Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 10:42 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times

Advertisements

Of course. Odds are it happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 01:07 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
I'm usually not aware of any attraction people may have towards me when I go out.

Old 06-04-2019, 05:19 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
I get looks when I'm out, but am very rarely approached anymore.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:42 PM

3,647 posts, read 1,601,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
This is a great question, OP. I've tried to recognize these things, but women are so much less obvious about being attracted to someone than men are. That said, I did notice a very attractive woman at church yesterday staring at me and smiling. I was so caught off guard that I did nothing. Well, I did hang around for a second looking for her after I walked out (service was over), but didn't see her follow behind me. Missed opportunity. But typically, I never catch anyone checking me out. Its not that I'm unaware, as I'm usually looking up, not at my phone, but it just doesn't happen.

I did stop by an auto body shop over the weekend about getting my windshield replaced. The woman behind the counter (admin assistant) was so cute! I was telling the story of how a truck kicked up a rock off the road and it shattered my windshield and that I wanted to chase the guy down and tell him. She just smiled and laughed. She laughed at other things I said too. I was so caught off guard (per usual) that I didn't ask her if she was single or flirt with her. However, I will go back and maybe ask the manager if she is single. Hmm...
That reminds me about 4 weeks ago in church service I caught a woman looking at me. When my eyes looked at her she quickly looked down hoping I didn't see her looking at me. But I caught her. She's sitting next to her husband.

If a woman laughs frequently at things you say is a strong sign of attraction or interest. There is a woman I know that laughs frequently at my joking type remarks. One time, she started laughing and couldn't stop. All I did was come up to stand next to her. Another time I made a funny comment and she started laughing intensely. The good news is I like this woman so this is really good.

And one time I accidentally bumped into a woman at church who always has a serious face around me and the bump caused her to start giggling almost uncontrollably. I have thus discovered the secret way to find out if a woman likes you- 'accidentally' bump into her. And see her reaction, which will be spontaneous.

Old 06-04-2019, 10:18 PM

4 posts, read 2,842 times
Growing up if you have always been receiving glances won't you think it's just normal that you get looked at and it means nothing special? So how would you know if you are getting noticed?

Old 06-04-2019, 11:09 PM

1,593 posts, read 776,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuky104 View Post
Growing up if you have always been receiving glances won't you think it's just normal that you get looked at and it means nothing special? So how would you know if you are getting noticed?
Presumably because at some point a person asks out/is asked out by the one scoping them or has some other sort of interaction that confirms the attraction. Or, maybe they recognize their own behavior towards the people they feel attraction to, and note its similarities towards certain others’ behavior. They then learn to associate that behavior with attraction.

Old 06-05-2019, 06:46 AM

100 posts, read 48,187 times
I have a blind spot when it comes to this. I usually don't know a girl is interested in me until she makes the first very direct move. Like kissing me or something similar. I think it's a self-esteem thing. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around someone being into me, so I think the part of me that is aware of others interest in me has just kind of atrophied.

It does help me keep faithful, though. Hard to cheat when you don't know who your options are.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:00 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
I have a cute big and friendly dog. She attracts people. Best pickup method ever.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:07 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I have a cute big and friendly dog. She attracts people. Best pickup method ever.
Perfect! And you are also very attractive so its a win-win

Old 06-05-2019, 02:09 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Perfect! And you are also very attractive so its a win-win
Yes, so great ... but ...wait .. why am I single
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships