Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2008, 10:49 AM

238 posts, read 823,955 times

Advertisements

I have no idea. I've always went for clean cut nice guys so I can't help here.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:11 PM

2 posts, read 6,172 times
Default My thoughts

I always go for bad boys, but NOT abusers.

Bad boys are so much more fun then nice guys. The sex is always better. Actually better may not be correct. The sex is always HOTTER!

But the thing we women don't get is that we should NOT marry the bad boys! I did. We had some great times for a number of years but he will always be a bad boy and that's hard to deal with year after year. So now we're divorced.

To be honest the only way to have a relationship with a bad boy is if he's married. Then you get the very best of him....all the hot, exciting sex and then they go home and treat their wives like crap.

I'm still waiting for the nice guy to come along who sweeps me off my feet. Until he does, I'm hanging with the bad boys!

Old 04-22-2008, 09:07 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Jersey Girl View Post
I always go for bad boys, but NOT abusers.

Bad boys are so much more fun then nice guys. The sex is always better. Actually better may not be correct. The sex is always HOTTER!

But the thing we women don't get is that we should NOT marry the bad boys! I did. We had some great times for a number of years but he will always be a bad boy and that's hard to deal with year after year. So now we're divorced.

To be honest the only way to have a relationship with a bad boy is if he's married. Then you get the very best of him....all the hot, exciting sex and then they go home and treat their wives like crap.

I'm still waiting for the nice guy to come along who sweeps me off my feet. Until he does, I'm hanging with the bad boys!

unfortunately for the nice guy,you'll probably walk all over him and have a bad boy on the side just like you don't mind messing around with a married guy..........

don't mean to be judgmental but I see it coming.......maybe I'm wrong.

sweep you off your feet.........lol

so guess what,when I (or any guy)tell ya I just want to friends with benefits and you wonder why I don't want to marry you,well there you go.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:25 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
unfortunately for the nice guy,you'll probably walk all over him and have a bad boy on the side just like you don't mind messing around with a married guy..........

don't mean to be judgmental but I see it coming.......maybe I'm wrong.

sweep you off your feet.........lol

so guess what,when I (or any guy)tell ya I just want to friends with benefits and you wonder why I don't want to marry you,well there you go.
Very well put.. and I second that.. you cant have your cake and eat it too...

Old 04-22-2008, 09:31 PM

521 posts, read 1,629,599 times
Why do women go for BAD BOY types?
I think its because they like men to have balls. Unless the woman is lesbian, which will then not like balls. make sense?
They like somebody that wont let themselves be stepped all over, and will kick some ass for her name.
Someone that doesnt seem to need them. Need is a sign of weakness and guys seem pathetic when they are weak in the knees at the first sign of a woman.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:47 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
Why do women go for BAD BOY types?
I think its because they like men to have balls.
BRAVO!!!

People can say what they will about this issue, but the fact remains that the "bad boys" would have no business if the "other guys" would give women what they really want.

It's tough for many people to wrap their mind around...but, again, why do the "bad boys" get business? Maybe they have something that's attractive to women?

Old 04-22-2008, 11:48 PM

604 posts, read 1,186,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Women are FAR more likely to be physically abused or killed by their husband or boyfriend than a random intruder or other stranger. That's the cruel irony. Millions of women are getting beaten to a pulp by men they thought would protect them.

We need to socialize and educate women to do the opposite of what their primitive instinct tells them to do. Inform them that the strong protective type (i.e dominant) could have it in him to beat or even kill her, while she is safest with the nice guy she perceives as weak.

Of course many will disagree with me and call me names, but unless we change our caveman attitudes about strong-protective-bad boys, women will get abused by men until the end of time.
Cruel irony???? "We need to SOCIALIZE AND EDUCATE WOMEN"???? Women need to change their 'caveman attitudes" else they're doom to lifelong abuse????

So it's women who need to change? That "primitive instinct"???

WHAT?

The killers, the intruders, the beaters......guess who they are???? MEN!!
Let's start there. Then we can talk about the victim role. Quit beating and killing and we won't have to worry about it.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:56 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbledeez View Post
Quit beating and killing and we won't have to worry about it.
No, actually, as women, we need to take some responsibility in all of this.

Um, yeah, we're strong enough, and intelligent enough, to know what we want and what is good or bad for us.

"Nice" guys. Meh, as far as I'm concerned.

"Dominant" men are the ones I go for. But, you know what? I understand the difference between dominance and abuse....

Old 04-23-2008, 12:11 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
read all the posts. its would seem that women like excitment but are smart enough to know you gota balance that with some degree of stability in your life. i think that freedom is very precious to women, worth the risk. am i getting it?

Old 04-23-2008, 12:20 AM

604 posts, read 1,186,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
No, actually, as women, we need to take some responsibility in all of this.

Um, yeah, we're strong enough, and intelligent enough, to know what we want and what is good or bad for us.

"Nice" guys. Meh, as far as I'm concerned.

"Dominant" men are the ones I go for. But, you know what? I understand the difference between dominance and abuse....
I do not seek dominance from anyone. I would guess that most abusive men could be characterized as "dominant". No thanks. I'll pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships