Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2009, 07:21 AM

37 posts, read 202,252 times

Advertisements

hi frnz,I hope you all are fine.Would u plz tell me
defination of likeness and hateness,I mean ,wat is likeness and
wat is hatness:co nfused: so plz inform me,actuly ,I want 2 improve my knowlege
I m waiting ur views and ideas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 09:07 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,389,597 times
i don't hate/despise anybody. IMO, no one really should.

But i define liking as having an affinity and admiration for another. If I like somebody, i respect them a lot, and enjoy being around them and feel good when good things happen to them.

As for dislike, i don't feel comfortable around people I dislike. And for this reason, I would purposely go out of my way not to be around them, unless it was absolutely necessary.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:30 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,254,928 times
Likeness

Hateness is not a word.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:59 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,415,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuqir hussain shah View Post
hi frnz,I hope you all are fine.Would u plz tell me
defination of likeness and hateness,I mean ,wat is likeness and
wat is hatness:co nfused: so plz inform me,actuly ,I want 2 improve my knowlege
I m waiting ur views and ideas
My friend, I don't exactly understand what you're asking here.

I'm assuming that what you're asking is this: How do you define "likeness", or attraction? How do you define "hateness", or repulsion? And, how do they relate as far as dating goes?

To answer, attraction is what draws one person towards another. It can be anything from physical looks, personality, sense of humor, money, fame, and so on. These are all things that causes one person to like another, to feel drawn to that other person.

Repulsion is just the opposite, it is what causes one person to shy away from another. It can be things like a lack of personal grooming, an unattractive physical feature, no sense of humor, arrogance, lack of confidence, lack of communication and so on. These are all things that causes one person to dislike another, or be "repulsed" from another. Repulsion may be too strong of a word here, but it's the only word I know to use.

As far as how they relate, if you have traits that another person finds attractive, and you find their traits attractive, you're more likely to enter a mutually beneficial relationship - be it romantic or otherwise. If you lack these traits that cause attraction, then you're less likely to meet someone with who you could potentially enter a relationship with.

Different people are attracted to different things, so even if one person is not attracted to you, another person will be attracted.

I hope this was what you were getting at.

I wish you the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships