Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 05:25 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times

Advertisements

There's bad sex?

Old 11-12-2009, 06:34 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,084,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaysCopenhagenSkoal View Post
Finally sexy momma agrees with me...
Stranger things have happened LOL and thank you

Old 11-12-2009, 06:35 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,084,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
There's bad sex?
Yes, there is.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:47 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
I wonder if the reality of that genitals should be "eliminated" or become "non-functional", then lets see how you all will "survive" without that "meeting".

Will there still be love?

Will there still be relationships?

Will there still be drama?

Will there still be (cough - cough) marriages?

LOL!!!!

Old 11-12-2009, 07:42 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Interesting responses. Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Ummm. what makes you think that they can't be taught? What is it they do wrong?
This isn't about me but I disagree. Some people simply cannot or will not be taught. If they could or would, I think there would be less infidelity and divorce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertheironsea View Post
A man ending a relationship because of "bad sex" just sounds unrealistic to me.

Any sex is good sex. All we really need is friction.
I do feel it seems shallow to end a relationship over bad/no sex, but perfunctory sex? We can do that alone, no marriage license needed.

Quote:
And no wonder we have a 50% divorce rate in the country. This one thing and you end an otherwise loving relationship? (Assuming all other factors are fine.) Ridiculous. If you want something better, tell your partner and work at it. Practice until you get it right. Quitters.
This one thing is a big deal and it covers all kinds of issues, from being a prude to losing interest all together. Telling your partner does not mean it will happen and it takes two to practice. When the other is not willing, which was the point of my original post, what would you do? Do you do for better or worse and stay in a sexless marriage, do you cheat or do you walk away when everything else is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
There's bad sex?
LOL....yes!

Old 11-12-2009, 08:00 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,178,364 times
Choc, I would ask for some clarification from you about problems in the sex department.

Is your question about lack of sex or bad technique? Seems to me they are different things (though they could be related, of course). It also seems to me that the answer of how you deal with this sex problem depends upon the nature of the problem.

Setting aside the matter of lack of sex (since that seems to be the most oft-discussed issue here at CD), I wonder what the origins of the bad technique are. Is the lackluster partner sincerely trying but just not able to get it right? Are they willing but just generally apathetic toward it all? Or are they simply unwilling to try or do anything but the most routine and/or basic acts?

I suppose what I am asking is this: if the question is about bad technique, what is/are the origin(s) of this technique problem? This will, I think, go a long way to helping to identify a reasonable response to the problem.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:02 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
This is when toys come in handy.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:07 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
I think you have to weigh your priorities early on in the relationship. If bad sex is something you can't compromise on in the long term, then you can either try to communicate your needs with your partner and hope that it sparks some inspiration in your partner, or move on. In most cases you are either sexually compatible or you aren't, and depending on your patience, teaching them can either be lot's of fun or burdensome. I think the more you like someone, the more you are willing to overlook some of their shortcomings and work with them. However, if you already see signs that this person may not be "the one" then bad sex is only going to push you closer to seeking out someone else.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:14 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Ummm. what makes you think that they can't be taught? What is it they do wrong?
You would think there would be some night courses at the local community college to help improve your style.

Actually, helping someone to develop into a sex fiend would be a nice challenge.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:15 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
For a woman, the best sex comes when you are comfortable within your own skin. When you have that, she can you offer the most passionate, mind blowing sex ever. It starts at the brain though. Not all women are intense sexual creatures.

Now for some women, they just are not wired to want/enjoy sex. Never have, never will...add children to that equation and it's even worse.

Alot of factors can be considered but I would not throw away an otherwise great relationship on the basis they are not a good lover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships