Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 05:06 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
I don't know why what I look like would matter. I just like women to wear dresses instead of trousers. I'm not a sexist at all. I just wish we could go back to the days when girls were girls and men were men.
I do only wear skirts and dresses, do wear pearls , am extremely feminine and yet have a brain of my own and am even quite capable of not being a doormat ! Amazing but one can be feminine and still be on equal footing with her partner.
We share tasks equally, I am probably far more practical than him in a lot of respect and have trekked around the world on my own, can hunt and fish ( where I have to admit to wearing trousers as a more practical alternative to skirts!) and do not feel I need to cook for a man and treat him like a god to be a real "girl" as you put it. Actually I don't like the word girl at my age, I am a WOMAN. One can be utterly feminine and still liberated and not a domestic goddess of drudgery ! This is 2007 not 1897. Women have brains, and can be whatever they chose to be. Wake up and smell the coffee Vasinger.

Old 05-11-2007, 05:09 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
a wise man,,,brings out and enhances the inner beauty of a woman,,and when
his woman "shines" life will be ten times better, than putting her down for what shes not,,,

Old 05-11-2007, 05:12 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
a wise man,,,brings out and enhances the inner beauty of a woman,,and when
his woman "shines" life will be ten times better, than putting her down for what shes not,,,
Hear, hear MaineBrokerman!

Old 05-11-2007, 10:48 AM

243 posts, read 887,427 times
Talking Women

Yes, I agree!!!!! I am in my late 50's, work a full time office job, wear dresses on a regular basis go home cook supper and breakfast on weekends, clean house do the laundry and enjoy life. My hubby works full time, fixes what needs fixing in the house and works on our cars and enjoys his hobbies and we are perfectly happy. I think it would be wonderful to see girls look and act like girls these days instead of slobs they have become. It is true and don't make up excuses that you work and raise childern as I have done that too. Just get with it and enjoy being a girl. The benefits are great!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing wrong with looking like and being treated like a lady. It really doesn't make you less of a woman but make you a great woman when you can juggle daily life and still be lady like.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:59 PM

63 posts, read 212,535 times
Quote:
I don't know why what I look like would matter. I just like women to wear dresses instead of trousers. I'm not a sexist at all. I just wish we could go back to the days when girls were girls and men were men.
Back to the days....I agree to a point. Back then, when men were men, they did not have a remote attached to their hand that rested on a beer belly and they went to church with the family on Sunday.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:34 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
I just wish we could go back to the days when girls were girls and men were men.
Oh, you mean when men went work all day and the women stayed home and took care of the house? Most of those women were bored stiff and alcoholic because they had nothing to do all day.

I'll take my beautiful, genius (99th percentile) wife any day. Playing Jeopardy around here is a hoot!

Old 05-11-2007, 11:11 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,798,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I do only wear skirts and dresses, do wear pearls , am extremely feminine and yet have a brain of my own and am even quite capable of not being a doormat ! Amazing but one can be feminine and still be on equal footing with her partner.
We share tasks equally, I am probably far more practical than him in a lot of respect and have trekked around the world on my own, can hunt and fish ( where I have to admit to wearing trousers as a more practical alternative to skirts!) and do not feel I need to cook for a man and treat him like a god to be a real "girl" as you put it. Actually I don't like the word girl at my age, I am a WOMAN. One can be utterly feminine and still liberated and not a domestic goddess of drudgery ! This is 2007 not 1897. Women have brains, and can be whatever they chose to be. Wake up and smell the coffee Vasinger.
Now thats what I call a Woman !

Old 05-12-2007, 07:42 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
It would be a lot nicer world if women wore more dresses and pearls and high heels and cooked supper every night for their hard working husbands.
Wait now, I said you look a little like Dean Cain in one of your pics, I meant to say the Beav... LOL

Old 05-12-2007, 02:13 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
I wear dresses and high heels but you'll never, ever find me in a kitchen slaving away for some man! By the way, I look pretty damn hot in a pair of tight pants too.

Old 05-12-2007, 03:03 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,780,072 times

I am wife and mother before I am anything else. Those are the most important jobs in the world. It in no way compromises who I am in any way shape of form.
I am well educated and have a mind of my own, and I try my best to be the very best woman I can be and that includes making life easier for my spouse.
In turn, he makes mine easier...I feel fully woman at all times.

MBG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships