Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 11:05 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,178,879 times

Advertisements

one of the toughest and testing endeavors you will partake in......that said your life will be enriched beyond belief, your heart will feel emotion and love beyond anything you have experienced.
Your free time and private time disappear, those intimate private moments with your spouse seemingly just fade for some time. If you go into it prepared and ready for that measure of commitment then you will be truly rewarded
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 11:21 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post
one of the toughest and testing endeavors you will partake in......that said your life will be enriched beyond belief, your heart will feel emotion and love beyond anything you have experienced.
Your free time and private time disappear, those intimate private moments with your spouse seemingly just fade for some time. If you go into it prepared and ready for that measure of commitment then you will be truly rewarded
Tried to rep ya', but the powers that be want me to spread the love around first.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:01 AM

22,146 posts, read 19,198,797 times
how does having kids affect the relationship with husband and wife?

in a nutshell,
it makes the good things better
and it makes the bad things worse

the cracks already in the relationship will get worse

just make sure you don't have kids for the "wrong reasons" such as trying to please the grandparents, or trying to "fix" problems in a relationship, or trying to please your spouse

i used to hate it when pregnant with our first child, people kept saying "your life will never be the same, your marriage will never be the same" because I would think to myself "but I like my life, i like my marriage just the way it is." But they were right.

Men can get upset about feeling they have been displaced, that baby and the mom get all the attention and they are unimportant and left out in the cold. Men can get upset about not receiving the same level of time and attention from their wife. Men can get upset about less sex, periods with no sex, wife not being in the mood for sex for a variety of reasons. Men can "lose their sex drive" towards a woman when she turns in his mind from "wife" or "lover" to "mom." A lot of men share very honestly that they don't see their wife as "sexy" anymore once they see her as a mom.

Those are real. They do happen. You are asking in the opening very good questions. It is better to go into a major life change with your eyes open and a realistic view. Good for you for asking.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:39 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,065,882 times
Most of our arguments are over our son. My husband and I have 'somewhat' different parenting styles. He tends to over-react over things I try to be more mellow about and visa versa.

We were married 5 years before we had our son. I love being a mom and our family is complete with my son and (now) our dog.

Having kid(s) does alter a relationship. Someone has to get up with the baby. Someone has to earn $. Kids get sick. You get sleep deprived.

You do also get endless fun and love and joy.

It's going to be a change, that is for sure.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:57 AM

22,146 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Most of our arguments are over our son. My husband and I have 'somewhat' different parenting styles. He tends to over-react over things I try to be more mellow about and visa versa.
gypsy makes a good point here.

we ended up arguing about things that were never even an issue until we had kids....how to raise the kids, how to discipline the kids, how to treat kids with respect, how to spend money or not on the kids, what to feed the kids, how to educate the kids, on and on and on.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:14 PM

273 posts, read 684,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Raising a family is stressful! Especially, if you have a partner who is passive and leaves all the disciplining up to you.. It may end up being a good cop, bad cop scenario-which I can tell you it gets old fast!

Hopefully, you and your chosen mate compliment each other. It will still be hard work, but at least a work together

Sorry Hobo, I haven't gotten much sleep lately, so my mind is a little slow...

It has had a negative affect on our relationship, due to the stress. We don't have much family support though, and you MUST have that to survive it-IMO.

Totally agree with this if you both have strong personalities that would be better in raising kids it does put alot of stress on your relationship. I am being honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships