Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 10:23 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
You do have a point.

That said, TVSG creates numerous threads on CD which do rather tend to belie the fact that he has a mind and a soul when it comes to human relationships. As far as his being "property" I'm unsure to what you allude. Please explain. I'm curious.
from the moment he says "i do" he becomes property, his wages his future pension his assets his line of credit are no longer his, he is property. no human being should ever be responsible for debt he did not sign for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 06:57 AM

2,184 posts, read 5,552,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
This women at my job always hears me talking to my male co-worker about what games I will be watching tonight. She knows I'n single and felt the need to say

"So you watch sports everynight? I guess she was trying to say-"Do you have interest in women? Why can't a women just accept that I have no interest in being in a relationship and more interest in watching sports with friends? Why do so many women feel that every 34 year old man must all be the same?

I still don't get it.
Somehow I thought that when you had said you wanted to ... get a date....on so many threads... I imagined you meant you were looking for a RELATIONSHIP!
*disappointed smiley!*

Old 11-09-2009, 07:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
Hey TVand SportsGuy, I'm a man and I actually think you do have a point there. If you are a true sports fan, there's nothing better than hearing your favorite play by play announcer call the games or your favorite team winning a championship. Hearing someone call the games doesn't lead to stupid arguments about the most non-sensical stuff and a host of other issues. On the other hand, a lot of women will complain about the dumbest things in the world. Hearing my favorite play by play announcer(Jim Hughson) is really cool because I love the way he speaks and he has so much knowledge about the game of hockey. If women find that you spending time watching sports is weird, who really cares? They're wasting their time and energy picking on you which is dumb. They make themselves look like losers IMO. Just ignore them and live your life
Looks like you found your soulmate, TVSG. Too bad he lives in California.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:25 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
But should a women who is engaged to be married be so concerned about how I chose to live my life when I'm not working?
She has her fingers crossed as she hopes all men aren't like you. I've seen ESPN end a marriage.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:08 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Totally in the realm of fantasy but picture TVSG sprawling his bulk on the couch, clad only in his Winnie The Pooh underwear with Froot Loop crumbs in the creases and the volume on the big TV screen turned up loud as a Big Ball Game plays out. The girl of his dreams, a buxom beauty, sidles up next to him clad in revealing lingerie. She gently puts her hand on his leg and croons, "Hey, Big Boy, let's do Foreplay ..."

Eyes glued to the screen, he brusquely pushes her hand away. "AFTER the game, Woman, this is IMPORTANT!"

Buxom beauty heaves a deep sigh, refills the Froot Loop bowl, gives TVSG a quick peck on the forehead and exits stage left to catch her bus home ...

Old 11-09-2009, 09:35 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Looks like you found your soulmate, TVSG. Too bad he lives in California.
LOL, nah, his soulmate lives here in my house, my son and a few
others with sports widows come to mind as well

Old 11-09-2009, 09:39 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,976,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
from the moment he says "i do" he becomes property, his wages his future pension his assets his line of credit are no longer his, he is property. no human being should ever be responsible for debt he did not sign for.
This is true in many cases...and I think its a more logical reason for abstaining from relationships than an unwavering obsession with sports.

That said, many women and I would suspect even a few men reject sexual advances from their partners all the time. I dont see how his decision to prefer sports over a sexual relations, would be any different than other people who reject sexual advances for any of their own contrived reasons.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:46 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
That goes both ways, though.

Besides, you're jumping the gun a bit. TVSG can't even get a date, let alone marriage.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:51 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That goes both ways, though.

Besides, you're jumping the gun a bit. TVSG can't even get a date, let alone marriage.

Yep, not even one date so far in 2009 ....

Old 11-09-2009, 11:40 AM

1,192 posts, read 3,483,767 times
There is a compromise here that I used and I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned. Invite into your life a sports chick. Nothing better than having a pretty woman by your side at a football game to play with under the blanket while enjoying your favorite team score touchdowns (and if you warm her up properly maybe you'll score a touchdown yourself when you get home!).

I met a girl who was a lot more of an athlete than I'll ever be and played varsity level tennis and basketball center in High School and University Level. She's even taught me how to play tennis in my late 40's. She'll come see baseball, basketball, football,. anything. She even loves the fights on HBO. Her father was a jock too (football and basketball - was the 2cd biggest guy in Philadelphia in the late 40's and used to practice with Wilt Chamberlain because he was the only guy in town to give him ANY competition). Girls who have jock fathers and look up fondly to him are the key to a relationship to a sports guy because sports has such a great warm, fuzzy connection mentally towards their father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships