Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 07:27 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinbranson View Post
by the time you get to be 30 your definition of love will change about forty gazillion times. Life changes us, and changes what we want and look for in our life-mates.

The wise person sits back and waits and watches and learns and listens. The hard part (no pun intended) is keeping your hormones under control and not jumping into relationships that *seem* for all the world like love at the time, but later, in retrospect, were something else indeed. You cannot blame young people for being young. Making some mistakes is what it is all about.

The only advice i can give you is to go out and enjoy your life and learn what kind of woman you want to spend the rest of your life with. But please use some kind of manly birth control because your life and your future will come to a very abrupt and unpleasant halt if some girlie turns up preggers at your expense. You will regret it for the rest of your life.

So have fun and work hard and somewhere along the way bells will ring and you will just *know*.

20yrsinbranson
Bingo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 08:03 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwy View Post
My father says that I'll have plenty of time for love after I'm a doctor, but I'll be so old... like 30! ... NO I'm not calling people who are over 30 old... But to go 13 years being single seems so hard! YES! I know I could just have female friends, but lets be real here! I'm talking about women that I'm attracted to. I'm gonna try and ask her out before someone else gets her! If I'm not attracted to her of coarse I can just be friends... Plus my dad says all that but he and my mom meet freshman year in college...
Why can't you meet a girl in college, or in medical school?

You act like it is impossible.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:13 AM

378 posts, read 1,063,513 times
Whatever you do be careful. There are some girls looking to latch onto a doctor for money and prestige and it is not about YOU. I know, I am an NP and my brother is a surgeon. Being a doctor means you will have a demanding career and your spouse must understand that just because often it SEEMS like your job may be first it doesn't mean your not doing your best to juggle. A non medical person can find it hard to understand the sacrifices you must make. I would suggest maybe trying to end up with your mate being another doctor like someone you meet in school or residency and you are going through it together. What a way to cement a friendship and understand what you are both going through and the sacrifices of the lifestyle. You could build such an awesome life together. I know several physician couples like this and they all seem happy. They have children and are able to juggle their schedule effectively and have a very nice life. Good luck on your future.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:29 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Default A question for women who are 35 or older about LOVE!!!

Quote:
I have serious question for women who are 35 or older...

Is it easier or harder for you to fall in love?
At the age of 50, I still see plenty of fine men to crush upon. I don't feel jaded at all, but as I got older, I just got pickier and smarter about the men I will actually consider dating and being in a relationship with. When I was in high school and college, it was enough that a guy was my idea of handsome. How smart he was or what his long term outlook on life didn't matter to me. Over time, I learned from my failed relationships what traits in a man were important to me.

Even as my list of deal breakers grew, I had no trouble finding guys that fit my idea of a good man to date. I am not a bitter woman. I hold no grudges with my exes. Perhaps if anyone is bitter it *might* be a man that likes me that I'm not interested in dating... like a cigarette smoker, a non-intellectual or a guy with kids.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:02 AM
qwy qwy started this thread

296 posts, read 520,325 times
Thanks everyone for all you advice.

But most of you are forgetting the part where I admited that I have in the past placed girlfriends before school (which is way dad wants me to go to an all male college) and also I just never wanted to date anyone in the medical that's why I do consider meeting someone in med-school.

Based off all the answers I've recieved so far I have another question I'd like to ask... What do most of you mean when you say a woman in her 30's view of love is different from her views when she's in her 20's?

Old 10-29-2009, 12:12 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,324,850 times
Quote:
What do most of you mean when you say a woman in her 30's view of love is different from her views when she's in her 20's?
When you are twenty, you fall for the sexy bad boys who don't treat you right and generally have no future anywhere but maybe in jail. You mistake sex appeal for love. When you are older, you are smarter and less likely to find guys who are going nowhere fast, sexy. Or maybe that's just me.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:26 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
I remember when I was in college and my long-term boyfriend said he didn't want to get married until he was 30. By that time I was going to be twenty-six! I was mortified!

Looking back, it was one of many very wise things he imparted to me. The best decision I ever made in my life was to wait until I was "older" to get married. I didn't marry the college boyfriend, but we parted very amicably and I went on to have lots of fun meeting different men and dating around. Sure, I got my heart broken a time or two, but it always healed and was always open for the right man to steal it away forever. That's the whole point of dating -- meeting people, getting to know them and weeding out the wrong ones as you learn about them and develop an understanding of what you want out of a relationship.

I loved being single! Loved it, loved it, loved it! It's FUN! But I LOVE being married now, too. And I'm convinced I love it even more because I was way more mature by the time I took the plunge into such an important commitment.

I have the BEST husband in the world. I still sometimes get butterflies in my chest or feel weak in my knees when I think of him or when he kisses me. Love is not age-specific.

Stop worrying about finding true love and settling down. I promise there will be PLENTY of time for that!

Old 10-29-2009, 10:52 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
I'm not a 35-year-old woman, but I've dated and been married to women in their teens, 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s. Women in their 30s and older are definitely more romantic. Heck, even lots of 20-year-old guys realize that! Obviously my sampling of romantic partners is too small to be statistically accurate, but my experiences have so strongly favored the more mature woman that I do believe my conclusions are true. If you remain single until you're 30 and a neurosurgeon, you'll have no problem finding a woman of your age who considers you a knight in shining armor. Your only problem will be separating them from the ones who see you as a provider of big homes and luxury vacations.

If I could be in your shoes, I'd not be in any hurry to get into a serious relationship. If it happens, it happens, but you apparently have goals, and I'd keep my eye on those goals until you attain them. Good luck!

Old 11-02-2009, 02:13 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,004 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone for all you advice.

But most of you are forgetting the part where I admited that I have in the past placed girlfriends before school (which is way dad wants me to go to an all male college) and also I just never wanted to date anyone in the medical that's why I do consider meeting someone in med-school.

Based off all the answers I've recieved so far I have another question I'd like to ask... What do most of you mean when you say a woman in her 30's view of love is different from her views when she's in her 20's?
We become cynical and jaded.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:46 PM
qwy qwy started this thread

296 posts, read 520,325 times
okay so what I've learned so far from all the reply's plus what I've gathered from reading other relationship forums is that when you my age you are more trustworthy about love but when you hit 30 and up you are more cautious about trusting someone with your heart...

I guess my biggest fear is if I don't meet that special someone until I get older I may just be settling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships