Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2009, 06:59 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,009,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Honestly, if it had been 17 years for me, I doubt I'd have any interest in seeing them either. I do what I can to avoid "old" acquaintances looking me up.
I'm with ya on that. No facebooking, myspacing, etc for me. Iget it for people who like it but for me that's just living in the past....

Old 11-15-2009, 07:09 PM

37,534 posts, read 45,865,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
I'm with ya on that. No facebooking, myspacing, etc for me. Iget it for people who like it but for me that's just living in the past....
Oh no, I definitely use Facebook. I have about 40 family members on there. We use it to stay in touch much more effectively, and share pics and family updates. It's great for that. I have my son, my mom, my sister, my brother in law, sister-in-law, nephews, nieces, aunts and uncles, and cousins...AND my work buds...and some very dear close friends. But I keep the security locked down - I don't use it in the same way as many people.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:15 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,409,075 times
Quote:
Honestly, if it had been 17 years for me, I doubt I'd have any interest in seeing them either. I do what I can to avoid "old" acquaintances looking me up.

I agree. I have no desire to connect with the past , either.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Oh no, I definitely use Facebook. I have about 40 family members on there. We use it to stay in touch much more effectively, and share pics and family updates. It's great for that. I have my son, my mom, my sister, my brother in law, sister-in-law, nephews, nieces, aunts and uncles, and cousins...AND my work buds...and some very dear close friends. But I keep the security locked down - I don't use it in the same way as many people.
I totally get this, it's an easy, effective way to stay in touch with the meaningful people in your life... not invite old ghosts in!

Old 11-15-2009, 07:31 PM

Default Finally posted a picture

on the "what do you and your SO look like" thread. I have been working like crazy, still have barely figured out my new laptop, much less touched my digi pics... a friend emailed this photo to me.

So here it is Capt. Dan, finally! Page 9 of that thread

Old 11-15-2009, 08:08 PM

52,085 posts, read 52,537,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
You're not really envious of them, are you?

I'm a buddhist/atheist, and I'm not envious of people of any other worldview/religion. I am just as comfortable in my beliefs as they are in theirs. My mother always says "I'm worried for your soul". I just smile and say, "Oh don't worry, there's no such thing as hell, and if there is, I don't think your god will make me go. He's supposed to be forgiving, right?"

One of my friends, when super-drunk one night, started crying because she was sad that she "wouldn't see me in heaven". I cracked up. She kept going on about how Jesus wasn't gonna let me in cause I didn't believe. Like Jesus was her hitman.

It's all about the Golden Rule, right... do unto others...

Ok, off my soapbox. Don't worry Chow, i don't keep in touch with anyone from the good ole days for a much more selfish reason than yours... I didn't have that fairy tale childhood and don't like to be reminded. I'm all about the present. Right here, right now is all we've got. Happy Sunday evening, everybody.
"You're gonna burn in Hell" so say the "good" Christians. Never understood the fire and brimstone aspect of religions.

Yes, I am envious of the "believers" I wish I were more of a believer. I'm sitting here stuck with logic and reason.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:29 PM

52,085 posts, read 52,537,813 times
I'm such a sap. I like scenes that seem "real", I like things that seem to have a little integrity.

Sappy scene here, but I like the way Steve Carel's character seems genuine, the last verse of the song says it all.

YouTube - Let my love open the door - Carell Cook Cover

Old 11-18-2009, 01:30 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,409,075 times
Hmmm.

Ever since Sierra left on vacation and ChessieMom got a boyfriend and SifuPhil dissapeared, nobody hardly talks on this thread.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:09 AM

37,534 posts, read 45,865,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Hmmm.

Ever since Sierra left on vacation and ChessieMom got a boyfriend and SifuPhil dissapeared, nobody hardly talks on this thread.
Oh now, my excuse is the last week was crazy. Remember that I had a visitation and a funeral, and THEN a nor'easter that closed the entire area down for 3 days - and I ended up spending all that time with my fella. But we lost power a couple of times too. So, just a bad week for me! Will be nice to see Sierra back though!

Old 11-18-2009, 07:33 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,885,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Hmmm.

I see - the rest of us are chopped liver, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships