Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 08:58 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Thank you so much for bringing the example of Cameron Poe to the attention of those reading this thread. Had they not read this, there is no telling what they would have done. Who wants to get caught in some crappy movie about a bunch of convicts on a plane? Not me. Especially not if Steve Buscemi is playing some creepy guy in a straight jacket in it.
I worked with Steve Buscemi's cousin...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

22,141 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Physical violence never solves anything and you are picking a battle you may not necessarily want to be in. restraining order is the best way to handle the situation. It's her place to file it, not yours.
i have to agree with andreas here

sounds to me like the opening post person is spoiling for a fight, and looking for a reason to justify it

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times
I would not expect a man I was dating to handle my ex unless he posed a physical threat to him. Then it would be a matter of self-defense. Restraining orders and calling the police would be the first thing I would do. If he continues to violate them and I feel my life may be in danger then I'm taking matters into my own hands.............yes, that!

Old 11-05-2009, 09:02 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
I would not go so far as to say "Physical violence never solves anything." In rare occasions it can be a useful method of communicating with certain types of people who do not respond well to words.

For example if some guy is assaulting her, I am not going to stand there yelling: "Stop! Stop immediately! Please stop! I implore you to stop!"

Old 11-05-2009, 09:11 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
trust me if she wants to she can make him leave so fast.
ever watch animal channel? who does all the hunting and killing in a lion pride?
Hi Huckleberry3911948,

When its a Water Buffalo, having to deal with hyenas, or other male lions, the male quite frankly. So yes I do like to watch the big cats. Anything that bothers my wife , bothers me.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:13 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
As a last resort, yes. I'd tell him "Look bro, you fumbled the ball and I recovered for a TD. Take your loss and keep moving. After that and he still kept harassing her, I'd go see about him and that's real. At the same time, I'd ask her if she's giving mixed signals like she wants the attention b/c women do thrive on that.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:02 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I see... Just like those women who want to be raped and/or killed by random strangers and feed their ego by it...
Whoa! I think you need to chill a bit on that Sierra. You are going waaaay off the deep end on this. Who said anything about being raped and killed? The OP said the guy just keeps calling and showing up where she is. He didnt mention anything about it going further. And, as I have said before, if she's smart, she would get a restraining order against the guy, if she's stupid, she wont. Simple as that.

Still, I would not get into a "physical fight" with a guy just because he keeps calling and showing up where we/the girl is. If he approaches her in a threatening manner, of course I wouldnt allow him to hurt her, but knowing the OP, he's referring to a "keeping it real" type thing. Not something someone your typical Jewish guy or Stanford graduate would do - fight a dude because he keeps calling a girl I am seeing. It would be stupid, ignorant and Im pretty sure assault which is against the law to "physically confront/fight" a guy just because he's calling her.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:09 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Not if she has not told him to f off yet.

For all you know she is playing you and him. "Keeps following" is a good excuse to keep her out of trouble. If he is actually a nut, confrontation will only increase your problems and maybe make the 6oclock news. Recently here in pittsburgh someone ran down a third party in a love triangle. Don't think you want that to be you.

Dump em both

Old 11-05-2009, 10:22 AM

22,141 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Not something someone your typical Jewish guy or Stanford graduate would do - fight a dude because he keeps calling a girl I am seeing.
that remark is ignorant and offensive on sooooooo many levels
yikes, your arrogance is showing big-time

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 11-05-2009 at 10:53 AM..

Old 11-05-2009, 10:46 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
that remark is ignorant and offensive on sooooooo many levels
yikes, your arrogance is showing big-time
Nothing ignorant or arrogant about what I said. Its totally true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships