Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 10:43 PM

612 posts, read 1,843,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Or buried it deeper... Anyway, it's your life, your choice of what to do, and your "relationship" that will never be, if you ask me.

Sheesh, started talking in rhymes late at night! ;-)
Hey, I didn't say I was going to reply to any of her texts tomorrow or the next day. I'm still debating that but knowing me, I'm going to kiss her a** some more by replying on the spot. I might just cut back on texts and not reply to every single damn text. I counted (yes counted lame I know) 141 text messages between me and her in a 5 hour span Friday night. That is too much. Before that, that was my monthly total.

But hey, speaking of rhyming... I think I'm going back to my song-writing. I used to write for hours on end in high school and I miss it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 10:44 PM

37,615 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post
Cheesie, I appreciate your advice and you might've just saved my a$$.
No magic there...just remember it's always better to NOT be dramatic. Usually that will backfire. At worst, you may end up with a great friend. At best....who knows.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:46 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
I don't think it's wise to stop texting all together. It's rude to say the least. I think you can act less interested which can help her and you.

It seems as though you need to come to terms with what she wants, or doesn't want, from you. Until then, I would tread lightly. If you want her to remain a part of your life you're going to have to deal with the situation without playing games.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:47 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
knowing me, I'm going to kiss her a** some more by replying on the spot
Replying on the spot does not get anybody hot!

Seriously, you need to learn a little about human psychology...

Old 11-01-2009, 10:48 PM

37,615 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Hey, I didn't say I was going to reply to any of her texts tomorrow or the next day. I'm still debating that but knowing me, I'm going to kiss her a** some more by replying on the spot. I might just cut back on texts and not reply to every single damn text. I counted (yes counted lame I know) 141 text messages between me and her in a 5 hour span Friday night. That is too much. Before that, that was my monthly total.
Now THAT would be nuts.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:55 PM

See how fast I'm responding to y'all? This is how fast I respond to her texts which I think... no wait.... KNOW that is shows desperateness and clinginess (sp?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No magic there...just remember it's always better to NOT be dramatic. Usually that will backfire. At worst, you may end up with a great friend. At best....who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I don't think it's wise to stop texting all together. It's rude to say the least. I think you can act less interested which can help her and you.

It seems as though you need to come to terms with what she wants, or doesn't want, from you. Until then, I would tread lightly. If you want her to remain a part of your life you're going to have to deal with the situation without playing games.
She's never needed my help with anything except she talks to me about her problems once in awhile so I can't really not help with that then I'd lose my status as a friend eventually.

I know she doesn't want to be in a relationship with me... we established that. As for the fact if she wants to have any relationships, I dunno. I've heard her story about her ex but... ah well.

Anyway, I think I just a pretty damn good sign that she's not interested. I told her "Well, looks like you are already well past drunk. Hope you have a ride home. Talk to you tomorrow" and bam! She replies (well I had to translate it): "You're so cute.... Sorry I had to say it". I think that's an obvious sign that she doesn't see me as anything more than a friend... ah well. I'm done replying to her tonight... God, knows what she could say next.

But anyway, no more Mr. Nice Guy. I'm taking off the halo and putting the horns on.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
See how fast I'm responding to y'all? This is how fast I respond to her texts which I think... no wait.... KNOW that is shows desperateness and clinginess (sp?).
Alleluja!

Quote:
Anyway, I think I just a pretty damn good sign that she's not interested. I told her "Well, looks like you are already well past drunk. Hope you have a ride home. Talk to you tomorrow" and bam! She replies (well I had to translate it): "You're so cute.... Sorry I had to say it". I think that's an obvious sign that she doesn't see me as anything more than a friend... ah well. I'm done replying to her tonight... God, knows what she could say next.
And isn't she drunk every night, btw...?!

Old 11-01-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
And isn't she drunk every night, btw...?!
Lol, I think this is the only time she's been drunk this week. But still, I have better self-control than her when I'm drunk. I don't call my girlfriends "Babe" or say "Oh, you're so hot... sorry I just had to say that" when I'm sober or out of my mind drunk. She's starting to reveal herself....

Old 11-01-2009, 11:55 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
On the one hand, it could indicate that you're not interested.

On the other hand, I've wound up not texting people that I had been--because I lost my phone and their number.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
On the one hand, it could indicate that you're not interested.

On the other hand, I've wound up not texting people that I had been--because I lost my phone and their number.
Right, that's what could backfire on me (the first part)...

As for the second part, I keep my cellphone on me at all times and have never ever lost it.

I don't even need to ignore her now. THe whole point of ignoring her texts was to see if she would keep texting me regardless if I ignored her and that would show that it bothers her that I'm ignoring her texts. Then I could tell from there. But with this last, recent text, I know for a fact that she only sees me as a friend.

I mean, what kind of girl calls a guy they are interested in cute? None.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships