Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 09:08 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

This women at my job always hears me talking to my male co-worker about what games I will be watching tonight. She knows I'n single and felt the need to say

"So you watch sports everynight? I guess she was trying to say-"Do you have interest in women? Why can't a women just accept that I have no interest in being in a relationship and more interest in watching sports with friends? Why do so many women feel that every 34 year old man must all be the same?

I still don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 09:11 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,805,141 times
If your only desire is to watch tv, like most other people in life, why do you care what she thinks? Tell her to go stuff her face with some pie!

Old 11-07-2009, 09:14 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
"So you watch sports everynight? I guess she was trying to say-"Do you have interest in women? Why can't a women just accept that I have no interest in being in a relationship and more interest in watching sports with friends? Why do so many women feel that every 34 year old man must all be the same?
Or she was just asking if you watched sports every night. And since when do you have no interest in being in a relationship? You're on here whining every other day about dating. You haven't exactly "chosen" to be single. Singleness has chosen you, since you refuse to be flexible or take any of the good advice you're constantly being given.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 11-07-2009 at 09:23 AM..

Old 11-07-2009, 09:24 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
This women at my job always hears me talking to my male co-worker about what games I will be watching tonight. She knows I'n single and felt the need to say

I still don't get it.
I don't understand how you got to such a conclusion from her asking "so you watch sports everynight?" Sounds like you are a little over-sensitive.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
If your only desire is to watch tv, like most other people in life, why do you care what she thinks? Tell her to go stuff her face with some pie!
I think I'm going to talk to her privately about this on Monday. I just need to know why is it such a big concern when she is engaged.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:29 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

I still don't get it.
You could be doing alot worse things with your time, if this is what makes you happy.....your not accountable to anyone but yourself. Trying new things will never hurt you though.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Or she was just asking if you watched sports every night. And since when do you have no interest in being in a relationship? You're on here whining every other day about dating. You haven't exactly "chosen" to be single. Singleness has chosen you, since you refuse to be flexible or take any of the good advice you're constantly being given.

I'm not depressed about not being in a relationship and still enjoying life. So women think you HAVE to be involved because that's how all men should be.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:32 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Now come on, lets get real, every other thread you post is the same topic.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:34 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
Thumbs down So it's weird to women if a 34 year old man chooses to be single and watch sports everynight?

I don't know about thinking your weird, but it would cause me to think that you'd make a lousy guy to date and enter into a serious relationship or marriage with. Being addicted to watch sports on tv is not healthy or productive. After all, unless you are an aspiring sports player or athletic coach, what does it add to your life to watch all these sports games? How does watching sports enrich your life?

Watching sports is a very passive activity that's a big waste of time in your case. And choosing to watch all these games prevents you from having a real girlfriend or an interesting full life. And you probably care more about the outcome of each game than any real person in your life. It's really quite disturbing to think of all the hundreds, maybe even thousands of hours that you've wasting in your lifetime watching sports games on the boob tube.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:34 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,923,439 times
maybe she thinks you need to get a life ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships