Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 08:42 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,319,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro11236 View Post
Would u date someone whose has a nice personality, a nice body but not a looker in the face area...i mean not horrific but not ur average pick. would you? and why? why not?
I would. Actually, I did. I married him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 08:43 AM

1,988 posts, read 5,384,295 times
Physical attraction/"chemistry" is important when it comes to dating, though the right personality has to be there too. However, not everyone uses a person's facial features as a measure of physical attraction. A nice body can go a long way in that department.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:56 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,028,651 times
I've never dated wallets, abs, or hair. I don't much care what you look like as long as you are clean and well groomed.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:20 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,444 times
Quote:
Would u date someone whose has a nice personality, a nice body but not a looker in the face area...i mean not horrific but not ur average pick. would you? and why? why not?
The short answer: Yes, probably so..

But, there has to be that initial attraction, and that usually comes from either looks or personality. So, to get to the dating part of things, I have to be initially attracted to them.

Sometimes, personality goes a lot further than looks.. I mean, hell, just look at me and you'd get scared to death.. short, fat, bald, three teeth - green of course, but hey, I've got one hell of a personality.

Bottom line: If you're attracted to them, go for it.. If not, well, move on.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:34 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,422,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post
The short answer: Yes, probably so..

But, there has to be that initial attraction, and that usually comes from either looks or personality. So, to get to the dating part of things, I have to be initially attracted to them.

Sometimes, personality goes a lot further than looks.. I mean, hell, just look at me and you'd get scared to death.. short, fat, bald, three teeth - green of course, but hey, I've got one hell of a personality.

Bottom line: If you're attracted to them, go for it.. If not, well, move on.
Oh, baby! You sound just like my kind of guy!

Old 11-06-2009, 08:51 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,255 times
In whose opinion are you going by? people have their own ideas about who's good looking, etc. Not everyone has the same taste in the opposite sex.
I think you date people that appeal to you, not what what other people think. They may seem average to someone else, but very good looking to you.

Quote:

Old 11-06-2009, 10:10 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Oh, baby! You sound just like my kind of guy!
I like it when you call me baby!

Ya know, just the other day, I was accused of lying through my tooth. How rude.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:22 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,422,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post
I like it when you call me baby!

Ya know, just the other day, I was accused of lying through my tooth. How rude.
Wow...that must've been a low blow. VERY low in your case

Old 11-06-2009, 10:25 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I've never dated wallets, abs, or hair. I don't much care what you look like as long as you are clean and well groomed.
That sounds pretty wack to me. I don't know a soul that doesn't "much care what you look like" in the context of dating.

If I don't find something attractive there, we won't be breaking bread together, that's for certain.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:28 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:
Before I've met my husband, I have dated guys who were not considered physically attractive by majority, but there was just something about them that was drawing me to them. I think a lot of it had to do with personality and mental connection.
Another way to know if there is chemistry is to kiss this person, I mean literally french kiss this person. I've had situations when I wasn't finding this guy attractive at all and then he would lean for a kiss and the kiss would just be magical. Next thing you know: Boom! Chemistry is there.

Although I agree that physical attraction is important, I believe that physical attraction can come later, after you get to know someone mentally or sexually.

It just so happens, my husband is the only one that my friends went ga-ga for, he was the only one who is considered handsome by majority...but it was more then that for me, not just physical looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships