Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2009, 08:32 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,894,224 times

Advertisements

I live in the real world.

You don't deal in reality period. That is the big difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 08:34 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardius View Post
I live in the real world.

You don't deal in reality period. That is the big difference.
I have back read some of your posts. Don't you live in LA? LOL yea, that's the real world.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:35 PM

Now click your heels three times together and say there is no place like home.....

Old 10-28-2009, 08:37 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardius View Post
Now click your heels three times together and say there is no place like home.....
Another *News Flash* - just because you're posting in LA does not mean your readers are in LA.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:39 PM

There is no place like home. There is no place like home.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:49 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Yes, of course. It's about the sexy man. How couldn't it be?
I almost sprayed my computer screen with iced tea. LOL.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:08 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,164,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You're right in that a true Feminist is really a Humanist, but wrong that Feminism in its true form is about sexism. Even as recently as 50 years ago (ever watch Mad Men?) women were being treated as servants, as less important and less capable than men. Early Feminism was about levelling the playing field, not about emasculating men.
You may think Feminism isn't necessary anymore, but a lot of times men don't see where it's still needed. There's still a mindset in some men (we even see it on C-D) that women are silly and irrational and emotional, and their opinions and needs aren't important. Women are still looked at as sexual objects and not people. At work, I share an office with a male colleague, and I can't tell you the number of times that people come to see him and just assume I'm his secretary (and are truly condescending) because I'm a woman.
So, yeah, in a perfect world, we wouldn't have Feminism and everyone would be equal. We don't live in a perfect world.
I never said feminist where humanist. Feminist are sexist, because they fell the need to distinguish their sex from any other humanist who happen to be male.
This isn't 50 years ago, this is now. I have met more sexist females, towards other females then I have males who are sexist towards females. What I have see in my short time on earth, is older males and females tend to be sexist, maybe because they where alive 50 yeas ago.
You only have to read a few sentences to see the blatant sexist feminist have.
The Scum Manifesto by Valerie Solanas (1971)

Old 10-29-2009, 06:31 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

Hi 2mares,

I would like to point out that German women fought the Roman legions long before feminism, so did Britons. Soviet women fought in WWII, not exactly a hot bed for feminism. Societies simply acted in a way that seemed practical to them and it is understandable that keeping child bearing women from battle or danger in most societies prevented reduction of the next generation. Most occupations were dangerous, and there was no such thing as formula or day care.

The big problem recently was when divorce laws were relaxed and women who were house wives, were impoverished without compensation. Again, its a rather recent scope. Other ancient societies such as medieval women in Europe, follow the same patterns. High status widows were often denied their property rights. However poor widows would receive alms and assistance. A peasant man would sink or swim and receive no assistance even if he had children.

Yes, Im aware that women have served their countries in battle throughout history. But how were the rewarded for it. They were not treated in the same manner as their male counterparts until after the womens movement. Compare how female soldiers today are regarded to how Joan of Arc was rewarded.

I dont really see the relevance of ancient class structure to modern feminism. Even the poor peasant man had more rights than high status widow or the poor widow.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:39 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
You only have to read a few sentences to see the blatant sexist feminist have.
The Scum Manifesto by Valerie Solanas (1971)
Like you said, this isn't 40 years ago, this is now. Valerie Solanas doesn't speak for today's women.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:47 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
LMAO, people do not realize how much they have been brainwashed.

How can feminism even be legitimate when it was created by the Rockefellers funded by the CIA?

Do your research on Gloria Steinem, who is/or was a CIA puppet.

Clueless sheep, feminism was created to destabilize society.

It hurts both men and women.

Henry Makow wrote a great book on feminism.

It's social engineering at its finest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships