Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 09:51 PM

19,384 posts, read 15,220,746 times

Advertisements

I know how backward that sounds, but after reading some threads here recently about introverts, I just thought I'd ask. I know there are introvert groups online, but does anyone here actually belong to one, and do they actually have get-togethers? If they do, that just seems like the funniest thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 10:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I know how backward that sounds, but after reading some threads here recently about introverts, I just thought I'd ask. I know there are introvert groups online, but does anyone here actually belong to one, and do they actually have get-togethers? If they do, that just seems like the funniest thing.
Kinda defeats the idea, doesn't it?! A group online is fine, but actually meet...

Joke aside, I wouldn't be into big get-togethers of any sort, but I have met people I've gotten to know online and most likely will keep doing it occasionally. Wish something more meaningful came out of these meetings as lately they've been "one-night stands" with women while I was hoping for perhaps some sort of friendship, but oh, well... I'm interested mostly in local people. A national get-together wouldn't add much, if anything, to my life.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Kinda defeats the idea, doesn't it?! A group online is fine, but actually meet...

Joke aside, I wouldn't be into big get-togethers of any sort, but I have met people I've gotten to know online and most likely will keep doing it occasionally. Wish something more meaningful came out of these meetings as lately they've been "one-night stands" with women while I was hoping for perhaps some sort of friendship, but oh, well... I'm interested mostly in local people. A national get-together wouldn't add much, if anything, to my life.
Yes, that's exactly my point, it's an oxymoron. It's not like I'm looking to join one... Figures you'd be the first one to respond, sierra.

Oh, yeah, I remember you mentioning some "dates" (or was it "interviews"), as you jokingly referred to them (being they were women), but I didn't realize you had met them online.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:42 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Oh, yeah, I remember you mentioning some "dates," as you jokingly referred to them (being they were women), but I didn't realize you had met them online.
At least 2 of them went very well, I thought... but that was it. Now tell me how to even think of venturing into men!

Old 11-01-2009, 11:46 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
"I refuse to belong to any club that would have me as a member."

Old 11-02-2009, 12:10 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,164,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Forums are different, as soon as you no longer feel like talking you close the window and walk away...

Old 11-02-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
"I refuse to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
Haha, exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Forums are different, as soon as you no longer feel like talking you close the window and walk away...
Yep, and that's why I'm so chipper, chatty and verbose here. I can leave at any time!

Old 07-02-2015, 12:33 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
I date back to the stand alone, dial up bbs time. We did occasionally meet other users, and as we had a bbs we knew the other sysops and met monthly for dinner. But that was a looong time ago. Computer literacy was iffy, and people who wanted to own their own were considered very odd people. So we often got along well.

I got to know a few people on I-link and Relay net and Fido. We were still in the 'odd ones' catagory of home computer users then. Then came the newsgroups and the invasion of those who just liked to make trouble. But I did meet friends I still have from the fanfiction community for Star Trek.

The forums you find now have sort of gone back to the old style. I feel very comfortable on most where the social stuff and sharing your whole life on line just gives me the creeps. I think it splits us by personality. But when I find a forum I really enjoy, I give it lots of love.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:04 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I date back to the stand alone, dial up bbs time. We did occasionally meet other users, and as we had a bbs we knew the other sysops and met monthly for dinner. But that was a looong time ago. Computer literacy was iffy, and people who wanted to own their own were considered very odd people. So we often got along well.

I got to know a few people on I-link and Relay net and Fido. We were still in the 'odd ones' catagory of home computer users then. Then came the newsgroups and the invasion of those who just liked to make trouble. But I did meet friends I still have from the fanfiction community for Star Trek.

The forums you find now have sort of gone back to the old style. I feel very comfortable on most where the social stuff and sharing your whole life on line just gives me the creeps. I think it splits us by personality. But when I find a forum I really enjoy, I give it lots of love.
This thread is from 2009

Old 07-02-2015, 09:27 AM

783 posts, read 849,265 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships