Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 09:32 PM

612 posts, read 1,843,607 times

Advertisements

Alright guys, y'all might remember a thread I started a couple of weeks ago:

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...t-up-girl.html

Well, ever since then I've been talking to her... alot. I'm talking up to 50 texts back and forth during the day. We talk about our days, our problems (well hers mostly), etc. I love getting a text from her and it literally makes my day. I hate not hearing from her and I don't want to seem too needy and I don't text for a few hours.

Now, we just had lunch yesterday and really hit it off (lasted nearly 2 hours). I won't classify it as a date since I view it as picking her up, etc. I did pay for it and we did hug at the end but that's nothing... right? She said to text her if I wanted to hang out again, so that kind of indicated an interest to keep hanging out that day but I had plans. We made plans to hang out some other time but no set date.

Here is my dilemma: I am unsure if she feels the same way. I am bad at reading women. Sure she texts me alot, talks to me about every little thing, constant eye contact, etc. I would like to ask her out on a date: One where I'll pick her up, wine and dine, etc. But some things are preventing me from doing so; main one being that we work together... I know that's a big dating no-no but I tried talking myself out of it but it's not working.

I'm going to stop there and ask my question(s). I can give furthur details later if anyone needs to know...

Ladies, what are some signs that you would give a guy that you are interested in starting something with him? Should I offer to go on another outing in the near future? How can I give her signs that I like her but not be too obvious?

Hope I've made sense and this wasn't too long. Thanks y'all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 09:42 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Ask her out! Be confident without being cocky. Ask her out. Sorry you are asking for ladies advise. She kept making eye contact with you and talked for that long there is something there and she seems interested.

For the love of everything good ask her out. She likely feels the same way.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl78 View Post
Ask her out! Be confident without being cocky. Ask her out. Sorry you are asking for ladies advise. She kept making eye contact with you and talked for that long there is something there and she seems interested.

For the love of everything good ask her out. She likely feels the same way.
Ok gentlemen's advice too LOL... but thanks for the reply man. I guess I just need reassuring and of course, I'm a little "afraid" of rejection lol.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:00 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Rejections sucks, but not knowing sucks even more.

Its better to have loved and lost, than won and be forever bossed.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:21 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
If she keeps coming back - and doesn't tell you you're like a big brother to her - you're in.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
If she keeps coming back - and doesn't tell you you're like a big brother to her - you're in.
That would be odd seeing as I'm younger than her lol but ok.

Last edited by Johnny Bananas; 10-27-2009 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 10-27-2009, 10:43 PM

467 posts, read 778,128 times
If I may throw in my 2c...

Don't wait any longer. Do something fun on your next outing, something where you're likely to be laughing. Maybe bowling? Mini-Golf? Something that brings out uncoordinated behavior is always great. Anything along those lines, but no pool! Anyway, about 3/4 of the way through the 'date' give her a spontaneous kiss. Don't think about it, find a decent time and do it. No tongue! Closed mouth only! If she isn't into it, you'll know. She will probably look stunned, then you apologize, and judging from what you've said above she'll be quick to forgive you. Be courteous, act honorably, but don't go through another pseudo date without a kiss. Don't feel like it has to be an official date in any way for you to do this, the more spontaneous the better. The night also doesn't have to go perfect, people stress about everything going perfect throughout the night. Just have a normal hangout, but add the kiss part. Oh, and don't freak out and give her a hard peck, soft lips only, no lip flexing. Yuck, I'm done talking about man lips now. Good luck JB!

Old 10-27-2009, 10:49 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedew View Post

Don't wait any longer. Do something fun on your next outing, something where you're likely to be laughing. Maybe bowling? Mini-Golf? Something that brings out uncoordinated behavior is always great. Anything along those lines, but no pool! Anyway, about 3/4 of the way through the 'date' give her a spontaneous kiss. Don't think about it, find a decent time and do it. No tongue! Closed mouth only! If she isn't into it, you'll know. She will probably look stunned, then you apologize, and judging from what you've said above she'll be quick to forgive you. Be courteous, act honorably, but don't go through another pseudo date without a kiss. Don't feel like it has to be an official date in any way for you to do this, the more spontaneous the better. The night also doesn't have to go perfect, people stress about everything going perfect throughout the night. Just have a normal hangout, but add the kiss part. Oh, and don't freak out and give her a hard peck, soft lips only, no lip flexing. Yuck, I'm done talking about man lips now. Good luck JB!
Be careful with mini golf! My ex took me out one time thinking it would be fun to watch me be all cute trying to hit the ball in the hole. He didn't know that I am a puttputt ninja and I kicked his butt. lol. He was not prepared to lose.

If you can't stand getting your ass handed to you, don't take her to something competitive.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedew View Post

Hey anybody's 2cents is welcomed!

Fun date sounds good. I'll have to come up with some... Maybe bowling since I joked with her today about how bad I bowled last night while I was drunk lol. No, I didn't text her when I was drunk if that's what you're thinking. The kiss part sounds a little risky but who knows... If we are really hitting it off next time, then I will go for it whether it's another psuedo lunch (on the cheek) or an actual date...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Be careful with mini golf! My ex took me out one time thinking it would be fun to watch me be all cute trying to hit the ball in the hole. He didn't know that I am a puttputt ninja and I kicked his butt. lol. He was not prepared to lose.

If you can't stand getting your ass handed to you, don't take her to something competitive.
I went on a mini-putt date in August and had a good time. It was a real ice-breaker since we were both bad (even though I golf on occasion). I can handle to lose, especially to beautiful girl.

By the way, would it be weird if she invited me to join her in the hottub in the near future? She brought it up during lunch and it caught me off-guard lol.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:57 PM

429 posts, read 1,148,310 times
A woman will often find a way to make physical contact if she's interested, like touching your arm during conversation or sitting close to you on a bench. Did she initiate that hug?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships