Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 08:50 AM

432 posts, read 605,109 times

Advertisements

What do women think of men that like to be on there own and do their own thing?

Would you even date or start a relationship with someone who doesn't have any close friends?

Would you date a "new guy" in town, that is a loner but also wants to meet some people?

How much importance do women put on a man's social surroundings?

Old 10-31-2009, 09:05 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManGoneADreamin View Post

A man who can enjoy his own company is a healthy man as long as it's not exclusive of also enjoying being with other people. There's a balance there.

Would you even date or start a relationship with someone who doesn't have any close friends?

No. I would be very leery of a man who had no close friends.

Would you date a "new guy" in town, that is a loner but also wants to meet some people?

Of course and I'd be happy to show him the ropes in his new environment.

Not sure what this means.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:36 AM

943 posts, read 2,280,772 times
If he isnt new to town, and has lived there for years and has no friends, that is RED FLAG time. {well unless he lives in a certain most unfriendly town I just posted on}

Don't trust LONERS. now shy types, independent ok....

I married someone who had very few friends, or attachements, should have served as a warning!

Old 10-31-2009, 10:05 AM

1,988 posts, read 5,385,202 times
I think a happy medium is best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManGoneADreamin View Post

I like an independent guy. I hate feeling like I am that person's only source of entertainment. Too much pressure.

It depends on why he doesn't have any close friends. If he continually says things like "all people suck, so I avoid them." that would be a huge red flag. If it's because he moved away from his home town and hasn't made new friends yet, that's not such a big deal.

Sure, assuming he was someone I wanted to date anyway. I wouldn't hold that against him.

That depends on the woman. Some place more importance on it than others. I think one can tell a lot about a person by observing how he interacts with his friends and family - traits like loyalty, honesty, tolerance of others, etc.
I don't want some party guy who is out all hours getting drunk with his friends 7 nights a week; but I also wouldn't want to be someone's only source of entertainment (see answer to the first question).

Old 10-31-2009, 01:24 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Why would the number of friends matter to a woman as long as he had hobbies and didnt need to be around her 24/7.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:47 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Why would the number of friends matter to a woman as long as he had hobbies and didnt need to be around her 24/7.
Grasshopper, you are not a woman and therefore cannot answer the questions posed. There is no need for you to hijack this thread with another of your silly questions. Good opportunity for you to start another inane thread of your own ...

Old 10-31-2009, 04:38 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
I kinda beg to differ on alot of the comments.

I am a loner type. I don't have alot of close friends but it's my choice. It's not like I don't get along with people. I think most people are idiots. I guess my thinking is alittle deeper than most.

I would like to enjoy things that some of the mainstream wouldn't. Like for instance, all the guys are going out on the town to do...oh whatever. We are walking down the street together and all of them are talking about really stupid stuff. Childish BS. I am admiring the designs on the ancient buildings as we walk down the street. I am looking at the stars in the sky that intrigue me. When they look back at me and I am in lala land they tend to shy away from inviting me to the "guys" night out. Which is fine with me.

Am I wrong?

Old 10-31-2009, 04:47 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Am I wrong?

Yes.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:28 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
Default funnyman

I am very much like yourself. Most women who are attracted to me just want to try to change me and i can see thru it a mile away

unfortunately i am very much like what the other posters describe. I have lived in this area for a long time and don't have close friends. if anything they're at the job. but basically i find it impossible to change and it's not worth going out because i feel no one will accept me for what i am

i don't feel depressed about it either i just accept it

and i am a workaholic, i am a professional and i have been on my own sice the early 90's

Old 10-31-2009, 07:25 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
I don't think women view loners highly. it's how people in general think.

i'm a bit of a loner, but i don't think people like/respect me much. i don't know why, but I cannot control others' thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships