Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 04:06 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,976,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyMJ View Post
I'm just waiting for the Thanksgiving thread, where some poor innocent person asks him about his Thanksgiving plans and he thinks that they are oh, so wierd for asking such a question. Maybe I can get that one started.

So, TV guy what are your plans for Thanksgiving? Inquiring minds want to know.
Dont most people just eat and watch football on Thanksgiving?..I would suspect his Thanksgiving, of all people's, would be much like everyone else's..I wonder why he would consider that weird?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 04:07 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyMJ View Post
I'm just waiting for the Thanksgiving thread, where some poor innocent person asks him about his Thanksgiving plans and he thinks that they are oh, so wierd for asking such a question. Maybe I can get that one started.

So, TV guy what are your plans for Thanksgiving? Inquiring minds want to know.

To sit in my underwear alone eating baked chicken, stuffin, mash potatoes, and macoroni and cheese while watching football all day. Then I will eat a sweet potato pie that a female coworker has agreed to make for me.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:20 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Any man who is a true Sports Fan would always choose SPORTS over SEX
You're out of your mind. Have you ever gotten laid??

Stop lying to yourself and trying to pretend it doesn't suck to be single and have nobody to love you. You're being a hypocrite.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
You're out of your mind. Have you ever gotten laid??

Stop lying to yourself and trying to pretend it doesn't suck to be single and have nobody to love you. You're being a hypocrite.

I prefer to have sex after the game goes off

Old 11-08-2009, 04:33 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,074,604 times
Quote:
She'll be asleep by then. A woman wants you to make her the priority. Your sort of thinking is more suited to the guy who has been married 20 years.

Last edited by GypsySoul22; 11-08-2009 at 05:08 PM..

Old 11-08-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
She'll be asleep by then. A woman wants you to make her the priority. Your sort of thinking is more suited to the guy who has been married 20 years.
Yeah i notice that, nothing else is supposed to be as equally fun as being around her

Old 11-08-2009, 04:38 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
I think I'm going to talk to her privately about this on Monday. I just need to know why is it such a big concern when she is engaged.
"Look, you got me all riled up. You mocked and jeer at my habits. I'm forced to do this, I have no other choice. I cannot be sharing the stapler with you any longer. It's going to be mine and fully mine. I'm sorry if this hurts you. I thought about it a lot and this is my decision, and I expect you to support my decision. You can still be friends with my stapler. You can look at it, but that's it."

Old 11-08-2009, 04:47 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,976,319 times
This society encourages women to be independent all the time. They encourage women to do what pleases them and tells them that they dont need romantic relationships with men to be happy or secure. I dont see why it should be any different for you in the converse, TVSportsguy. If you want to be independent so be it. But I find it strange that you are letting us, on a message board define what you as a 34 year old man should be. Being some sex fiend doesnt make you a man. And neither does some beer swigging neandertholic obsession with sports. Think about it..even if you were to do everything we suggest on this board, some men and even more women would still be critical of your lifestyle...and worse yet, assuming you are now, you might no longer be happy.

If you hated sports --- people would "find it weird" that you, as a male, dont like sports. If you were a sex fiend, women would criticize you for being a dog. If you are in and out of relationships, people are going to criticize you for being unstable.

In essence, as a grown up, I would propose that you quit looking to the standards of others for how you should live your life. In the end I would submit that all that really matters is that you DID do it your way. Because you certainly wont automatically find contentment doing it everyone else's ('everybody else' includes myself). And like it or not, we will all die alone/single. lol

I dont think you would catch so much flack, if you just shut up and did what you wanted to do in life without questioning what women think of it. As I was once told, you dont have to please all women..just one. (if you desire a relationship at this time, of course.)

Old 11-08-2009, 04:47 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Ah yes, the game raises the libido. Amazing how that works and so many women fall all over you knowing that sports (and not their charms) have that effect on you. They're just beating your door down and I don't know how you have the time and energy to deal with all that melee.

As for the comment, "Any man who is a true Sports Fan would always choose SPORTS over SEX" well of course you're right. Everybody knows that.

Wait, it's almost the end of 2009 and you haven't yet had even one date this year. My thinking cap must be skewed. Time to set it straight and rethink this whole enigma.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:50 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,074,604 times
He wants to meet a nice woman. I presume he wants a relationship, maybe even marriage, though if not fine. He has not had a date all year. Correct me if I am wrong, I may have fallen behind.

Meanwhile, he is pig stubborn. Doesn't go on dates in any 'weather,' would rather watch sports than be with a girlfriend, has a very 'condescending attitude' toward women...

If you were hurt, TVGuy, I understand. But if you WANT a girlfriend, you MUST change your ways and stop being so 'me' and my needs oriented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships