Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 06:13 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,929,154 times

Advertisements

Sorry. I thought you were going to try and argue with me. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
No, but you saying you have it all figured out is just..wow. Unless, of course, you are psychic how can you possibly know what those other people are thinking?

Hidden bias or prejudice? I don't even know what you are talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 06:14 PM

548 posts, read 1,251,375 times
sophialee, I appreciate your input, don't even argue with artsyguy.

It's just that some people who are minorities may be a lot more sensitive to racism than other people, because they are more likely to deal with it.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:15 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
No. We've established everything. Thanks for trying.
I'm so glad I'm not judgmental about these issues.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:18 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,943,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post

It's just that some people who are minorities may be a lot more sensitive to racism than other people, because they are more likely to deal with it.
There is a big difference between being "sensitive" to it and "looking" for it. You just seem to be looking for it is all that Im saying. I say this just based on your previous posting history which includes starting this particular thread.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:18 PM

That's cool you see my point of view

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I'm so glad I'm not judgmental about these issues.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:19 PM

You are wrong. No black, gay, mexican, jew, etc. goes looking for unfair or hostile treatment. The OP wouldn't be planning on moving if she were looking for problems. That's just absurd to assume that that is the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
There is a big difference between being "sensitive" to it and "looking" for it. You just seem to be looking for it is all that Im saying. I say this just based on your previous posting history which includes starting this particular thread.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:20 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,546,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post

Lol it's ok. I understand what you mean, I'm sure I'm not as sensitive to it. I have dated Indian and Puerto Rican guys tho and never noticed anyone giving us looks, but it's possible I just wasn't paying attn, or figured they were checking one of us out

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
No, but you saying you have it all figured out is just..wow. Unless, of course, you are psychic how can you possibly know what those other people are thinking?

Hidden bias or prejudice? I don't even know what you are talking about.
There are always under lying race issues..many pretend to be ok with it..until the race factor has to be dealt with. Forinstance, me dating a Korean man gave me the blacksheep status with my mom's side of the family all Irish. However the German side my father's side was more accepting hence this side had a few interacial relationship within the family. It took my Irish family 3 or 4 years after my son was born to get used to a little Irish, German, Korean child.

548 posts, read 1,251,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

Well you have never met me in your entire life, so before you jump to conclusions and say that I am looking for 'stares,' I'll invite you to come out with my bf and I to bensonhurst or bedstuy brooklyn

Old 10-26-2009, 06:21 PM

Are you a white lady? Usually everything is cool if the lady is a white Anglo. Most people are cool with that. But if you were a Puerto Rican lady dating a white anglo man people would be like WTF is going on here...and staring and turning red and doing #2 in their overalls.

Quote:
Lol it's ok. I understand what you mean, I'm sure I'm not as sensitive to it. I have dated Indian and Puerto Rican guys tho and never noticed anyone giving us looks, but it's possible I just wasn't paying attn, or figured they were checking one of us out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships