Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:47 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretlySad View Post
That's all wonderful, but what about when he has a 10 year old son at 60, who he can't play with because he is too old??

Or when I have to continue working 17 years after he has retired??

Or when I finally reach retirement I find myself suddenly alone as he is either in a nursing home or (god forbid) deceased??
There's always a trade-off.

Otherwise, if he were younger, he can run away when the kid's two and make you a hard-working, single mom.

If he really loves you a lot, like the OP says, then chances are higher that he'll have some integrity and will be more responsible.

If you are so bummed about the "60" situation, then you should be working on shooting a kid out this year or the next. 55 year olds can very well play with 10 year olds. My father was 52 when he died and he had so much energy when I was last together with him at 51. He had diabetes since I was born, if a man with 26-year old diabetes had that strength, then a 55-year old healthy man's gonna fare higher.

But I do get that playing with a 10 year old is different, but is certainly not a herculean task.

Assuming there aren't other problems like super-obesity and a tray full of health problems.

Or, are you watching news, a lot of horny 65 year old men are having babies

Quote:
Would you be happy with a life like that?
ME?? Never EVER, LMAO.

If you see a cougar on me, it only means it's feeding on the muscle flesh of my decaying dead body. Like on NatGeo or Animal planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 10:51 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
There's always a trade-off.

Otherwise, if he were younger, he can run away when the kid's two and make you a hard-working, single mom.

If he really loves you a lot, like the OP says, then chances are higher that he'll have some integrity and will be more responsible.

If you are so bummed about the "60" situation, then you should be working on shooting a kid out this year or the next. 55 year olds can very well play with 10 year olds. My father was 52 when he died and he had so much energy when I was last together with him at 51. He had diabetes since I was born, if a man with 26-year old diabetes had that strength, then a 55-year old healthy man's gonna fare higher.

But I do get that playing with a 10 year old is different, but is certainly not a herculean task.

Assuming there aren't other problems like super-obesity and a tray full of health problems.

Or, are you watching news, a lot of horny 65 year old men are having babies

ME?? Never EVER, LMAO.

If you see a cougar on me, it only means it's feeding on the muscle flesh of my decaying dead body. Like on NatGeo or Animal planet.
Lol, Can't rep you but have good intentions. You are much more understanding and less of an a-hole than I, sir.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Lol, Can't rep you but have good intentions. You are much more understanding and less of an a-hole than I, sir.
Hold on, let me reserve my a-hole moments for certain "amiusing" C/D folks

And with all the talk on retirement, it's like 16 years away, right? A whole world can come and go in 16 years

Old 11-10-2009, 11:02 PM

81 posts, read 299,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDriven View Post
Honestly.. I'm 22 years old.. I hear these girls I work with talk about how age is just a number, and all this jazz. You should think of these things! I'm 22, and I am!
That stuff is all very romantic, but I have come to see that it is not realistic.

If your 15 year old daughter came home and told you she was in love with a 70 year old, are you saying you would be ok with that? Age is not just a number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDriven View Post
I think it would be horrible, and I can understand your situation with now knowing what it will be like to be with a guy who is retired, and your still working.. That is a real eye opener
Yes it really was. Most couples retire together and enjoy their final time on this earth together. I'll be in my 40's, still young and still working, and he'll be in his 60's, sitting at home on his bum - for seventeen years before I even begin.

Quote:
If you are so bummed about the "60" situation, then you should be working on shooting a kid out this year or the next.
Now you see this is exactly what I mean - I, at 27, have to rush and shoot out a kid NOW even though I don't want nor am ready for one now, simply because he is already 44.

So I should rush my life because I am with a man who was born in 1965? He didn't rush his for anyone and I become more and more jealous of that every single day.

Ok I am sorry everyone... I am getting a little angry now... I know you're all just trying to help me. I just feel so confused and torn.

Jason you made me chuckle - thank you.

Last edited by SecretlySad; 11-10-2009 at 11:16 PM..

Old 11-10-2009, 11:08 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,805,141 times
17 years is definitely too much age difference for anything other than sex. It will get horribly awkward at some point, like you're taking care of your sick dying dad. If two years age difference sounds better to you, just send me a DM and I'll respond with some inappropriate pictures.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Now you see this is exactly what I mean - I, at 27, have to rush and shoot out a kid NOW even though I don't want nor am ready for one now, simply because he is already 44.
You can wait two years. 46 is not too bad of an age to be a Dad.

But it seems you are already coming up with a list of NO's, and no matter what piece of advice you get, it's only gonnabe a downward spiral.

This is probably old school thinking. But dads in my world advocate kids before 30, becoz 30 more years of professional life are left to save a fortune for the kids. That's pretty much what my father did. And if this plan were to work, then the push has to be there to have kids at the earliest. No kidding around.

This is just like business strategy. Empty emotions and mood swings achieve nothing. For there is only one thing that happens for sure. It stunts progress.

Given the constraints you have, it's all a matter of quick childbirth and diligent savings such that the hypothesis you present - working alone when he is retired - does not happen to be too heavy, even if it can and will happen for real. A few saved 1000s in the bank account will make a difference. Then, there are always things to do with saved money - investments

Failing to plan is planning to fail. If planning presents logistic difficulties, tell the old man and dump him. Even a not so good plan will make your future fears real. For all the headache, you can get married to a 20-something dude and start over.

He'll be fine. If he can tranquilizer gun some cougar down and carry on, he gets my standing ovation. Heck, I'd even offer some bucks for a cougar coat or something (winter's around), and they also say the claws carry good luck

Old 11-10-2009, 11:18 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason28 View Post
17 years is definitely too much age difference for anything other than sex. It will get horribly awkward at some point, like you're taking care of your sick dying dad. If two years age difference sounds better to you, just send me a dm and i'll respond with some inappropriate pictures.
haha!!

Old 11-10-2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
17 years is definitely too much age difference for anything other than sex. It will get horribly awkward at some point, like you're taking care of your sick dying dad. If two years age difference sounds better to you, just send me a DM and I'll respond with some inappropriate pictures.
Dude, you'd be retired when she's 58 and she'll have to work alone for two years.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:32 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,805,141 times
Quote:
Dude, you'd be retired when she's 58 and she'll have to work alone for two years.
She's 27, I'm 29...I don't see the problem here.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:46 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
It may be just the fact your priorities have shifted, it does happen and will probably happen a few more times in your life. Five years ago it seemed like a good idea, but not so much anymore.
Don't drag it out though, make it quick & clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships