Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 10:48 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,863,814 times

Advertisements

Why don't they no longer care about their health? I was jsut browsing through the internet and read several article about STD's and teenagers. They found that a lot of teenagers do not give a **** ( Sorry, but just gotta say it like this) about protection when they have sex. So many will jsut do it without a condom. No questions asked. Talked about two teens who did it outside on the ground. Apparently, they were just horny and decided to do it right there without a condom. Another couple did it at the rest room of the club ( in the stalls - no condom, of course). Someone else just cheated on the boyfriend. Didn't think about protection, either. A friend of mine just told me today that he cheated ( no condom). I think I should let his SO know.

Well, it's not just teens. Even young adults just do it like this. Why is nobody doing something against it? Why are there no anti AIDS TV ads? Why dosen't someone tell them what can happen? It's not just AIDS. It's also genital herpis, hepatitis etc. Can't even get rid of some of those things. It's even worse when you're in a relationship and they obviously don't tell their partner what they did.
I even know of some friends who are like this ( I'm in College ). It seems like it's getting worse by the year. Nothing surprises me anymore. A lot of teens start having sex once they are 14-15.

Why do you think that is? Why is everybody so careless these days? Why do so many people no longer value real relationships? If you can't trust him or her, then it's over.

I was really shaken up by this. It's just all about sex now, nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 10:56 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Why don't they no longer care about their health? I was jsut browsing through the internet and read several article about STD's and teenagers. They found that a lot of teenagers do not give a **** ( Sorry, but just gotta say it like this) about protection when they have sex. So many will jsut do it without a condom. No questions asked. Talked about two teens who did it outside on the ground. Apparently, they were just horny and decided to do it right there without a condom. Another couple did it at the rest room of the club ( in the stalls - no condom, of course). Someone else just cheated on the boyfriend. Didn't think about protection, either. A friend of mine just told me today that he cheated ( no condom). I think I should let his SO know.

Well, it's not just teens. Even young adults just do it like this. Why is nobody doing something against it? Why are there no anti AIDS TV ads? Why dosen't someone tell them what can happen? It's not just AIDS. It's also genital herpis, hepatitis etc. Can't even get rid of some of those things. It's even worse when you're in a relationship and they obviously don't tell their partner what they did.
I even know of some friends who are like this ( I'm in College ). It seems like it's getting worse by the year. Nothing surprises me anymore. A lot of teens start having sex once they are 14-15.

Why do you think that is? Why is everybody so careless these days? Why do so many people no longer value real relationships? If you can't trust him or her, then it's over.

I was really shaken up by this. It's just all about sex now, nothing more.
It is so sad that a segment of young people are making these choices. BUT, even though it seems like ALL teens are behaving this way, they really aren't. So on a personal level just be true to yourself and lead by example with some integrity .

There are many complicated reasons why our society in general has become so depraved, hopeless and aimless. But I do believe eventually the pendulum does swing back the other direction, hopefully sooner rather than later

Old 11-12-2009, 10:58 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,056,542 times
Most don't like the way condoms feel so they risk it! No way in hell would I ever risk my life for sex!

Old 11-12-2009, 11:04 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,034,055 times
..though imo sure to stirr a hornet's nest, part of the possible blame goes to not only the lack of parental teaching..but the music culture...all ive ever heard out of 98% of rap songs is * this fat ol' p****.. do er' in a'n a^^..

When i used to dj, the other dj i worked with hated playing the stuff...but, like i said, music culture is only part of the issue..

when Ive sat at some place like Mc arches and listened to groups of middle school aged kids who were also there talk..id have my son by the neck if i ever heard him talk like some of these kids..And the blame rests only upon the shoulders of the parents..who probably are shady themselves...

I agree that something should be done...and that a law should be created that states..If Partner A in a marrige intentionally infects partner b with a disease..partenr B should be able to sue...i mean in my opinion, partner A consciously made the choice not to disclose possible exposure to x disease and consciously made the decision to hide this from partner B...why should partner b be left with nothing?...a crime is a crime..and that one should be..

Old 11-12-2009, 11:05 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
Most don't like the way condoms feel so they risk it! No way in hell would I ever risk my life for sex!
Someone's arguing for both sides

Old 11-12-2009, 11:05 PM

146 posts, read 462,172 times
From talking to many young guys I know for a fact that most young guys fear getting a girl pregnant rather than getting a disease.

Plus some attitude I've encountered was "well, if I get crabs, I can always shave."

Plus I happen to know for a fact that diseases like AIDS and hepatitus are very difficult for heterosexual men to catch; any virus or bacteria that crawls up a mans urethra during sex will mostly get squirted out during orgasm or urination afterwards.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:41 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,915 times
Impulsiveness is the hallmark of youth. There are teens/young people who just do whatever feels good and live in the moment. While this hedonistic lifestyle suits them, I do not believe it's right or wise in the long term. The good news is that there are a lot of teens/young people who have a good moral compass and do not live their lives this way. Unfortunately, the "good kids" are the ones who do not get the press or props they deserve. Hang in there and know that there are others like you out there. They can be hard to find, but they are there. Best wishes.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:03 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,493,670 times
It's a medical fact that the part of the brain that controls impulses is underdeveloped in teenagers. This is why they engage in risky behavior and have little self-control.
I think with the Iraq war, terrorism, hepititis, cancer, swine flu, 'male enhancement' pills, the Gardisil vaccine, autism, and herpes getting all the media attention these days, AIDS has been pushed to the back burner of people's minds. Remember all the TV ads back in the 80's warning about AIDS? When's the last time you saw one of those?? All those pharmacutical ads on TV these days, yet NOTHING AIDS-related!
I do think the music culture has a lot to do with the "if it feels good, do it" mentality of our young people. I remember when Hall and Oates' song "Maneater" was getting tons of attention for its supposed "dirty" meaning! You listen to the stuff kids listen to today and "Maneater" sounds as 'dirty' as "It's A Small World"!!!

Old 11-13-2009, 12:21 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersgrl1969 View Post
It's a medical fact that the part of the brain that controls impulses is underdeveloped in teenagers. This is why they engage in risky behavior and have little self-control.
I think with the Iraq war, terrorism, hepititis, cancer, swine flu, 'male enhancement' pills, the Gardisil vaccine, autism, and herpes getting all the media attention these days, AIDS has been pushed to the back burner of people's minds. Remember all the TV ads back in the 80's warning about AIDS? When's the last time you saw one of those?? All those pharmacutical ads on TV these days, yet NOTHING AIDS-related!
I do think the music culture has a lot to do with the "if it feels good, do it" mentality of our young people. I remember when Hall and Oates' song "Maneater" was getting tons of attention for its supposed "dirty" meaning! You listen to the stuff kids listen to today and "Maneater" sounds as 'dirty' as "It's A Small World"!!!
This is very true, but not a new thing.

The thing that is new is how parents of today have abdicated so much of what should be their responsibility for their teens.

In generations past, teens were just as capable of being as reckless as they are today, but there were more obstacles in their way (thrown out by their parents) to prevent them from taking so many risks with their lives.

It's a sad truth that tv has done more to raise this generation than most parents have

Old 11-13-2009, 12:27 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
It's a sad truth that tv has done more to raise this generation than most parents have
And that's one of the factors in teenage recklessness--they're inexperienced, so they're looking to media to show them what to do. When was the last time you saw someone in a tv/movie love scene stop to put on a condom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships