Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 09:05 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Damn girl calm down its only been two months...its not like you have been dating for years. Maybe something serious did happen...perhaps he is not ready to share it with you yet. I cancelled on a dude before...he called after a few weeks to see what was wrong with me...I later inform him my father died..and I was very depressed. I was 21 at the time.
That's along the lines of what I'm thinking.

I don't get along with my Dad. He has done things to the family that I don't approve of. Talking about it is upsetting and frustrating sometimes. And in the past when he came around the house when I was still living with my Mom, it brought all of that to the surface. Sometimes, when someone says, "I don't want to talk about it" they mean they don't want to talk about it.

Also, the last thing I am going to do is go through the history of the father-son dysfunctional relationship with someone I've only been dating for 2 months because I don't want to bore her with the such information. In the absence of details and evidence from the OP's "boyfriend", I am inclined to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. No need to crucify the guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 09:06 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
ThankYou Darlin'...(i can't rep u) (bad is good) lol

Your welcome!!!!

Old 10-31-2009, 09:09 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
That's along the lines of what I'm thinking.

I don't get along with my Dad. He has done things to the family that I don't approve of. Talking about it is upsetting and frustrating sometimes. And in the past when he came around the house when I was still living with my Mom, it brought all of that to the surface. Sometimes, when someone says, "I don't want to talk about it" they mean they don't want to talk about it.

Also, the last thing I am going to do is go through the history of the father-son dysfunctional relationship with someone I've only been dating for 2 months because I don't want to bore her with the such information. In the absence of details and evidence from the OP's "boyfriend", I am inclined to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. No need to crucify the guy.
Yeah sometimes your business is your business until the relationship is in the long running.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:31 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Wow. It is amazing that people just jump on the other extreme to defend the BF that nobody knows, instead of seeing the damage that he caused the OP.

First of all. I'm sorry to hear about that. That is rude of him. He is also leading you on. It isn't your fault that he has lead you on. You thought it was a more meaningful relationship and that is why there are these problems you are bringing to the forum.

If you had a scheduled date or appointment with him and he just keeps saying "I have do something else" and cancels at the last second then that is just rude and disrespectful of you. It isn't proper manners. And if it was a relationship then I'm assuming it was somewhat steady-going. Also friends who do that to each other aren't really considered friends. Being unreliable is not a good sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True -- two months doesn't give someone ownership and possession of another person. There's something about keeping it light and just fun for a time before believing the other has made some commitment they never made.

The man really owes no explanation, he's not a husband, not a fiance, not a steady -- he's just someone who has other plans for whatever reason.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:34 PM

Thank you Rhonda. Finally somebody who understands that canceling at the last moment and being unreliable is really rude even for a 2 month relationship. Since when is a 2 month relationship nothing???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrhonda View Post
Dear Joei, I have to agree! Why should you be the one who is in pain & wants to cry? Let him get a taste of his own medicine....if you know why he backed out of your date at the last minute, why bother? You're hurting yourself by allowing this ASS of a guy take control of your emotions & feelings. That hurts any of us, yet it seems like you feel as though you deserve to be hurt & disappointed! Do you feel as though you're the bad person in this particular situation?? Put it to a halt & by no means cry over the ASS! If you think he's at "YOUR" place at this time; remember, we fall back an hour tonight which gives you an extra hour to have at it, you know? Get off the computer, put on a killer outfit & hit "your place" & if he is or isn't there, strut your stuff! Get a bit of self-esteem & you just might meet the person you deserve to have in your life! Go for it!

Old 10-31-2009, 09:38 PM

Hey friend, if he took you on vacation and you waited to sleep with him to see if he was a good guy then I can understand how you feel used and kicked to the curb. That is just wrong. A lot of the forum people will not understand you. FWB and F buddies are the norm for most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
We slept together once...couple weeks ago when he took me on vacation. Im fixing to tell him, "since he dont think I deserve an answer, we might as well end this right now!"

Old 10-31-2009, 09:41 PM

2 months relationship means something. I can tell you even two dates is something. Because if you are real serious about relationships and this guy is a doofus or a bozo that lead you on and on the side is married or seeing other women in a serious way then there are going to be some major problems <emotionally>. Be careful out there....straight people and gay people.

Quote:
I didnt mean kill him, I meant kill the relationship.

And it may have only been 2 months, but it doesnt matter. A person who disrespects you after knowing you for a month is no less off the hook than someone who has known you for years....Thats why I wanna kill him!

Old 10-31-2009, 09:42 PM

How is she a child for being blown off? She didn't see it coming and it was a major blow to her self esteem. Let's be a little more caring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You must be young, no disrespect but you're coming off as a petulant child here.

I do agree with you though, it was rude of him.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:45 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
I already know the answer, and its yes...

But I want to ask some of you real quick. This guy I been seeing for going on 2 months now, cancels our date for tonight. I called him, he texts back with a sob story about re-scheduling. I say, because of? He says "its personal". I told that *****, well you want to hide behind text messages, I cant help but wonder what the **** is going on? He hasnt replied back. Thats pretty messed up he'd cancel a date last minute like this without a good reason.

So he was supposed to had been done with his X. I dont think it is. And we talked about this before and I told myself if he cancels 1 date with me and gives me some blank reason, Im done with him. Period.

Should I walk out of (kill) this?
No respect now, don't expect any later.
Looks like you've set your guidelines for the relationship.
You know the rest...........

Old 10-31-2009, 09:45 PM

Joei, you are asking advice from people that don't know much about relationships. They think blowing people off at the last minute and providing evasive texts is a polite and reasonable thing to do. I have had friends that would repeatedly do that. It was so irritating. It was like they were intentionally trying to drive me insane. But they would always have some BS excuse like "My friend just broke up with her BF I need to be with her", or one friend described herself as a "moody broad". etc. You just know these people aren't your real friends and they are too much of a coward to tell you that they don't like you to your face.

Quote:
Yes it does make me mad. We had a date for tonight. What could be so personal that he stand me up, and...and...ugh Im so mad I just wanna cry.

For it to be so last minute, I have every right to be as upset as I am. Now I have to scramble around at the last minute looking for something to do on Halloween night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships