...and Im just thinking, this is so high schoolish and not a good way to spend the evening in front of a bunch of clowns.

And then you have stuff like running into X's, people you used to date, friends you may not want to see...all of that just makes a date kind of 'sour and emotional'. So Im just like no more going to bars and clubs for dates UNLESS its a small place away from the city center where the chances of you running into people like that are slim.

Who else agrees that going to a bar/club for a date is starting to not be a good idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 08:26 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
It depends on the club and the bar. I was at a danceclub once with some friends and saw a couple having a lot of fun dancing together alone, with no group of friends or anything like that (and they were clearly boyfriend and girlfriend, not just two people who randomly met that night).

I'm not the kind who goes to stuff like that often enough to worry about running into people I know either.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:28 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
I'm not into bars.

I'm not into crowded places or loud environments either.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:30 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
Sure it is.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I was at a danceclub once with some friends and saw a couple having a lot of fun dancing together alone.
And thats all fine and dandy until you either have some nutcase come by and grab your ass, or a huge fight right next to you like happened that night. It can kill the mood instantly...

Old 10-04-2009, 08:31 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
And thats all fine and dandy until you either have some nutcase come by and grab your ass, or a huge fight right next to you like happened that night. It can kill the mood instantly...
What kind of clubs do you go to? I go to clubs with skinny hipster kids. No fights beak out. Some people might be crying in the bathroom

Old 10-04-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I'm not into crowded places or loud environments either.
Thanks for your input...

However, I need people who actually do like crowded places and have experienced taking a girlfriend/boyfriend to nightclubs and how they feel about doing so.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:35 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,237,259 times
Sounds like you're going to the wrong places lol.

Stay out of bars/clubs in the hood, college dive bars, or places where incest is considered normal.

When my wife and I go for drinks, we go to this nice lounge that has sushi and house music & such. It's a more mature crowd (25-35 or so) so there aren't any brawls or drama.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
What kind of clubs do you go to?
Well I'll admit that night was a Mexican bar which played hip hop music, only in Texas, I tell ya LOL. Or out here in the wild west...I really dont like going there but they insisted in doing so anyway. Its known for tramps and fights anyway LOL.

But even still...its not even JUST about the fights. Seems like both times we've gone out he runs into his X, or sees someone he doesnt want to see and it just brings negative vibes. Who wants to be around **** like that?

Old 10-04-2009, 08:40 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Hell, my husband and I still go to clubs and lounges. We were at one last night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships