Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 10:23 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,809 times

Advertisements

You guys are right. It's a horrible situation. And it's always the same episode repeating itself; runs off to mom then calls me to tell me he loves me! I love him though, and he's generally nice and pays for almost my every expense, so there's THAT to think about before I make any decision. I spoke my girlfriend about it this morning and she thinks that I should just suck it up since he's the "financier". I don't know if that's right either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 10:27 AM

I would like to add that sometimes when he's calm and in a good mood he admits that he has some boyish behaviours that he needs to work on and improve. It all sounds very nice until the next fight.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:34 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
You guys are right. It's a horrible situation. And it's always the same episode repeating itself; runs off to mom then calls me to tell me he loves me! I love him though, and he's generally nice and pays for almost my every expense, so there's THAT to think about before I make any decision. I spoke my girlfriend about it this morning and she thinks that I should just suck it up since he's the "financier". I don't know if that's right either.
Just know there are 3 of you in that bed, you, his mom, and 1 man-child. Also know if there's a rift, mom will win and he won't stand up for you. On top of all this, he's most likely a cheater who doesn't respect women....except for his mother.

Personally, I'd rather buy my own drinks. Or just stay home.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:35 AM

612 posts, read 1,843,766 times
Quote:
Does that mean that he has some dough?? So does money have a factor here? Remember, love don't cost a thing...

I think everyone is right and that you need to find someone who is on the same level as you maturity wise and doesn't go running to Mommy for every little problem. I'm 20 and never go to my mother with my problems.

As a guy, I can safely confirm that "spending time at a buddy's house" is code for cheating... No 53 year old dude or any adult man stays at a buddies house.

You can choose to talk to him if you want to really work this out or take the less painful road, and let the "kid" go.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:05 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,342,373 times
Um, sorry, 53? And he runs to mommy after each fight? Sorry, you've got a momma's boy there and you're dating both him and his momma. You can't change him. He has to change and chances are, if he hasn't done by the age of 53, he'll never do it.

Like the Banana man said, "let the "kid" go".

Old 10-26-2009, 11:16 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,726,338 times
Quote:
You guys are right. It's a horrible situation. And it's always the same episode repeating itself; runs off to mom then calls me to tell me he loves me! I love him though, and he's generally nice and pays for almost my every expense, so there's THAT to think about before I make any decision. [/b]I spoke my girlfriend about it this morning and she thinks that I should just suck it up since he's the "financier". I don't know if that's right either.
There's a word for women who are in a relationship for the money . . . it's not very flattering. Maybe you should examine your motives. Life is too short to sell yourself cheap.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:17 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
am i the only person on here who thinks that there's nothing wrong with it ?

i hate being forced into conflict.
after an argument, if i want time to cool off, or time on my own, then is that wrong ? granted, i wouldn't go back home, but maybe i haven't had a serious enough argument to have to consider that yet !
that time may vary from 10 minutes doing the dishes, to a day spent in "the shed".

is that any worse than if a woman does it ?

OP, if you love this man, and want to be with him, then this might just be one of those things that you have to learn to live with.

my old buddy used to have a foul temper, and would argue, and storm off, and i'd never see him for a fortnight. i accepted it, because it was his nature.
you may need to do some accepting here.
he is a different person to you, and has different opinions and outlooks

do his good points outweigh the bad ?

can you embrace the differences ?
if not, then you may have a bleak future.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
There's a word for women who are in a relationship for the money . . . it's not very flattering. Maybe you should examine your motives. Life is too short to sell yourself cheap.
Not really, I do not see it that way. He earns a lot more than I do so I think it's nice that he takes responsibilities and take care of things. Sorry but I will not pretend and say I dislike it.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:53 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
Well whatever...work on getting yourself a better paycheck. They don't pull this crap on you. They just do the do.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
am i the only person on here who thinks that there's nothing wrong with it ?

i hate being forced into conflict.
after an argument, if i want time to cool off, or time on my own, then is that wrong ? granted, i wouldn't go back home, but maybe i haven't had a serious enough argument to have to consider that yet !
that time may vary from 10 minutes doing the dishes, to a day spent in "the shed".

is that any worse than if a woman does it ?

OP, if you love this man, and want to be with him, then this might just be one of those things that you have to learn to live with.

my old buddy used to have a foul temper, and would argue, and storm off, and i'd never see him for a fortnight. i accepted it, because it was his nature.
you may need to do some accepting here.
he is a different person to you, and has different opinions and outlooks

do his good points outweigh the bad ?

can you embrace the differences ?
if not, then you may have a bleak future.
Lots of good points, thanks. This is what he says too, that he would rather go out and cool-off before he says something he would regret later. I just hate the fact the only way to do this is to storm off though, make it worse, to his momma. I do not like the fact that his momma has to know every time we have a fight. She's tends to worry a lot when we fight and frankly most of these fights are simply stupid.

To be honest he has so much good points than bad. It's just that this behaviour irritates me so much because it's very immature. Ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships