Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2009, 10:56 PM

13,783 posts, read 26,221,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I know a lot of people going to see them tomorrow. At the Rose Bowl right?

Ive never understood why people think they are so great. I liked that one song by them - about Martin Luther King from 1985 or so "In The Name Of Love" but nothing else. I just dont get why people like them so much.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:09 PM

37,496 posts, read 45,805,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Two weekends in a row? Is it that good? I always threaten Chow we're going to do something on Halloween, like stay overnight in one of the Queen Mary's "haunted" rooms or something, but we never do... Glad you're having fun, anyway...
When I went last Sunday, we got a 7 day pass for the same price as a single (the do this in early spring and late fall). So my son was going with he GF and her parents and they invited me to go along. Since my fella was already going to be in that area for something else, he met me there after he was done. It was loads of fun. They put on one heck of a Halloween.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Sounds like fun~
We was going to take my son and his little friend to a haunted house tonight, but my little man is sick, so...we stayed home.
Hope he is better soon!

Old 10-24-2009, 11:14 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,623,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Hope he is better soon!
That ol` swine flu is going on around here...I just hope he doesn`t have it. We will all have it....

Old 10-24-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
That ol` swine flu is going on around here...I just hope he doesn`t have it. We will all have it....
Yeah I've never ever gotten a flu shot. But I think I am going to get this one.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:18 PM

19,263 posts, read 15,148,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Aw man, the Queen Mary is soooo much fun on Halloween. Actually, I've always enjoyed going to the Queen Mary even on field trips in elementary school.
Okay, that's it, we're going. Chow says he remembers field trips there, too. One time we went there, it happened to be their Scottish festival. They had guys playing the bagpipes in certain areas, but it was too closed-in, and it killed your ears. I love the bagpipes, though. Also, a nice surprise was that the last clan flag in their parade was Chow's last name.

Quote:
Sounds like fun~
We was going to take my son and his little friend to a haunted house tonight, but my little man is sick, so...we stayed home.
Oh, that's too bad, yank. Poor guy. Can you go later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Quote:
When I went last Sunday, we got a 7 day pass for the same price as a single (the do this in early spring and late fall). So my son was going with he GF and her parents and they invited me to go along. Since my fella was already going to be in that area for something else, he met me there after he was done. It was loads of fun. They put on one heck of a Halloween.
Great deal! Sounds like so much fun... I always love haunted houses and hay rides and all that corny stuff...

Old 10-24-2009, 11:22 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,623,830 times
Quote:

Oh, that's too bad, yank. Poor guy. Can you go later?
Hmmm... during the week...no. We rented semi-scary movies instead. He was running 102.6 temp. tonight. I don`t think he cared.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:23 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,397,937 times
Quote:
Yeah I've never ever gotten a flu shot. But I think I am going to get this one.
I don't need a flu shot anymore. I already got the flu this week. I usually don't get the flu, but since it was a new strain, it got me. I'm alive and it really wasn't as bad as it was thought to be. There was a lot of headaches and stomach discomfort, but no vomiting and that's always good in my book.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:52 PM

19,263 posts, read 15,148,714 times
Quote:
Hmmm... during the week...no. We rented semi-scary movies instead. He was running 102.6 temp. tonight. I don`t think he cared.
Well, I hope he feels better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I don't need a flu shot anymore. I already got the flu this week. I usually don't get the flu, but since it was a new strain, it got me. I'm alive and it really wasn't as bad as it was thought to be. There was a lot of headaches and stomach discomfort, but no vomiting and that's always good in my book.
Well, I'm glad you survived, temp! I've never understood the difference between a cold and the flu (and why is it "a" cold and "the" flu? ) I've look up the symptoms, and they seem to be pretty much the same. I always get the same symptoms, and in the same order, but they don't seem to be flu-like.

But get this, we're going to the concert tomorrow, and I woke up this morning with a sore throat and a fever! I told Chow, there's no way I'm missing this concert, and my apologies to all the attendees, but I don't care who I infect! I'm hoping any U2 fan will understand. *sigh*

Old 10-25-2009, 12:06 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,397,937 times
Quote:
Well, I hope he feels better soon.

Well, I'm glad you survived, temp! I've never understood the difference between a cold and the flu (and why is it "a" cold and "the" flu? ) I've look up the symptoms, and they seem to be pretty much the same. I always get the same symptoms, and in the same order, but they don't seem to be flu-like.

But get this, we're going to the concert tomorrow, and I woke up this morning with a sore throat and a fever! I told Chow, there's no way I'm missing this concert, and my apologies to all the attendees, but I don't care who I infect! I'm hoping any U2 fan will understand. *sigh*
One of the good things about getting the flu is that once its done, you don't have to worry about it anymore. But get plenty of rest. I had body aches and severe headaches. Don't try to be brave and go to the concert if you are very sick. You don't want to end up in the hospital. Medecine might help you feel better, but rest is the only remedy. Haha, I'm playing doctor .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.