Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 07:36 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,683,101 times

Advertisements

I did not read any of the responses...just the question.
No. I don`t care if people are attracted to me when we go out. I`m not dressed to kill, for their benefit. Only my husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 09:09 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,387,821 times
A guy was looking at me today while I was in the check out line at the grocery store...then he asked me if I knew where some restaurant was. Gee, all the people working here and you're asking me? Maybe I looked like I just finished eating

Old 06-19-2009, 09:14 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,764,750 times
I never notice if a woman is checking me out. Mrs. Chow will sometimes tell me afterwards that a woman was flirting me or checking me out.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:21 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,513,485 times
no.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:21 PM

709 posts, read 1,768,302 times
Quote:
never notice if a woman is checking me out. Mrs. Chow will sometimes tell me afterwards that a woman was flirting me or checking me out.

Are you the owner of Mr. Chow's Chinese restaurant ?

Old 05-31-2019, 11:51 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,025,282 times
I get the odd look from women in cafes, but IIRC there are studies showing that being in a group (especially a group of attractive people) makes others perceive you as more attractive, and I'm almost always alone.

I have a decent build, I groom myself and don't smell bad, and I have a pretty masculine face, so that stuff probably helps - but I'm not the snazziest dresser and I've been told my body language appears a little awkward and makes me look more nervous than I am. Meh.

Old 06-01-2019, 04:22 AM

1,593 posts, read 777,793 times
It happened once I think? She was a register attendant at a restaurant a few months ago. Without digging up the post I made about it, what I recall is that she was very smiley and looked my way often even as she did other duties like sweeping.

Old 06-01-2019, 09:29 AM

3,652 posts, read 1,608,414 times
I don't think I'm attractive but I'll tell you some times I've been approached by girls over the years.

Way back in high school I was with my parents at a theme park and set out alone in the park and two girls approached me, and we went on rides together.

Also back in high school I'm sitting in first day of class. Students are walking in to find seats. She walks in and notices me immediately. She comes and sits right next to me. Later there is a class bus trip. She signs me up to sit next to her.

On several occasions I've been out shopping at the mall and just standing there looking at something and a woman will come up and talk to me. Just happened yesterday at the grocery store. She was very friendly and started talking to me about the vegetable I was thinking of buying.

Years ago when I was married a woman approached me in a store and started a very friendly conversation. I told my wife about her when I got home.

At the book store a woman came up and just started a conversation, told me her name.

Another time I was the only person in the book aisle looking at a book and a woman comes right next to me looking at a book 3 feet from me on the bottom shelf. She is squatting and her hand is on a book on the bottom shelf and I'm standing next to her. No one else in the aisle.

A few years ago I was checking out at the grocery store and found out the beautiful cashier was from a country that just had a hurricane and she had family there she could not get into contact with. I gave her a hug. Yes, a cashier I didn't know, a hug. I left thinking I really shouldn't have done that. A few weeks later I see her again at the vegetables and I came up to her and when she recognizes me she gives ME a hug. Her family was ok. That's the only time a cashier ever gave me a hug.

Another time I was at a park alone and sitting on the bench. A woman was passing by and she gave me a very nice smile, it was almost like we knew each other.

I never go to bars. However I was on a business trip and decided I would one night. As soon as I walk in, a waitress is looking me over like she can't wait to serve me.

Which reminds me of the time I went to Hooters alone to get lunch. Which I've been once. I'm not kidding, the waitress asks what I'm doing later.

After a job meeting with clients we where in the parking lot heading for our cars. This lady client I'm talking to as we head for our cars is not heading for her car, but remains standing in front of me and has a look as if waiting for me to ask her out.

At church we had an ongoing bowling night and I was on a team with several married women. I'm single. I show up one night and I don't know why but one of the married women calls out my name "Hi James!" and gives me the biggest hug. Just because I showed up?

Seriously I dress in jeans and tee shirts most the time and never considered myself eye catching attractive. I thought this happens to all guys.

Old 06-01-2019, 09:36 AM

102,234 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
I don't think I'm attractive but I'll tell you some times I've been approached by girls over the years.

Way back in high school I was with my parents at a theme park and set out alone in the park and two girls approached me, and we went on rides together.

Also back in high school I'm sitting in first day of class. Students are walking in to find seats. She walks in and notices me immediately. She comes and sits right next to me. Later there is a class bus trip. She signs me up to sit next to her.

On several occasions I've been out shopping at the mall and just standing there looking at something and a woman will come up and talk to me. Just happened yesterday at the grocery store. She was very friendly and started talking to me about the vegetable I was thinking of buying.
See, shy guys? This is how it's done! Take notes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112;
Years ago when I was married a woman approached me in a store and started a very friendly conversation. I told my wife about her when I got home.

At the book store a woman came up and just started a conversation, told me her name.

Another time I was the only person in the book aisle looking at a book and a woman comes right next to me looking at a book 3 feet from me on the bottom shelf. She is squatting and her hand is on a book on the bottom shelf and I'm standing next to her. No one else in the aisle.

A few years ago I was checking out at the grocery store and found out the beautiful cashier was from a country that just had a hurricane and she had family there she could not get into contact with. I gave her a hug. Yes, a cashier I didn't know, a hug. I left thinking I really shouldn't have done that. A few weeks later I see her again at the vegetables and I came up to her and when she recognizes me she gives ME a hug. Her family was ok. That's the only time a cashier ever gave me a hug.

Another time I was at a park alone and sitting on the bench. A woman was passing by and she gave me a very nice smile, it was almost like we knew each other.

I never go to bars. However I was on a business trip and decided I would one night. As soon as I walk in, a waitress is looking me over like she can't wait to serve me.

Which reminds me of the time I went to Hooters alone to get lunch. I'm not kidding, the waitress asks what I'm doing later.

After a job meeting with clients we where in the parking lot heading for our cars. This lady client I'm talking to as we head for our cars is not heading for her car, but remains standing in front of me and has a look as if waiting for me to ask her out.

At church we had an ongoing bowling night and I was on a team with several married women. I'm single. I show up one night and I don't know why but one of the married women calls out my name "Hi James!" and gives me the biggest hug. Just because I showed up?

Seriously I dress in jeans and tee shirts most the time and never considered myself eye catching attractive. I thought this happens to all guys.
And men say women never approach! Women approach plenty. Plennn-T! James, you may not be attractive in a conventional sense, IDK (maybe you are, but you don't see it), but something about you is getting women's attention.

You never know what it might be, that might be catching their interest. I have a friend, who's always been mildly obese. He's never been approached by women in public, only in certain circles, where he's known as a musician. But a couple of years ago, after he got new glasses, suddenly young women (he's pushing 60, and looks it) started walking up to him whenever he was out walking his dog, and giving him their numbers! This is in SEATTLE, where the techies complain the women are cold and snooty!! He didn't know what it was, that was generating this sudden interest, until he switched back to his old glasses frames. Suddenly the random attention stopped. lol. I've never seen these magic glasses of his; I'm really curious about them now.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 06-01-2019 at 09:48 AM..

Old 06-01-2019, 09:38 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,775,771 times
I don’t think I’ve ever been checked out. At least not obviously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships