Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 12:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I'm from Boston and this is the first time I've ever heard the Boston accent called "sexy".
Maybe I should've kept mine...
It is sexy my uncles friend has one from boston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Twice upon a time, I thought I had it. It ended up being...LIES...ALL LIES!
I hear ya!! You think how I could of been soooooooo stupid!!

Old 10-24-2009, 12:40 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,624,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Yes, I have. Just once.

It's been almost a year and it's still the best. For a long time, we were both waiting for the other shoe to fall. Waiting to learn something heinous we just couldn't live with. Waiting for the fairy tale to come to a grinding halt and turn into a train wreck. We've been through some very tough times, financially, and we've loved each other through them.

We're both old enough to know that things like this don't happen all that often. It's like winning the lottery. Someone gets the money but it's never you. Maybe this one time, I got the prize.

You got Wayne Newton???

Old 10-24-2009, 01:43 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,096,626 times
Wife # 2....met on blind date...moved in together that night, married 2 mos later divorced 17 yrs later, never had an argument....

Wife # 3...went on date on Sunday proposed on Sat...married 15 years....

Old 10-24-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Wife # 2....met on blind date...moved in together that night, married 2 mos later divorced 17 yrs later, never had an argument....

Holy crap!

Old 10-24-2009, 01:58 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post

What about wife #1?

Old 10-24-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
What about wife #1?
They met when they were 2...broke it off because she was potty trained before him.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:46 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,224,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Have you ever experienced an immediate and complete connection with someone, within just a few days? One where you felt that this person could be "the one"? I'm NOT talking about a sexual hookup either, so throw out those experiences.

Have you, or anyone you know, ever experienced this? Did it last? Or did it burn out just as quickly?

Sort of. We met online in the early ages of the internet (1991). There were no "chatrooms" then, but we exchanged long emails several times each day and felt like we knew each other very well after a couple months. We were both at the end of long marriages. She was from NJ where divorces are long and drawn-out (I think to keep all the lawyers employed), and I had just filed for divorce.

I was going to be in NYC for a convention and asked her if she'd show me around. We didn't really get to see much of NYC, and I didn't see much of the convention. There was an immediate and intense connection when we met in person. I made one more trip to NJ to see her a couple months later, after my divorce was final, and this time I left my car there so she'd have decent transportation. (Her car was on its last wheels, and I had a spare vehicle.) A month after that, when her divorce was final, she packed the car with enough belongings to last for a month or two and headed west.

It was supposed to be a "visit", but she never left, and we were married 10 months later. There was never much doubt in our minds, I don't think, that we wouldn't spend the rest of our lives together. Unfortunately, she died suddenly and unexpectedly 3.5 years after she moved here.

I love my "new" wife very much, but I don't think two people could be closer than my late wife and I were during those short years. It seemed like we started out as one person in two bodies and kept getting closer every day. Our relationship didn't pass the "test of time," but I have no doubt that it would have -- with flying colors.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:08 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,193 times
Quote:
Have you ever experienced an immediate and complete connection with someone, within just a few days? One where you felt that this person could be "the one"? I'm NOT talking about a sexual hookup either, so throw out those experiences.

Have you, or anyone you know, ever experienced this? Did it last? Or did it burn out just as quickly?
Yes, my husband. We met on a Sunday and moved in together on the following Thursday. This was in 1990 and we are still together. Not that it has been easy the entire time (we were 21 when we met) but that comes with most relationships.

Jill

Old 10-24-2009, 06:12 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,193 times
Quote:
Hmmmm. Actually, the night my ex-husband and I met, he told his best friend that he was going to marry me. Yeesh. I forgot about that one.
My husband did the same. We met (he still teases me about the double take I did when I saw him) at my work, I gave him a ride home and my phone #, he told his roommate that he met the woman he is going to marry (and I found out he told him mom the same thing), and the rest is history. While he can have his frustrating moments (who doesn't?), he was/is a keeper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships